Thread: Tamron 90mm macro funny sound

Default Tamron 90mm macro funny sound

hi guys i recently got a 2nd hand tamron 90mm macro from bns and it works great but my only concern is i shook it once (left and right) and there was a sound as in something is fallen apart (or like sand) inside the lens so i did it few more times and the sound is still there. anyone of you encounted this problem? Mine still under warranty though

thanks for the reply

Default Re: Tamron 90mm macro funny sound

Quote Originally Posted by nicorn View Post
    hi guys i recently got a 2nd hand tamron 90mm macro from bns and it works great but my only concern is i shook it once (left and right) and there was a sound as in something is fallen apart (or like sand) inside the lens so i did it few more times and the sound is still there. anyone of you encounted this problem? Mine still under warranty though

thanks for the reply
    Since it's still under warranty then why not bring it down to the service center and they can fix it for you. Might be lose parts in it, any issues with focusing or when turning the barrel?
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Don't bother to bring it down, mine has the same prob and I'd posted the same question as yours few weeks ago in this forum as well.

I did brought mine down to Tamron Service Centre, technician took it back and 5 days later told me its normal as the sound is from the ball bearings in the lens. Google and you'll find most people have the same 'rattling' sound on their 90mm too. Just make sure the auto focus is working properly.

Dont understand..why would you shake it in the very first place..
    Not only Tamron 90mm..Some OEM lenses are like that too..and its normal. Shake somemore and there will really be a problem. Of cos to ease your mind..you can always bring it down for a check.....