Thread: some abstracts

Default some abstracts

Hi ..here are 2 abstracts... taken on D7D ,50mm f1.4 lens...
    some comments pls.... newbie in tis area..

A)

B)
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Did you PS to make it more blur on the 2nd photo? The blurring effect look abit unnatural to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sif
    Did you PS to make it more blur on the 2nd photo? The blurring effect look abit unnatural to me.
    Hi, sif

mm..no lah.. , i did not do any PS to the two pics.. left them as they are...

I was using a 50mm f1.4 ...spot metering on the cap... and just snap with it..
    It gave me a very good DOF from the way i see it...it was a simple shot, but i fell it was kinda diff from the rest of my pics...

Still learning how to shoot with a DIGI anyway...
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

hahah think the problem is that it's toOOoo blur
    if look carefully, the graduation of 'blur-bess' is there, just that the FOV is super narrow, bluring out quickly into a non-descrete 'mess'...

Some times I find the bokeh of the 50 f1.4 too 'powerful'

Maybe Geno should stop down a little and try the stretch the entire 'blur-ness' along the foreground, providing some kind of lead in to the subject... think it'll be better, instead of having the large extend of oof foreground distracting the attention.
    Last edited by Flare; 13th December 2004 at 03:34 AM.

the DOF of a reversed 50mm 1.8 is even narrower.. roughly about 3mm dof only.
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    the DOF of a reversed 50mm 1.8 is even narrower.. roughly about 3mm dof only.

Well, in the proper hands, it'll do amazing stuff...

Well, mine are not the right ones tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Flare
    hahah think the problem is that it's toOOoo blur
    if look carefully, the graduation of 'blur-bess' is there, just that the FOV is super narrow, bluring out quickly into a non-descrete 'mess'...

Some times I find the bokeh of the 50 f1.4 too 'powerful'

Maybe Geno should stop down a little and try the stretch the entire 'blur-ness' along the foreground, providing some kind of lead in to the subject... think it'll be better, instead of having the large extend of oof foreground distracting the attention.
    thanks... will have that in mind..

long time no see ,Flare, how are u?

Wow I dunno such a len can do it this way. Anyway I am very new to photography I can only comment on what I see not on what you use

I think if the blurring effect is lighter the DOF will be somehow very pleasing to look at.

Wow I dunno such a len can do it this way. Anyway I am very new to photography I can only comment on what I see not on what you use

I think if the blurring effect is lighter the DOF will be somehow very pleasing to look at.
    Me learning too... thats why i try it out on a small object...bluring the rest...