Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *61* ONSLAUGHT!! TOP 4!!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *61* ONSLAUGHT!! TOP 4!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    bad luck....

Defiant Dalglish won't give up on top-four bid

Sunderland: Kenny Dalglish refused to give up on Liverpool's hopes of qualifying for the Champions League despite missing out on an opportunity to close the gap on the Premier League's top four.

Danish international Nicklas Bendtner's fortuitous 56th minute winner at the Stadium of Light was enough to lift Sunderland up to eighth and within two points of Liverpool, who lost a third consecutive league game for the first time in eight-and-a-half years.

Dalglish's side are 10 points from fourth place and the gap will become 13 if Arsenal overcome Newcastle at the Emirates on Monday.

Liverpool, who play Everton on Tuesday, have just 11 matches remaining to bridge the gap, but a defiant Dalglish is not prepared to write off the Champions League just yet.

"It's up to us to keep going, and keep our mouths shut," said Dalglish. "As I've said all season, we see how many points we have collected by the end of the campaign, and see where that takes us.

"We'll play all our matches and see where we are. We'd prefer to have taken more points at home.

"If we were to get into the top four, it would be fantastic, just as it was winning the League Cup and being in the sixth round of the FA Cup."

Dalglish could count himself unlucky that Liverpool lost a lacklustre clash featuring just a few half chances at either end.

It was no surprise that the goal which separated the two was lucky - even if there was no sign of the beach ball which helped Sunderland to a 1-0 win over Liverpool in October 2009 thanks to Darren Bent's never-to-be forgotten effort.

Fraizer Campbell's shot from 20 yards hit the foot of the post, rebounded off goalkeeper Jose Reina before hitting the post again and falling invitingly for on-loan Arsenal forward Bendtner to turn in.

Dalglish added: "There wasn't much in the game, it was decided by a bit of luck, that was the difference between a draw and a defeat. I thought we matched them."

Sunderland, who have an FA Cup quarter-final at Everton next Saturday to concentrate on, climbed back into the top half courtesy of an 11th win of Martin O'Neill's 18-game reign.

It was a victory made more special by the fact that they delivered it without the suspended Lee Cattermole and Stephane Sessegnon after the pair were red carded against Newcastle six days earlier.

O'Neill, who will keep an eye on the twisted knee sustained by Bendtner in the second half, said: "In a game of very few chances, it was largely forgettable. With the changes we've had to make we couldn't really ask for much more from the players.

"I thought the keeper had saved it initially but I was delighted Nicklas was on hand to put in the rebound.

"The game was always in the balance. I'm pleased with him and it will give him a boost of confidence, but he's one player who doesn't need that."

think he shud jus keep quiet.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    bad luck....

Sunderland: Kenny Dalglish refused to give up on Liverpool's hopes of qualifying for the Champions League despite missing out on an opportunity to close the gap on the Premier League's top four.

Danish international Nicklas Bendtner's fortuitous 56th minute winner at the Stadium of Light was enough to lift Sunderland up to eighth and within two points of Liverpool, who lost a third consecutive league game for the first time in eight-and-a-half years.

Dalglish's side are 10 points from fourth place and the gap will become 13 if Arsenal overcome Newcastle at the Emirates on Monday.

Liverpool, who play Everton on Tuesday, have just 11 matches remaining to bridge the gap, but a defiant Dalglish is not prepared to write off the Champions League just yet.

"It's up to us to keep going, and keep our mouths shut," said Dalglish. "As I've said all season, we see how many points we have collected by the end of the campaign, and see where that takes us.

"We'll play all our matches and see where we are. We'd prefer to have taken more points at home.

"If we were to get into the top four, it would be fantastic, just as it was winning the League Cup and being in the sixth round of the FA Cup."

Dalglish could count himself unlucky that Liverpool lost a lacklustre clash featuring just a few half chances at either end.

It was no surprise that the goal which separated the two was lucky - even if there was no sign of the beach ball which helped Sunderland to a 1-0 win over Liverpool in October 2009 thanks to Darren Bent's never-to-be forgotten effort.

Fraizer Campbell's shot from 20 yards hit the foot of the post, rebounded off goalkeeper Jose Reina before hitting the post again and falling invitingly for on-loan Arsenal forward Bendtner to turn in.

Dalglish added: "There wasn't much in the game, it was decided by a bit of luck, that was the difference between a draw and a defeat. I thought we matched them."

Sunderland, who have an FA Cup quarter-final at Everton next Saturday to concentrate on, climbed back into the top half courtesy of an 11th win of Martin O'Neill's 18-game reign.

It was a victory made more special by the fact that they delivered it without the suspended Lee Cattermole and Stephane Sessegnon after the pair were red carded against Newcastle six days earlier.

O'Neill, who will keep an eye on the twisted knee sustained by Bendtner in the second half, said: "In a game of very few chances, it was largely forgettable. With the changes we've had to make we couldn't really ask for much more from the players.

"I thought the keeper had saved it initially but I was delighted Nicklas was on hand to put in the rebound.

"The game was always in the balance. I'm pleased with him and it will give him a boost of confidence, but he's one player who doesn't need that."
    sounds like another rafa999 to me leh

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    sounds like another rafa999 to me leh
    all managers inevitably become raf999-ish after some success.

this season can forget abt top 4.

just hope to get to at least top 8.

and keep the faith with kenny dalglish, although there isn't much left to begin with.

we can only hope for a good cup run now. hopefully, lifting the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    bad luck....

KD said we match them! WTF...match sunderland? Our standard & target has definitely drop! Can we drop KD as well?!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz

KD said we match them! WTF...match sunderland? Our standard & target has definitely drop! Can we drop KD as well?!
    How the great has fallen!

I wanna switch team already................

i switch to junior liverpool team.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Junior Liverpool team got which star player?????

Hotspurs also buang
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid
    Junior Liverpool team got which star player?????

Hotspurs also buang
    Harry cant concentrate on spurs liao..his mind already on england..pity we didnt take advantage of any slips from the top teams..now we can safely say that LFC is a midtable team..so sad..

Oh NO !!! Man shitty is going to BUANG big time !!!! Against Swanzzzie !!! KNN Man united gang bang got another Penalty back to back !!! kelong !!! Confirm kelong if they win the return match away in UEFA cup with a last min Penalty life line thrown to them !!!!
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins
    Oh NO !!! Man shitty is going to BUANG big time !!!! Against Swanzzzie !!! KNN Man united gang bang got another Penalty back to back !!! kelong !!! Confirm kelong if they win the return match away in UEFA cup with a last min Penalty life line thrown to them !!!!
    I dont care which other teams win or lose liao..LFC better improve..even manure, whose team look very ordinary can win games easily..something is surely wrong with LFC players mentality..

Interesting league with 11 games to go.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

seems likely that manCircle utd clowns are in the pole position to lift the title.

and probably it is time to assess our own lousy midfield.

charlie adam is losing his steam and form like nobody's business.
    jordan henderson is as lousy as it can be.
    steward downing is a bad signing.
    jay spearing is not good enough.

out of the 4 midfielders, i think only charlie adam can keep but mux whack him jiaklat in training.

andy carroll needs to start playing more regularly. i do not know why kenny dalglish do not want to start him more regularly.
    he is hitting form lately.

think the players cannot be inspired by kenny dalglish liao. it is time.

Transfer talk
    Suarez open to PSG move
    March 11, 2012

curry sauce!!!

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Rumours of a switch to Paris Saint Germain for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez are sure to grow after the player told Canal+ he would be open to such a move.

Suarez has endured a stormy 12 months in the Premier League, scoring 10 goals in 32 appearances and being affected by disciplinary problems - the worst of which was an eight-game ban for the use of racially offensive language towards Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

Last week, PSG indicated they would make a move for the Uruguay international in the summer, though Reds boss Kenny Dalglish insisted there was no chance he would be sold. But now the player has suggested he is willing to move to the big spending Ligue 1 leaders the situation could change.

Diego Lugano, captain of Uruguay and a staunch supporter of Suarez during the racism row, is at PSG and Suarez said he would "love" to play alongside him at club level.

Suarez said: "Yes, I could come to Paris, like lots of other clubs. There are lots of big clubs with such a reputation who want to build a strong team and Paris are one of these teams who buy to strengthen their side.

"I would love to play at the same club as him (Lugano)"

this type of player, dun keep better. sell him for a neat profit.

heart not here liao, keep for what?!

kenny dalglish bodoh one. his good name dragged across the mud liao trying to 'protect' him.
    see la? the dog has turned around and bit him. orbi-goot!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    seems likely that manCircle utd clowns are in the pole position to lift the title.

and probably it is time to assess our own lousy midfield.

charlie adam is losing his steam and form like nobody's business.
    jordan henderson is as lousy as it can be.
    steward downing is a bad signing.
    jay spearing is not good enough.

out of the 4 midfielders, i think only charlie adam can keep but mux whack him jiaklat in training.

andy carroll needs to start playing more regularly. i do not know why kenny dalglish do not want to start him more regularly.
    he is hitting form lately.

think the players cannot be inspired by kenny dalglish liao. it is time.
    Non of the new signings are good enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    Transfer talk
    Suarez open to PSG move
    March 11, 2012

curry sauce!!!

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Rumours of a switch to Paris Saint Germain for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez are sure to grow after the player told Canal+ he would be open to such a move.

Suarez has endured a stormy 12 months in the Premier League, scoring 10 goals in 32 appearances and being affected by disciplinary problems - the worst of which was an eight-game ban for the use of racially offensive language towards Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

Last week, PSG indicated they would make a move for the Uruguay international in the summer, though Reds boss Kenny Dalglish insisted there was no chance he would be sold. But now the player has suggested he is willing to move to the big spending Ligue 1 leaders the situation could change.

Diego Lugano, captain of Uruguay and a staunch supporter of Suarez during the racism row, is at PSG and Suarez said he would "love" to play alongside him at club level.

Suarez said: "Yes, I could come to Paris, like lots of other clubs. There are lots of big clubs with such a reputation who want to build a strong team and Paris are one of these teams who buy to strengthen their side.

"I would love to play at the same club as him (Lugano)"

this type of player, dun keep better. sell him for a neat profit.

heart not here liao, keep for what?!

kenny dalglish bodoh one. his good name dragged across the mud liao trying to 'protect' him.
    see la? the dog has turned around and bit him. orbi-goot!
    £50million or more then can talk..every player has a price..

LFC buanged + nice weather to sleep but yet need to work = super Monday Blues ZZZzzz

Rite. We r willing to sell provided the rite bid comes in. Kekeke

Moody rainy monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    this season can forget abt top 4.

just hope to get to at least top 8.

and keep the faith with kenny dalglish, although there isn't much left to begin with.

we can only hope for a good cup run now. hopefully, lifting the FA Cup.

I already said before, we kena jinxed by the title of this thread!

The title is okay lah............. but good to change it to "we will survive"!!! LOL.................
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Paiseh, i go change ltr today!

Suggestions for new thread title please.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast