Thread: Current limiter in PD7X CompactDrive??

Default Current limiter in PD7X CompactDrive??

Hi everyone,

juz got myself a pd7x over the wkend.. and my ext batt charger was down.. so i wanted to use the charging capability of the compactdrive.

any idea whether there is a current limiter on this item, such that u can juz leave the rechargeabels w/o 'overcooking' them?

Btw, how long it takes for a fully charged 2500mah Sanyo set of 4 in them? any practical experience to share??

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sensx
    Hi everyone,

juz got myself a pd7x over the wkend.. and my ext batt charger was down.. so i wanted to use the charging capability of the compactdrive.

any idea whether there is a current limiter on this item, such that u can juz leave the rechargeabels w/o 'overcooking' them?

Btw, how long it takes for a fully charged 2500mah Sanyo set of 4 in them? any practical experience to share??

Thanks.
    Hi bro.

I feel that the charging on the PD7X takes forever. I tried leaving it to charge overnight, but I was not satisfied with the battery results.

I get better performance, when I charge the batteries with a dedicated charger. Hope this helps.