Thread: Light Show in Tunnel

Default Light Show in Tunnel

This is my 1st new thread post (here in CS and oso on the web)
    At the same time I am trying to learn the ropes on how to upload a photo into the gallery. Have used one of the photos I took recently in Shanghai for this experiment:

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/2/15505Pic018b.jpg

The photo was taken from within a rail car in the tunnel under the Huang Po river in 'Shanghai Beach' where there is a light show to entertain the passengers for that few minutes' ride.
    My efforts are at best amateurish, I think, but your frank opinions welcome so that I can learn how to improve.
    Last edited by koolkat; 11th December 2004 at 12:41 AM.

nice special effect

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    nice special effect
    Thx user111 for your encouraging comments. Actually the effect was unintentional. I think the 'stars effect' was caused by the many flashes of light at the start of the ride. The shot was handheld, using auto setting for everything. I think the camera auto settings according to the exif data were ISO100, F6.5 and 8 sec shutter speed, pretty long for shooting anything else with a handheld camera.

if its 8 second that long... then u can try move your hand here and there during those 8 seconds to get more funky effects

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    if its 8 second that long... then u can try move your hand here and there during those 8 seconds to get more funky effects
    Hahaha, good un. Probably have already done that (that's why got so much effects). Besides, the rail car itself definitely have moved quite a distance in those 8 secs. Luckily the tunnel was dark otherwise I could not have got away with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat
    This is my 1st new thread post (here in CS and oso on the web)
    At the same time I am trying to learn the ropes on how to upload a photo into the gallery. Have used one of the photos I took recently in Shanghai for this experiment:

The photo was taken from within a rail car in the tunnel under the Huang Po river in 'Shanghai Beach' where there is a light show to entertain the passengers for that few minutes' ride.
    My efforts are at best amateurish, I think but your frank opinions welcome so that I can learn how to improve.
    Love this blue abstracts pic. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeWorld
    Love this blue abstracts pic. Beautiful.
    Thx LifeWorld for the inspiring words. Actually I was trying to paste the picture into the post like you did. How did you do that? Pardon me, I know that other people have asked this question before but I can't find the thread. Me new member (still learning).

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat
    Thx LifeWorld for the inspiring words. Actually I was trying to paste the picture into the post like you did. How did you do that? Pardon me, I know that other people have asked this question before but I can't find the thread. Me new member (still learning).
    replace [url] with [img] Keep it up!!!

Thx once again LifeWorld, what wud I do w/o you

I finally found the URL for FAQs for these matters in this link:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Last edited by koolkat; 11th December 2004 at 12:40 AM.