Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends see me as camera rental

Default Friends see me as camera rental

Ever have ignorant friends who overrate a dslr and want to borrow it from you? How do you turn them down nicely? Ask them pay camera rental rate, lol... Those people ah...

Default Re: Friends see me as camera rental

I SAY NO. all the time. they want, they buy.

i don't trust anyone to handle my gears unless i'm around.

but if it's your GF... you better pass it to her if she wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prajna View Post
    Ever have ignorant friends who overrate a dslr and want to borrow it from you? How do you turn them down nicely? Ask them pay camera rental rate, lol... Those people ah...
    Just say no?

The only thing I let out on loan is my compact camera, main shooting cams are all not for loan

tell them u wanna loan their wife/gf for a long as they want to loan your cam. fair trade off.

Just tell them u need to use it everyday, if they really need one, intro them to camera rental shop
    It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB

If your friends want to borrow your laptop, your bag, your dog, your cat, your wallet, your life savings... What do you say?

Just say no, no need to feel any pressure to explain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    tell them u wanna loan their wife/gf for as long as they want to loan your cam. fair trade off.
    double ditto .... lolz
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

You assume their wife/gf is like Adriana Lima one ah? If not then you are screwed.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    tell them u wanna loan their wife/gf for a long as they want to loan your cam. fair trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    You assume their wife/gf is like Adriana Lima one ah? If not then you are screwed.. LOL
    u are missing the point.

you will loan your wife/gf or not in the first place or not?

Ask yourself this question.

If they lost it or damage it. Are they going to pay for it ?
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Point them to the right direction. http://sg.camerarental.biz/
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Everybody is ignorant. Except that they are ignorant about different things.

Your friends think highly of you.

Never ask them to pay camera rental rate. You should not turn them down. One of these days, much later in life - one of the people who borrow the camera from you may be in a position to do you a big favour; or determine something that affects you greatly. I'm not kidding. Don't be so money grubbing and calculative. It pays rich dividends to be slightly generous.

Just intro the camera rental stores to them. But of course if your camera is like your wife then better don't lend.

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    free advertising. But i must say their one of the bes rentals in SG

Once in awhile..thread about this issue will surface.
    my answer is still the same..
    I will not lend anyone..Even if im present.. handing it over to another person can be a uncomfortable experiences for me already. Unless its my other half..no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex

Everybody is ignorant. Except that they are ignorant about different things.

Your friends think highly of you.

Never ask them to pay camera rental rate. You should not turn them down. One of these days, much later in life - one of the people who borrow the camera from you may be in a position to do you a big favour; or determine something that affects you greatly. I'm not kidding. Don't be so money grubbing and calculative. It pays rich dividends to be slightly generous.
    Thats a very nice point, the thing is, its very very hard to part with your hobby equipment. They may not see it as precious stuff. I mean when i use it, i dont treat it like gems, i put it on the floor, play with burst mode. But i just cant imagine how my friend will do it. Need to find a nicer way to reject them. I said: errrr.... I need to use it tmr... But i think again, i dont wanna lie, its my hobby, its my "life", not bcs its expensive or scared damaged. Its like u lending your gf to another guy (not a nice example, smth like that). Friends or camera? I will say camera, lol

Friends see me as camera rental.
    Friends see you as what you want them to see you.

like someone mentioned... it surfaces about 3 times a year?

to me, i won't lend the camera if i know the guy or girl isn't responsible.

anything you lend to a friend, if not handled well, can even break the friendship.

if you don't trust the person, don't lend. if it's someone who takes care of his/her gear, and takes care of what people loan him/her, then i don't see why not

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    like someone mentioned... it surfaces about 3 times a year?

to me, i won't lend the camera if i know the guy or girl isn't responsible.

anything you lend to a friend, if not handled well, can even break the friendship.

if you don't trust the person, don't lend. if it's someone who takes care of his/her gear, and takes care of what people loan him/her, then i don't see why not
    Of course i have a photographer friend that really care about his camera's cleanliness n stuff. He dont even dare to handle other people's camera.

If your friend returns your camera in condition that u think is improper, how are u going to blame your friend and ask for replacement?

A friend asked me to lend him my dslr cos he wanted to shoot airshow. I asked him why need dslr? He say shoots nicer picture *facepalm*. The more i dont want to lend him. My all rounder lens is also L lens... My god... Feel like knocking his head with my 70-200... I really got speechless over his phone call, lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast