Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

  1. #21

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    May I know which part of Oct last year please, thanks.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitis Vinifera View Post
    May I know which part of Oct last year please, thanks.
    12th - 21st October. Towards the end some of the leaves are starting to fall.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Thanks.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    For the autumn, the highlight is 稻城红草地

  5. #25

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Quote Originally Posted by lssan View Post
    I was there last year in October to see the autumn leaves, it was a great time to go and it even snowed. For autumn leaves in Xinduqiao, it's only about a 2 weeks window. We joined the 10 days tour from China Express, and we were generally quite satisfied with the tour, however if you are seriously photographing you should take more time. I would recommend at least a full day in Xinduqiao for photography.
    Parts of the roads at the Yajiang area are under repair, due to a major landslide, and I think the road works may not be complete yet. From Xinduqiao to Daocheng was almost a 14 hour drive with stops only for lunch and toilet. About 40% from our tour suffered from some form altitude sickness especially at the Daocheng and Yading areas.

    My photos are at:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1023362...eat=directlink
    Can i ask whether is this China Express an agency in Malaysia ?
    Just shoot.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Hi...

    I just received emails from both current and ex - owner of SIMs Cozy that the western parts of SICHUAN - Yading inclusive, are closed to foreigners at the moment.. probably till end of April..

    Those intending to visit Ya Ding around this period, do take notes.

    Cheers

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Quote Originally Posted by litechaser View Post
    Can i ask whether is this China Express an agency in Malaysia ?
    China Express is an agency in Singapore, #04-35 Hong Lim Complex.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Quote Originally Posted by lestwe4get View Post
    For the autumn, the highlight is 稻城红草地
    but frankly I was quite disappointed with the 红草地, it was just a small patch and the actual colours aren't that red, I had to boost the colour contrast with ps.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Quote Originally Posted by lssan View Post
    but frankly I was quite disappointed with the 红草地, it was just a small patch and the actual colours aren't that red, I had to boost the colour contrast with ps.
    Yep, saw your photos (very nice) and I know what you mean. I went in May and so, did not have a chance to see it. Then again, I had seen friends' photos in print and they were indeed pretty.

    Sometimes it is not easy to catch the full richness of the fall colors, and also, it depends on the "lighting" as well.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Lighting is the key!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lestwe4get View Post
    .....
    Sometimes it is not easy to catch the full richness of the fall colors, and also, it depends on the "lighting" as well.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Quote Originally Posted by nuts View Post
    Lighting is the key!!
    ya, if arrive at destination at wrong time , esp with midday sun , the lighting will be too harsh...wasted the trip
    Just shoot.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Participate in the Chengdu local photography group are better than join our travel agencies package tours.
    there photography tours will not take you go any shopping, also don't need to tip the tour guides and drivers.

    You have to do is training of endurance and stay healthy, to prevent altitude sickness. Of course, the toilet and
    the bathroom is the most primitive kind, the food is also very rough, urban people might not be able to adapt to.

    Shooting the fall best is after 20 October. participated in there photography trip early October last year,
    many leaves have not yet turned into autumn colour. 稻城,亚丁 (20110930-1012) - a set on Flickr

    Enjoy and have a pleasant journey.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    There are some travel agents in Singapore that customised photography trip to China. Besides bringing you to the best locations for photo shoots, they WON'T bring you to shop and there is no need to tip the driver and guide. Of course if you find the driver and guide to be good and you want to give extra tips, by all means. For some locations, they may be able to arrange for a local photographer to bring you to the best location at the correct time for shooting or to share photography knowledge. And so far, the food that I get during these trip have been very tasty and good even when we asked them to put less salt and cooking oil. But bear in mind, the cost of such trip will not come cheap. The reason I did not use China local tour is if something goes wrong, there is no recourse for me.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Quote Originally Posted by albertsim View Post
    There are some travel agents in Singapore that customised photography trip to China. Besides bringing you to the best locations for photo shoots, they WON'T bring you to shop and there is no need to tip the driver and guide. Of course if you find the driver and guide to be good and you want to give extra tips, by all means. For some locations, they may be able to arrange for a local photographer to bring you to the best location at the correct time for shooting or to share photography knowledge. And so far, the food that I get during these trip have been very tasty and good even when we asked them to put less salt and cooking oil. But bear in mind, the cost of such trip will not come cheap. The reason I did not use China local tour is if something goes wrong, there is no recourse for me.
    hi,

    can u recommend some gd singapore tour agencies ?
    Just shoot.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Whether the agencies are good is very subjective. Anyway, I will PM you some of these agencies where they can do customised tours and you can experience for yourself if they are good or bad.

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Daocheng Yading (稻城亚丁)

    Quote Originally Posted by litechaser View Post
    ya, if arrive at destination at wrong time , esp with midday sun , the lighting will be too harsh...wasted the trip
    Yes, you are right. Actually i shot the hongcaodi late morning at about 9.30am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •