Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

  1. #1

    Default Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    Very exciting news. Check this out:

    Radical new 'focus later' camera begins shipping - Yahoo!
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

  2. #2
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,234

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    That's not what DPReview thinks: Lytro Light Field Camera: Digital Photography Review

    "Ultimately, though, we're not convinced that the Lytro either solves any existing problem or presents any compelling raison d'etre of its own."
    Last edited by UncleFai; 6th March 2012 at 03:03 PM.

  3. #3
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,049

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    The low resolution is a disappointment.... not asking for much... but at least 2xxx X 2xxx would be better. Its now like a toy camera.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  4. #4
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    thats how early technology is ...... looking back at our first digital cameras , we're also looking at toys compared to today ...... and our top end dslrs today are going to be seen as toys too 10+ years from now ....

    at least its relatively affordable
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  5. #5
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,234

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    When I told a friend about this, his remark was "What? What for? Isn't the point of focus one of the key ingredients of a good photograph? That is how photographers make you see the scene as they want you to."

    I said, "Yeah but sometimes I miss on the focus and it would be nice to be able to refocus after the fact."

    His response: "Well, then what you need is not Lytro. What you need is PRACTICE. Come on, go horn your skills!"
    Last edited by UncleFai; 6th March 2012 at 03:03 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,126

    Default

    Maybe instead of photographer, all have to convert to computer grapher, much like animation creator nowadays, seldom we see people hand drawing and scan 30 frames per seconds for cartoons show now

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    if it's priced as a toy or at most as a point and shoot, it should be interesting... if one only posts pictures on facebook and the like, 1000x1000px is certainly enough... but I think the main problem now is that pictures have to go through Lytro's servers in order for them to be used (reference: Lytro Light Field Camera: Digital Photography Review "What's in the files?")

  8. #8
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    BBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  9. #9

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    BBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's going to have its own market, but I doubt it will replace the current digital cameras we have now.

    It will be interesting if they can license the technology & hardware into current digital cameras..

  10. #10

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    meh..

  11. #11

    Default

    Dun buy.. Wait u cant sleep bcos dunno focus where

  12. #12
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,049

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    When I told a friend about this, his remark was "What? What for? Isn't the point of focus one of the key ingredients of a good photograph? That is how photographers make you see the scene as they want you to."

    I said, "Yeah but sometimes I miss on the focus and it would be nice to be able to refocus after the fact."

    His response: "Well, then what you need is not Lytro. What you need is PRACTICE. Come on, go horn your skills!"

    While what your friend said is true... don't we all, have those time when we miss something and its gone for good... a shot from a moving vehicle... A miss focus on a macro, living, moving subject. Personally... I rather focus on getting the shot than go all techical on getting the shots... not everyone wants to be a Pro Photographer... alot of us are just 'weekend warriors' with camera. And new tech helps. Just my 2 cents worth.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  13. #13

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Dun buy.. Wait u cant sleep bcos dunno focus where
    but that's the whole point of the camera: you take the photo and don't have to worry about where the focus is... you can adjust the focus later... so should be easier to sleep what, rather than worrying if you focus in a wrong spot for that once in a lifetime shot

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK
    but that's the whole point of the camera: you take the photo and don't have to worry about where the focus is... you can adjust the focus later... so should be easier to sleep what, rather than worrying if you focus in a wrong spot for that once in a lifetime shot
    Actually I have a feeling a whole new camera technology may evolve from this... I am not against it... Who knows one day we dun even need lens...

    But I prefer to do less post production work...

    Lets watch it, it may obsoletes all digital camera...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Lytro, new revolution in capturing images & the camera's for sale!

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Actually I have a feeling a whole new camera technology may evolve from this... I am not against it... Who knows one day we dun even need lens...

    But I prefer to do less post production work...

    Lets watch it, it may obsoletes all digital camera...
    yeah, agreed... currently it is still mark1 so still seems more like a gimmick or toy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •