Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

  1. #21
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Hi Chngpe thks for your corrections and commments. But I never pinpointed Jonathan to be the staff with "bad manager attitude"... Infact I never said it was the service manager in my original post.

    To clarify once more it was a female senior staff/manager who left a bad taste in my mouth during one of my lens CPU death saga.
    It is better to be clear in your first post, you did say "bad manager attitude" at first, and Chngpe already made it clear to you that there is only one service manager and his name is Jonathan. You now claim, she is a "female senior staff/manager", and the problem is, the only manager in Nikon Service is Jonathan. If you really want to clarify, please be clear and state the name of the people you found to be rude in your dealings, and not throw out vague statements out, and now try to turn here and there when challenged with the facts.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,644

    Default

    Jonathan was very obliging to me. I had a problematic 24-70 f/2.8 which was replaced by NSC. Once he got the replacement in, he checked both copies personally and passed me the better one. Nothing beats that.

  3. #23

    Default

    You can't really compare the pricing between brands on servicing charges, as some CS member stated, Nikon hot shoes are harder to remove thus more expensive don't you agree?

    A newbie photographer can charged as low as $50 for a wedding event but that doesn't mean his work is excellent, like wise a photographer I know charged wedding for as much as $2k or even more but those who engage his service know his dedication and his work well

    If everyone begin to compare brands in terms of equipment, pricing etc.. There will be no end to it, so I suggest just claim down and talk to Jonathan nicely about it, I know of 1 female staff whose face always "black" so I try to avoid her if I could, you could also approach the Malay uncle at there, he is very patient and helpful

  4. #24

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Hi all...

    Just to share with all that me & a friend had our D700 hotshoes changed at nikon service centre due to contact problem. It was probably end of last year.

    Upon receiving the cameras, It seemed like the right-side of both hotshoe was abrased. The finishing of the hot-shoe was visibly more matte and less shiny than the usual hotshoes i've encountered with nikon bodies. Upon questioning I was told that all the replacement hotshoes at NSC were of the same quality.

    Recently, my friend's hotshoe started to rust. Fortunately not yet for me. Another bad experience leaves me in particular bad taste... nikon service centre singapore seems to be more than expensive fees, bad manager attitude & extremely long and arduous service times... would like to add that it took them 10 days to change a hot-shoe & 12 days to calibrate a body.

    Normal Hot-shoe



    Replacement Hot-shoe




    Do note that both these images were taken at the exact same settings and flash-subject position. The matte metal is far more matte & less reflective compared to the original shoe. Notice also the rusting that should not happen to hot-shoes. Suspect that the replacement hot-shoe is just plated steel.

    Need suggestions from you bros what I should consider doing... I am very sick and tired of NSC problems. Understand that there are those who will ask me to jumpship and stop flaming nikon. I am a serious & sincere nikon user who hopes that we have less of these service issues and a better shooting/user experience.
    did you ask what your friend did to the camera first? could be due to his poor handling?

  5. #25

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Hi all...

    Just to share with all that me & a friend had our D700 hotshoes changed at nikon service centre due to contact problem. It was probably end of last year.

    Upon receiving the cameras, It seemed like the right-side of both hotshoe was abrased. The finishing of the hot-shoe was visibly more matte and less shiny than the usual hotshoes i've encountered with nikon bodies. Upon questioning I was told that all the replacement hotshoes at NSC were of the same quality.

    Recently, my friend's hotshoe started to rust. Fortunately not yet for me. Another bad experience leaves me in particular bad taste... nikon service centre singapore seems to be more than expensive fees, bad manager attitude & extremely long and arduous service times... would like to add that it took them 10 days to change a hot-shoe & 12 days to calibrate a body.


    Do note that both these images were taken at the exact same settings and flash-subject position. The matte metal is far more matte & less reflective compared to the original shoe. Notice also the rusting that should not happen to hot-shoes. Suspect that the replacement hot-shoe is just plated steel.

    Need suggestions from you bros what I should consider doing... I am very sick and tired of NSC problems. Understand that there are those who will ask me to jumpship and stop flaming nikon. I am a serious & sincere nikon user who hopes that we have less of these service issues and a better shooting/user experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    The camera i'm currently selling in BnS is mine does not have a rusted hotshoe. As said in this thread, that camera with a rusted hotshoe is my friend's, which I often rent from him to shoot weddings.

    You really sounds like roti prata, flipping your words here and there. You claims that both sets of D700's hotshoes were changed at the same time and now only YOUR friend's set is rusting. Doesn't sounds like a batch problem at all.

    Seems like you are getting more anal about Nikon's equipment, NSC, price etc and but at the same time flashing what D3x, D3s bodies you have.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Jonathan was very obliging to me. I had a problematic 24-70 f/2.8 which was replaced by NSC. Once he got the replacement in, he checked both copies personally and passed me the better one. Nothing beats that.
    I wonder will he do the same to my D70 kit lens, 18-70mm??

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by strikeback4 View Post
    You can't really compare the pricing between brands on servicing charges, as some CS member stated, Nikon hot shoes are harder to remove thus more expensive don't you agree?

    A newbie photographer can charged as low as $50 for a wedding event but that doesn't mean his work is excellent, like wise a photographer I know charged wedding for as much as $2k or even more but those who engage his service know his dedication and his work well

    If everyone begin to compare brands in terms of equipment, pricing etc.. There will be no end to it, so I suggest just claim down and talk to Jonathan nicely about it, I know of 1 female staff whose face always "black" so I try to avoid her if I could, you could also approach the Malay uncle at there, he is very patient and helpful
    I don't understand why people charged low means it is a lousy work? And if you put it the other way round, I don't think when people charge high is doing a great job as well... many real life example out there.... many cases in the newspaper recently also.... I don't mean photographer, but other profession...

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Sorry to the moderator, but I have to put in my comments after reading this thread. You can ban me or flame me after that. I don't care, and if you got the time, you may want to read all my history posting to know me better.

    I think no matter it is Nikon, or Canon or whatever brand out there, they really need to learn how to handle customer dis satisfaction. And I believe the thread starter have a very strong case to reject or return the repair in the first place if he is not satisfied.

    Many of you is saying that Nikon service center has got ONE very good service manager.
    ONE only ah?? you mean the whole service center only got one Mr. Nice guy, while the rest of the staff in there, you can forget about talking to them as they will make your day bad?

    Many of you defense the service manager & Nikon service center as well as shooting the thread starter is because you all had great experience with nikon and with Mr. Jonathan, and you most likely treat him as your friend, I will do the same thing if he is my friend.
    I don't care, cos I don't know him, and I am not against him, I need to praise him for doing the good job there. But it is more about customer experience as a unit, as a service center, as Nikon Service Center, and not Jonathan Service Center. I hope you guys understand. No, I hope Nikon can understand.

    But to the thread starter, have you find your way to feedback your case to the service center? If you have not done it in the first place, then you are wrong. Unless there is no such channel available from Nikon. Or there is no action taken after your formal complaint, then you have the rights to make your feedback here.

    I don't understand why people say that you cannot come in and make constructive feedback? isn't this a public friendly forum? If he could not get his complaint through Nikon formally, I think it is normal for him to come to his "friendly" forum to ask for help and advice...

    Guys, so where can I ask for help and advice on Nikon stuff in future? Maybe I can talk to Jonathan, he should be able to help me....

  9. #29

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    If you have read carefully, most of the post were related to TS accusation on "bad manager attitude". And also NO ONE has ever mentioned anything about the whole Nikon Centre got only one Mr Nice guy FYI.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    That was my impression, because only one guy mention can look for a malay gentlemen there and avoid a lady with a black face, other than that I keep seeing Jonathan name popping up...

    And yes, I saw the "bad manager attitude" and he clarified that he thought the lady was a senior staff, so assume manager. I don't visit nikon service center often, how will I know there is only one service manager there? Did they display a org chart at the entrance?

  11. #31

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by tkp77 View Post
    That was my impression, because only one guy mention can look for a malay gentlemen there and avoid a lady with a black face, other than that I keep seeing Jonathan name popping up...

    And yes, I saw the "bad manager attitude" and he clarified that he thought the lady was a senior staff, so assume manager. I don't visit nikon service center often, how will I know there is only one service manager there? Did they display a org chart at the entrance?

    ONE guy mentioned ONE malay gentleman and avoid ONE black face lady + ONE Jonathan and you ASSUME the whole NSC got these 4 people ONLY?

    The rest are regulars with NSC and so they already pointed out the FACTS that Jonathan is the ONLY manager.

    No you don't need to have a org chart at your face, cause you already admit you don't visit there often.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    ONE guy mentioned ONE malay gentleman and avoid ONE black face lady + ONE Jonathan and you ASSUME the whole NSC got these 4 people ONLY?

    The rest are regulars with NSC and so they already pointed out the FACTS that Jonathan is the ONLY manager.

    No you don't need to have a org chart at your face, cause you already admit you don't visit there often.

    Ok, I will keep my comments to myself in future, yes, I don't visit NSC often, frankly speaking, only once, many years back when there is a recall for the battery of D70. And that's it I am too cheapo, and not willing to pay to enter ERP so, I don't go there. But actual fact, is my Nikon cameras serve me well, so far so good.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    You really sounds like roti prata, flipping your words here and there. You claims that both sets of D700's hotshoes were changed at the same time and now only YOUR friend's set is rusting. Doesn't sounds like a batch problem at all.

    Seems like you are getting more anal about Nikon's equipment, NSC, price etc and but at the same time flashing what D3x, D3s bodies you have.

    Ok I will clarify 1 more time. Indeed now that I have my own D700 back again yesterday, which was in service centre for calibration for 3 weeks, it does not seem to have a abrased/rusty hot-shoe anymore. The current camera in B & S is this, my own, camera which DOES NOT have a abrased hot-shoe (it might have had, and nikon might have touched it up, I am really confused too). Now I wonder now whether it was both my hot-shoe and my friend's hot-shoe being abrased at first, or just HIS which might be the isolated case.


    At the visit to NSC 3 months ago, I bought my D700 and my friend's D700 to have our hot-shoes changed due to flash contact problem. As I used his D700 often, and our hot-shoes became problematic, I paid $200++ for both hot-shoes to be changed.

    Upon receiving the cameras, It seemed that both hot-shoes were not of usual good quality. So I questioned the counter girl and she went to the technician, then coming back to me to inform that all the remaining batch of replacement hot-shoes looked like that.

    Btw I'd like to share with all that beside Jonathan, guys like James & Fred are also quite helpful and friendly. I'll try to check out the name of the female-senior-staff-who-might-not-be-some-type-of-manager incase anyone gets unhappy about my accusations again. But I do apologize if I have potentially victim nice guys like Jonathan, James & Fred. I don't like NSC to be just JSC.

    And just when did I ever flash my D3S and D3X around? Infact I don't have, don't plan to, and never had any D3S or D3X in the first place! I did have D3 a few times though. Including a recent one which I purchased, that's why I'm selling my D700 away.
    Last edited by surrephoto; 7th March 2012 at 01:21 AM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    You cared enough to write up and now you are in good terms with your friend's D700?

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post

    Ok I will clarify 1 more time. Indeed now that I have my own D700 back again yesterday, which was in service centre for calibration for 3 weeks, it does not seem to have a abrased/rusty hot-shoe anymore. The current camera in B & S is this, my own, camera which DOES not have a abrased hot-shoe (it might have had, and nikon might have touched it up, I am really confused too). Now I wonder now whether it was both my hot-shoe and my friend's hot-shoe being abrased at first, or just HIS which might be the isolated case.


    At the visit to NSC 3 months ago, I bought my D700 and my friend's D700 to have our hot-shoes changed due to flash contact problem. As I used his D700 often, and our hot-shoes became problematic, I paid $200++ for both hot-shoes to be changed.

    Upon receiving the cameras, It seemed that both hot-shoes were not of usual good quality. So I questioned the counter girl and she went to the technician, then coming back to me to inform that all the remaining batch of replacement hot-shoes looked like that.

    Btw I'd like to share with all that beside Jonathan, guys like James & Fred are also quite helpful and friendly. I'll try to check out the name of the female-senior-staff-who-might-not-be-some-type-of-manager incase anyone gets unhappy about my accusations again. But I do apologize if I have potentially victim nice guys like Jonathan, James & Fred. I don't like NSC to be just JSC.

    And just when did I ever flash my D3S and D3X around? Infact I don't have, don't plan to, and never had any D3S or D3X in the first place! I did have D3 a few times though. Including a recent one which I purchased, that's why I'm selling my D700 away.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    You cared enough to write up and now you are in good terms with your friend's D700?
    Bro not sure what you mean by good terms. Now my friend's D700 is the only one with the abrased and rusty hotshoe. And he might just get unhappy as I was the one who bought it into NSC and got it serviced. Trying to help him to change again now.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    lol .. i dono anyone at NSC
    not a NPS too but my d700 hotshoe was also replaced once

    i simply drop my camera at NSC if they cant fix it on the spot for me
    since they can loan me set, i just borrow one from CRC

    i dono if it was a case of mis handling from me?
    cos i had more jobs, i shoot more and maybe swing here and there
    knock here and there and need to have it replace

    do a simple search online, we all know d700 have problems with its hotshoe
    hence is not an isolation case
    these day i treat it like a baby, slot in/out my flash very slowly
    so far so good

    but i have to agree post #28
    Last edited by soeypixels; 7th March 2012 at 01:47 AM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,644

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by tkp77 View Post
    I wonder will he do the same to my D70 kit lens, 18-70mm??
    You would say the same if I didn't reveal which lens was replaced?

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao

    ONE guy mentioned ONE malay gentleman and avoid ONE black face lady + ONE Jonathan and you ASSUME the whole NSC got these 4 people ONLY?
    I only count 3 ppl =p

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    You would say the same if I didn't reveal which lens was replaced?
    Frankly speaking, No, I would not say the same thing, but, i was just asking a questions, I hope there is no problem of having some doubt? It was just too good. But I have to slap myself for being so low, people was just doing a good job in providing good service, and I just have to think so negatively... I apologize.

    Regards.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Old/lousy hot-shoe replacement from Nikon Service Centre

    I don't see why the TS has to be apologetic about his honest feedback about NSC's lousy service just because there are many fanboys of NSC or Jonathan in Clubsnap.

    Apart from Clubsnap, my acquaintances and friends who use/d Nikon have told me their lousy experiences with Nikon, after I happened to tell them mine (surprise surprise).

    I don't know many camera users, but at least two have switched to Canon because of the contrasting service attitudes of the two service centers.

    I'm also thinking of jumping over to Canon because of NSC's lousy service - the only service I ever get from it was lip service. I'm still thinking if it's worth it to give up the lens collection and the flash.

    Judging from the fierce defence, it's hard not to imagine that Jonathan and NSC have some friends in Clubsnap who inevitably receive 'good' services from them.

    But there's no need to attack people who give their honest feedback about how they feel about NSC. If not for the fact that I knew Clubsnap is like that, I'd have started a thread two years back about their nil service. I actually wonder how Nikon justify NSC's existence - just being there to tell you what's wrong with your lens or camera (which is what you have told them in the first place) and telling you there's no cure for them, and if you want a fix, need to pay premium for it.

    Even though I know the NSC fanboys would take offense at what I say (and attack me simultaneously), I still want to tell you guys how I feel about NSC: it sucks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •