Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best price for *ist DS?

i saw a shop in peninsular carrying it. its the innermost shop on the row opp CP.
    i ask for a quote and the auntie there said its 1460 for the kit.(18-35)(not sure abt GST)
    tats w/o bargaining. so u can go try.
    sounds really cheap. i bought my body for 1499!! $#@$#!@!

Quote Originally Posted by tiong78
    i saw a shop in peninsular carrying it. its the innermost shop on the row opp CP.
    i ask for a quote and the auntie there said its 1460 for the kit.(18-35)(not sure abt GST)
    tats w/o bargaining. so u can go try.
    sounds really cheap. i bought my body for 1499!! $#@$#!@!
    Fwah, indeed that's cheap. Its the same price that I paid for in HK! But the kit lens is different though, mine came with an 18-55.

Does anybody know if the DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 is available in Singapore? It seems that the kit lens here is the FAJ 18-35mm f4-5.6 instead.

Hi Heretix, so are u saying that the shop is not bundling the cam with the normal kit lenses?

Tiong, do they allow installments without creditcard? I know courts allows non-creditcard installments but i dun think they have the DS. Any other big chain electronic stores sell the DS?

im not sure.. i din ask into details for the set... since i wasnt really gg to buy that, no pt ask too much...u could probably ask e shop asistant there...

Quote Originally Posted by ungku
    Hi Heretix, so are u saying that the shop is not bundling the cam with the normal kit lenses?
    Kinda hard to say, since I have no idea what the local packages are. But in HK, the kit lens is 18 - 55.

Thanks guys...will be scouting out this weekend. Any other shops u wanna mention that i shud check out? My main priority is the non-cc installment plan like what court has.

Just have a e-quote with MSColor for Pentax istDS body - S$1200 without lens kits, S$1450 with 18-35mm lens kit, price exclude GST. But they don't have ready stock, need to pre-order.

Checked with Cathay earlier, they bundle with 18-35mm len kti, seems like SG here going cheapo, instead of the standard DA 18-55mm len kit. Somemore the cost for the kit is much higher (i.e. S$250) as compared to US cost additional US$100 for 18-55mm.

Any one manage to get a 18-55mm len kit in SG? Also any one try a good compatible zoom lens with this unit? i.e. Sigma 18-125mm

Quote Originally Posted by dlcliang
    Just have a e-quote with MSColor for Pentax istDS body - S$1200 without lens kits, S$1450 with 18-35mm lens kit, price exclude GST. But they don't have ready stock, need to pre-order.
    If I == you, I would go for the $1200 package. That is indeed very cheap IMHO. Use that extra $$$ to get a decent zoom lens (or get some old M prime lenses for cheap off eBay).

My 2 cents anyway.

You can try Bally Photo Electronics at Sim Lim Square, 2nd floor. They sell istDs body only - S$1250 w/o GST.

Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12