Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nearsight, farsight & estig, which to correct in contact lens when viewing viewfinder

Default Re: Nearsight, farsight & estig, which to correct in contact lens when viewing viewfi

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1987 View Post
    hi, you mention "near -2.25, astig -1.25 & far +1.25". do you mean presbyopia/addition of +1.25 or your final reading power is +1.25? this two HAVE a difference in terms of optical correction.

in this case i am assuming you meant the addition of +1.25:
    here's my thoughts:
    if u corrected for myopia -2.25 n astig -1.25, looking through viewfinder n walking around would be perfect. but when you decided to view your photos / adjust menus, you will face difficulty.
    if u corrected for near (addition of +1.25), you can set your viewfinder using the optical dial and viewing your photos/menus would be perfect. but when you start walking around, you will see things blurry which will potential danger if you drive!

If yours is this case, what u can do is to get a "monovision" which means to say your left eye to get a higher power(since u shoot with left eye) and right eye to get a lower power for your near task(only apply addition of +1.25).

if i assume you meant reading power of +1.25:
    if u corrected for myopia -2.25 n astig -1.25, looking through viewfinder n walking around would be perfect. but when you decided to view your photos / adjust menus, you will face difficulty.
    if u corrected for near (reading power of +1.25), you can set your viewfinder using the optical dial and viewing your photos/menus would be perfect. when looking far would be VERY blur, and it pose danger even to yourself when trying to walk down the stairs!

Dylan
    mine will be the later case, myopia of -2.25, astig of -1.25 & presbyopia of +1.25.

yup, i agreed without correction to myopia & astig it is very dangerous when walking on street. thus i need myopia & astig corrected lens more than presbyopia. thanks.

Yups getting lenses for your myopia n astig would be more appropriate, then just hang a reading glass around your neck to be use on top of lenses when you need to view images or change menu settings

Default Re: Nearsight, farsight & estig, which to correct in contact lens when viewing viewfi

If yours is this case, what u can do is to get a "monovision" which means to say your left eye to get a higher power(since u shoot with left eye) and right eye to get a lower power for your near task(only apply addition of +1.25).
    to your this suggestion, i have came arcoss a post on this. there was a debate on whether one can get use to it. a post mentioned he got use to it in 2days but there several others that claim difficulties in adjustment despite few occasion of trying it out. knowing my body is the more picky type , i have decided to hold this option and try others instead.

Yups getting lenses for your myopia n astig would be more appropriate, then just hang a reading glass around your neck to be use on top of lenses when you need to view images or change menu settings
    haha..your suggestion of hanging the reading glass will sure make me look a lot more like uncle

Glasses really bother me sometimes...good thread to read anyway!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12