Thread: Jolin Tsai "J1 World Tour 2004"

Default Jolin Tsai "J1 World Tour 2004"

i just returned from the worst concert i have ever been to, and lookin for a place to vent my frustrations.

The sound system was a disaster, loud distortions could be heard in almost every song. ppl ard me were complainin about it, n some ppl left reeli early, alot didnt stay for the encore.

The management were so strict about the NO PHOTOGRAPHY rule, they practically detained every camera anyone tried to sneak in. During the concert, usherers could be seen catchin ppl with camera n leading them out to deposit it. It was veli distracting. Never have i been to a concert where the rule was so strictly enforced, it practically spoiled halve the audiences mood.

I'm not sure who's to be blamed, but i certainly would stay away from this particular event organiser forever.

Nevertheless, i would like to praise Jolin for her professionalism for a good performance despite the lack of enthusiasm from the audience, n amidst the lousy sound system, i could stil hear her great voice.

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang

The sound system was a disaster, loud distortions could be heard in almost every song. ppl ard me were complainin about it, n some ppl left reeli early, alot didnt stay for the encore.

I'm not sure who's to be blamed, but i certainly would stay away from this particular event organiser forever.
    Those who leave early are those who seldom go concerts. Usually the singer would have encore songs. It's part of their concert.

Who's the event organiser?

where's the venue? indoor stadium?

u first time attend concert mehz.....

The organiser i also dunno who.... but u muz blame the sponsor for not pumping enough $ lor...

the Sound systems is determined by the TEchnical production companies, which is The SHow Company. If the sponsors have done that, they would have been able to acquired better equipments.

tight budgets and the area is like in Indoor. it will require lots of funds to get the systems and wdever blah...

but if i am nt wrong. this is the first time The Show Company has handled such a huge events. mistakes and errors are therefore expected.

so lets encourage them to improve and hopefully the next one will be better.

Jolin is a famous artist in the SE, so for concerts, her first line of defence will be to restrict cameras and recording thingy to prevent her frm having pictures of her "bao guang" on the internet.

so if a pre-cautionary measure is taken seriously, she will have better concentration and better performance. but if one day if u were to be in the concert which doesnt allow u to take photographs, den forget it lor.. since its a concert not a photography session. a concert is meant to enjoy and appreciate their hardwork.

if we go and take photographs and we keep flashing all the way... wad wld the other audiences think of u and us ?

a look at the amount of cameras detained would show that majority of the ppl who bought tickets expected to be able to take some photos for keepsake.

i have been to quite a few concerts but nevr have been prevented from taking photo b4.

jolin tsai is a singer n i feel tat part of tat job includes letting ppl take photos of her.

i feel ppl left b4 the encore not because of being ignorant but they couldnt tolerate the lousy sound anymore, n she started the event quite late.

when u say this: a look at the amount of cameras detained would show that majority of the ppl who bought tickets expected to be able to take some photos for keepsake. <-- this is ultimately no wrong... i did that too...

but when u say this: i have been to quite a few concerts but nevr have been prevented from taking photo b4. <--- its wrong.

when u say u have been to concerts b4, have u been to the concert which comes from the same organiser ? if u haven then, i can say is different organisers have different perspective, well, if u bought the tickets and u watched the show, the organiser have collected ur $ and wouldnt care if u took ur pics or not... well... its all part and parcel of attending concerts. its a make and break thing. well... if u cant take..enjoy the concert, and remember it...

jolin tsai is a singer n i feel tat part of tat job includes letting ppl take photos of her.
    her job as a singer is correct, her job is a singer which in means help to promote the asian music industry. however we cannot take her as a reason to allow u guys to bring in cameras. allowing pple to take photos of her is during non-big events like autograph sessions and some personal interviews, conferences. Most of the time. Concerts do not allow audiences to bring in camera. tat is why... because.. safety reason.

i feel ppl left b4 the encore not because of being ignorant but they couldnt tolerate the lousy sound anymore, n she started the event quite late.
    the reason she started quite late is not her problem at all... she prolly held up backstage because of the pre-concert briefing, interviews or wadsoever. do u think its a artist's way of doing things by being late ? no... they don.. and they dun wish to, but its always the last minute things which always hold the artists up.

all in all... i guess this is not ur first time attending such concerts anyway. u should be more understanding. but if u are saying that u attended a concert without allowing cameras in for the first time, den u will have to expose to such events more...

and btw, theres no point whinning over it, since it is over, let it be. even if u write in all ur woes, we can onli tell u that the organiser has their own way of doing things. and even if u write in and complain, they will take u as another fan of jolin, the letter, no need to read one, they will automatically throw into the rubbish bin. trust me.....

get over it, and shoot others .... be cool and be more understanding.. tats the point i am trying to reach here... if its over let it be.

a look at the amount of cameras detained would show that majority of the ppl who bought tickets expected to be able to take some photos for keepsake.

i have been to quite a few concerts but nevr have been prevented from taking photo b4.

IMO, taking pictures is OK, but the flash is very distracting to the audience and the performers.

From my personal experience, if I bring my SLR, I would sort of make it a photo outing than a concert outing. Almost impossible to do both.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Yes, a lot of people expects to be able to take pictures. But you should know that there are a lot of restrictions for the organisers and artiste as well.Safety policies, copyright issues and broadcasting laws.

If you never been prevented from taking pictures before, than you have been lucky. It doesn't mean that the photo-taking was allowed at all your previous concerts. If you read the back of the tickets or ticket sale outlet posters, in recently years, most if not all concerts prohibits photo-taking. Most organisers don't strictly enforce the rules because it's too troublesome and they expect audience initiative. If they allow someone to bring in a camera, it becomes harder to argue against the next person bringing in a handycam. And if videoclips of concerts are readily available on the web, how many people will still pay to go to a concert?

That is correct, Jolin Tsai is an artiste, but she's not your best friend. If she has to compile with every requests that her fans expects of her, there wouldn't be any exclusiveness of her being an artiste anymore. And being an artiste is also a job, she has to earn her money. If you want to have memories of her concert, then buy her concert DVD lah. Don't like her way of doing things, then there are plenty of other artistes out there for you to support. But it's going to be the same thing for most artistes. Show business is all about money.

guys, let's not get emotional and don't have to jump to jolin's defence. you're not on her payroll.

all parties involved have a part to play in this debacle. one point, if they do not allow photography, they could have checked all bags at the door for cameras in addition to the usual checks for items that can do harm.

i do agree that it can be disruptive to have people lead away mid concert. there are rules, and there are authoritarian/militaristic/anal methods of executing those rules.

Deregistered

can't remember which event i was involved in, that the Show Company was working on. pretty alright, i suppose. i hope they did their soundchecks earlier...

anyway, perhaps a reason why the no-photo rule was so strict.. remember that jolin said she was some reincarnated Hawaiian princess or Eygptian princess?

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    can't remember which event i was involved in, that the Show Company was working on. pretty alright, i suppose. i hope they did their soundchecks earlier...

anyway, perhaps a reason why the no-photo rule was so strict.. remember that jolin said she was some reincarnated Hawaiian princess or Eygptian princess?
    no kidding?

but then again, she is gorgeous though. a real beauty, and petite.

Deregistered

there's a lot of petite lasses around, such as my Tandy with her White Dress (search for old threads by StreetShooter, you'll find out what that means)