Thread: My shutter count jumps

Default My shutter count jumps

Need advise on this... my shutter count jumps to 8K when I lend my friend my CF card... when I plug in it back to my 300D. I only when I realised that something is amiss after I took a few pictures...

I don't know what happened... is my card corrupted?

How do I readjust my count back to my original shutter count...

Since the number jumped to 8k, let me ask u these qns.

Is the number the shutter count?
    Could your family secretly took a few thousand shots while u were asleep?

If U know the answer to these 2 qns, U'll know the truth already.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Since the number jumped to 8k, let me ask u these qns.

Is the number the shutter count?
    Could your family secretly took a few thousand shots while u were asleep?

If U know the answer to these 2 qns, U'll know the truth already.
    Well... I check back my old shoots it was 2K plus... then after lending my friend to take some shots with his camera... i plug back to my camera... it become 8K... his camera shutter count was quite high...

you don't have to worry too much, the numbering of the files doesn't quite accurately show your shutter count.

I believe there is a internal counter system within your camera that take care of the shutter count and can only be checked by the canon engineers. Gotto pay $20 for checking i think.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    you don't have to worry too much, the numbering of the files doesn't quite accurately show your shutter count.

I believe there is a internal counter system within your camera that take care of the shutter count and can only be checked by the canon engineers. Gotto pay $20 for checking i think.
    Hi ordinaryless... thks. However, I would like to monitor my shutter count as well... so is there any where to correct it?

Anyone out there who can help me in this?

Any one can help me in this?

Quote Originally Posted by rayz
    Any one can help me in this?
    Relax rayz, its really quite unimportant. Why on earth do you want to monitor your shutter count for? When I sent both my cams into Canon for calibration suddenly the count jumped to 50K from 5K , they must have used their test card with countless shots fired on it. Maybe you give them a call and they can find a way to help.

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Relax rayz, its really quite unimportant. Why on earth do you want to monitor your shutter count for? When I sent both my cams into Canon for calibration suddenly the count jumped to 50K from 5K , they must have used their test card with countless shots fired on it. Maybe you give them a call and they can find a way to help.
    Thanks dkw...