Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *61* ONSLAUGHT!! TOP 4!!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *61* ONSLAUGHT!! TOP 4!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

eh, funny. bro rodz disappeared.

maybe he sacked himself...

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday
    I know. I am a defender like carragher but scores like fowler. Lol
    U mean own goals?

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree98

U mean own goals?
    Tat iS like LIM TONG HAI. Hahaha!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Dirk Kuyt's six-year association with Liverpool could come to an end in the summer

Curry Sauce!!!

Popular forward Dirk Kuyt could be the shock casualty of Liverpool’s squad revamp this summer.

By Chris Bascombe

10:00PM BST 04 Apr 2012

Kuyt’s former club, Feyenoord, are keen to re-sign their former striker, and Liverpool will not stand in his way if he wishes to end his six-year association with them.

Manager Kenny Dalglish and director of football Damien Comolli are determined to reduce the average age of the Liverpool squad and extend their numbers while retaining control of the wage bill.

That makes Kuyt, 31, alongside other senior players such as midfielder Maxi Rodríguez, vulnerable to an Anfield departure.

Liverpool have already decided left-back Fabio Aurelio will not be offered a new deal and is surplus to requirements.

They are already drawing up a list of younger players, with Feyenoord’s 17-year-old midfielder Tonny Trindade de Vilhena and Udinese’s left-sided utility player Pablo Armero, 25, being watched by Comolli.

Liverpool are also close to signing Crewe’s 16-year-old midfielder Dan Smith in a £400,000 deal, beating Manchester City to his signature.

For Kuyt, the decision to end his spell at Anfield a year before the end of his current deal would be an extremely difficult one.

He has made it known he still believes he has more to contribute at the highest level, and recently told Telegraph Sport that although he sees himself ending his career at Feyenoord — where he remains a hero – that was not in his immediate plans.

“I know I’m over 30 but I still feel physically very strong,” he said.

“I want to stay at the highest level for as long as possible, to get Liverpool back into the Champions League and to be part of the squad that plays in the competition.

"In the future, everyone knows Feyenoord is still a special place to me, but I am not thinking about anything but Liverpool now.”

Although the Rotterdam club have made no secret of their wish to take Kuyt back, it would require a significant cut in wages for that deal to happen this summer.

Feyenoord’s sporting director, Martin van Geel, recently suggested financial constraints meant an immediate move was “unrealistic”.

However, Liverpool’s willingness to listen to offers will certainly alert them and plenty of other clubs in Europe.

Fiorentina and Roma have also been monitoring Kuyt’s situation and his desire for European football would lead him to consider plentiful options.

For Liverpool to consider Kuyt’s departure comes as a surprise, given the lack of depth in their squad and greater congestion in their fixture list next season.

Firstly, with a year left, it is unlikely Liverpool would raise much in the way of a transfer fee given his age and length of contract.

On around £70,000 a week Kuyt is one of the squad’s top earners — he signed an extension last year – but expecting to replace a player of his pedigree at a low price would be highly ambitious.

Liverpool will also need a bigger squad due to their Europa League campaign, so offloading Kuyt would again seem risky given his experience.

The Dutch striker, signed for £11 million by Rafael Benítez in 2006, has been forced to readjust to being a squad player recently and was particularly disappointed to be left out of the Carling Cup final, when he came off the bench to score against Cardiff.

He is an extremely popular member of the squad due to his wholehearted style of play and knack of scoring in the biggest games.

His winner against Manchester United in the FA Cup was the most celebrated at Anfield this season and last year he struck a famous hat-trick against the champions.

He will be seeking clarification of where he will be fitting into Liverpool’s plans next season should he decide to see out the last 12 months of his deal.

Rodríguez’s exit will come as less of a surprise.

The Argentine has barely played all season, initially because he was overlooked for the new recruits and then because he has suffered numerous injuries.

Full-back Aurelio was surprisingly re-signed on a pay-as-you-play deal by Roy Hodgson in 2010 having been earlier released because of a chronic injury record. His bad luck with injuries has not been any better since.

Meanwhile, Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson are ready to give Liverpool a timely injury fillip before next week’s FA Cup semi-final with Everton at Wembley.

The duo hope to play in one of the next two Premier League games, either against Aston Villa on Saturday or at Blackburn Rovers next Tuesday.

The pair have been sorely missed in recent weeks as Liverpool have suffered six defeats in their last seven league games.

Agger, who was probably Liverpool’s player of the year before his recent absence, has been missing with a broken rib while Johnson suffered a calf injury after the Carling Cup final.

Andy Carroll – Four key points in support of Liverpool’s number 9

By Damian Toner On April 5, 2012 ·

curry sauce!!!

Damian Toner says confidence is the key to Andy Carroll making a success of his Liverpool career, and as fans we have a duty to help improve that confidence.

A lack of confidence will prevent a person taking risks and accepting challenges. Being under confident can instill a fear into someone to prevent them from going outside their comfort zone. They develop a fear of failure, will doubt themselves and their talent and ultimately will not suceed.

Mark Twain once said “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” this is a quote which I feel if Andy Carroll takes to heart will make him a more complete and better all round player it could even make him a player worth £35 million pounds… maybe. There is no doubting that Andy has quality however only 8 goals from 48 appearences this season doesn’t suggest this.

Andy Carroll, the 23 year old, 6’ 3” man mountain from Gateshead, hasnt had the best of starts to life as a Liverpool player, but one major factor which Andy has is that time is on his side, he is young and has bags of talent at his diposal. All he needs is to get back his self confidence and he could be a Kop favourite.

The big problem with Andy is his self confidence, his team mates and coaches must have confidence in him but the most confidence must come from the supporters. In recent matches I have noticed a prevailing trend that it only takes one small mistake from Andy, a wide, a misplaced pass or a bad first touch for the support to start getting on his back, this to me is totally the wrong approach, for Andy to start firing he must feel the full support and encouragement from the fans.

Cast your mind back to our former number 9 when the spaniard was banging in the goals they were adjulated by the Liverpool fans even when he made mistakes the the fans would encourage with phrases like… “hard luck”, “head up Nando”, “keep it going” etc but remember towards the end of his days at Liverpool things were not going so well.. no one complained hes was encouraged and was willed on to play well, something which he must have felt protruding from the supporters. A similar approach to Andy Carrolls performances should be adopted. There are several reasons why Andy should be encouraged throughout each game.

Reason 1. He actually wants to be here.

In contrast to the afore mentioned Spaniard who sulked his way through his final season at Anfield, Andy wants to play for us and puts himself about for the team and not for himself. This is something that must be admired, as we all know that no one is bigger than the club and the fact that Andy is here and working hard everyday should earn the respect of the supporters.

Reason 2. He has the talent

Last Season he scored 13 Goals in 23 Games for both Newcastle and Liverpool (11 Goals for Newcastle 2 goals for Liverpool) This is a great return from a 22 year old striker in the top flight of English football who also missed a large part of the season when he first arrived at Liverpool due to injury. Also winning England caps and scoring at Internatioanl level proves that Andy is a top quailty player.

Reason 3. His Age

People seem to forget that Andy is still only 23. At this age doubts could start to creep in especially if every mistake however big or small he makes is highligted and given as a reason why he is “not a liverpool player” which is a phrase I have heard from many Liverpool fans bemoaning the fact that in their opinion he is not of a standard befitting of the clubs history. This is also a phrase I heard used time after time to describe a certain Lucas Leiva who went on to be one of the best defensive midfielders in the English Premier League.

Reason 4. His price tag.

The circumstances surrounding the £35 million pound acquisition of Andy Carroll were extraordinary, nevertheless £35 million pounds was spend on the best English prospect available. A statment of intend from a club ready to bring success back to the Anfield trophy room. The fact that someone would spend this type of money on you should instill you with confidence… right?… wrong… it has the opposite effect. When the dust settles on such a big move that confidence subsides and is replaced by pressure, a pressure that would be extremely hard to deal with for such a young man with the media scrutinising his movement, goal scoring, his attitude… everything down to even his body language. What this man needs is to feel wanted by the club and its supporters, he needs to feel that the fans that watch him every week dont care how much the club paid for him but only care that he is trying hard for the club, wants to be there, and want to see him doing well week in week out. If this happens in time things will click into place and the goals and performances will come.

To conclude, Liverpool as a club with all its history and success prides itself on its great support so why do they not prove this reputation where Andy Carroll is concerned. Get behind him cheer him on the good days but more importantly on the bad. I have no doubt through fans support alone Andy could be an Anfield great, he has all the attributes and tools to succeed.. he just needs the confidence of the club, players and most importantly the Liverpool fans. Through our support Andy can succeed in his Liverpool career, he can gain the correct amount ignorance and confidence and fulfill the promise of his early potential.

We must not let Andy walk alone.

Former Liverpool FC star Ray Houghton says there is no crisis at Anfield as LFC prepare to face troubled Aston

Read More Former Liverpool FC star Ray Houghton says there is no crisis at Anfield as LFC prepare to face troubled Aston Villa - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

THE term ‘crisis club’ has certainly been doing the rounds in this season’s Premier League.

First it was Arsenal, for whom obituaries were written in the wake of a sluggish start to the campaign. Arsene Wenger’s past glories were never likely to calm the vultures while Manchester United were busy smashing eight goals past his side.

Then there was Blackburn, where supporter dissent towards manager Steve Kean reached new levels of vitriol throughout a surreal autumn, and Sunderland, whose poor form saw Steve Bruce sacked as manager before he could unwrap his Christmas presents.

Chelsea had a go, too. Andre Villas-Boas had been built up so high, it was inevitable he would come crashing down once results started to go against him.

Now, the wheel has stopped on Liverpool.

It shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise to see the Reds in the firing line. February’s Carling Cup win brought a welcome end to six years’ worth of trophy drought, but in the league the negative statistics are piling up.

Liverpool currently sit below neighbours Everton, their recent run of six defeats in seven league games is the club’s worst sequence for 59 years, while they have won just five of 15 home league games, and managed to drop significant points to four of the bottom five clubs over the past four months.

But there is always somebody worse off than yourself, and on Saturday Kenny Dalglish’s side run into another of the Premier League’s under-fire sides, as Aston Villa visit Anfield.

Villa’s ‘crisis’ is far more conspicuous; Alex McLeish’s men are just five points above the relegation zone, having won just two of their last 11 league games. Only Wigan Athletic, in 19th, have managed fewer league goals.

Ray Houghton knows a thing or two about both clubs. The former Republic of Ireland international spent five highly-successful seasons with Liverpool after signing from Oxford United in 1987, before moving on to enjoy three years at Villa as the Premier League era dawned.

Now a respected television and radio pundit, he has watched the struggles of two of his former clubs at close quarters in recent weeks.

Not that he would describe either as being at crisis level just yet.

“You go through spells like this in football,” says Houghton. “When you’re winning, everybody loves you, and when you’re not you get stick.

“Football coverage is blanket now. The internet is a constant, you have television, rolling news, radio phone-ins. Fans, pundits, people like myself, we all have our points of view, and there are plenty of places to air them. That is just part and parcel of modern football.

“I’m not surprised at the criticism that has been coming Kenny’s way of late. And he won’t be either. As manager of Liverpool, your job is to win games. If you aren’t, then stick will inevitably come.”

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    maybe he sacked himself...
    he auditioning for chelski..
    (see, im not a clone)

We must not let Andy walk alone.
    im sorry, but he's down there along with heskey and diouf ..
    he's gotta be scoring (or at least getting shots/headers on target) or making goals, not making himself useful only as a decoy..
    or defending corners (which havent been gd recently too)

sorry too to hear abt the potential devaluation of ur warchest of kitie gees, cc..

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    he auditioning for chelski..
    (see, im not a clone)

im sorry, but he's down there along with heskey and diouf ..
    he's gotta be scoring (or at least getting shots/headers on target) or making goals, not making himself useful only as a decoy..
    or defending corners (which havent been gd recently too)

sorry too to hear abt the potential devaluation of ur warchest of kitie gees, cc..
    hahahahahaha i'm neutral towards andy. u can keep andy's g-strings though.

it would be good if we can recoup some of the $$ splashed out on him.

kuyt should stay....he's a gd player and is still not that old at 31.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    kuyt should stay....he's a gd player and is still not that old at 31.
    hopefully we can get a proper right winger once he left us. hurhurhur

hopefully we can get a proper right winger once he left us. hurhurhur
    you have anyone in mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    you have anyone in mind ?
    have oso no use.

who want to come to LFC?!?! sadness!

Let's Get Ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

List of Hat-Trick Hero/es for this season:

1). WongLP --- 11/1/12 manSipTea vs. LFC (League Cup Semi Final 1st leg), 1-0 Victory with Stevie G scoring.

League Table!

1). Airfins 31pts ----> RUNNING AWAY!!!
    2). ahyooo 28pts ---> how the mighty has fallen! kekekeke >< The Fallen shall rise again >< --> watch too much transformers! :P
    3). Cheesecake 21pts ---> let's aim for top 6!~~
    4). bro rodz 17pts ---> Raf999 in disguise!!
    5). fotoudavid 15pts ---> Aiming to take the 4th spot from bro rodz!!!
    6). Grumpy 13pts
    7). wonglp 12pts
    8). zaren 12pts
    9). shunzi 9pts
    10). blazer_workz 9pts
    11). sunnyday 8pts
    12). Actor13 6pts
    13). Koplady11 6pts
    14). Canew 7pts
    15). Taurean 5pts
    16). roadrunner 1pt ----> disappeared!
    17). nemesis32 1pt ----> disappeared!

7/4/2012 Saturday 1400 GMT.
    LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! vs. aston villa

Anfield.

Will we finally win a game?!

1). 7-0 LFC WINS!!! (Suarez, Carroll) CC

Help me puy 1-0 can? Carroll

have oso no use.

who want to come to LFC?!?! sadness!
    we would like to know whose gstring is going into cc's warchest next..

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    we would like to know whose gstring is going into cc's warchest next..
    i would look at Fiona Xie now. wahahahahaha

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

1). WongLP --- 11/1/12 manSipTea vs. LFC (League Cup Semi Final 1st leg), 1-0 Victory with Stevie G scoring.

League Table!

2). ahyooo 28pts ---> how the mighty has fallen! kekekeke >< The Fallen shall rise again >< --> watch too much transformers! :P
    6). Grumpy 13pts
    7). wonglp 12pts
    8). zaren 12pts
    9). shunzi 9pts
    10). blazer_workz 9pts
    11). sunnyday 8pts
    12). Actor13 6pts
    13). Koplady11 6pts
    14). Canew 7pts
    15). Taurean 5pts

Anfield.

2). 1-0 LFC WINS!!! (Carroll) Sunnyday

League Table!

6). Grumpy 13pts
    7). wonglp 12pts
    8). zaren 12pts
    9). shunzi 9pts
    10). blazer_workz 9pts
    11). sunnyday 8pts
    12). Actor13 6pts
    13). Koplady11 6pts
    14). Canew 7pts
    15). Taurean 5pts

Anfield.

3) 1-0 LFC win! (suarez) zaren

League Table!

6). Grumpy 13pts
    7). wonglp 12pts
    8). zaren 12pts
    9). shunzi 9pts
    10). blazer_workz 9pts
    11). sunnyday 8pts
    12). Actor13 6pts
    13). Koplady11 6pts
    14). Canew 7pts
    15). Taurean 5pts

Anfield.

3). 1-0 LFC win! (suarez) zaren
    4). 2-0 LFC wins!! (kuyt, kuyt) fotoudavid
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

How? 1 down at Anfield.