Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Nikon service fees

  1. #1

    Default Nikon service fees

    Hi guys, just wanna know whether I need to pay for cleaning of my dslr body and lens calibrations? All still in warranty.

    I thought I read it somewhere in the forum that if your equipment is still in warranty, such service will be free?

    I called Nikon and they told me I have to pay from general servicing to lens calibration even if still in warranty. Did I read it wrong or Nikon just change their policy?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    As i remember, if you service within warranty, it will be much cheaper.. The price is more than double if after warranty as stated on their website..

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Fezqu View Post
    Hi guys, just wanna know whether I need to pay for cleaning of my dslr body and lens calibrations? All still in warranty.

    I thought I read it somewhere in the forum that if your equipment is still in warranty, such service will be free?

    I called Nikon and they told me I have to pay from general servicing to lens calibration even if still in warranty. Did I read it wrong or Nikon just change their policy?

    Thanks!
    Hi, Please use common sense.Warranty is only for defects such as product failure which includes autofocus.Keeping product clean IS your
    responsibilty but because of your whim and fancy, of course nikon will charge as it's not part of the warranty.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    ru taking about cleaning the sensor?
    is about $30 regardless of your warranty period

  5. #5
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    hmm last time I send it for sensor cleaning, it's free, ask they told me its my first time
    Lousy de My Flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post
    Hi, Please use common sense.Warranty is only for defects such as product failure which includes autofocus.Keeping product clean IS your
    responsibilty but because of your whim and fancy, of course nikon will charge as it's not part of the warranty.
    If you have nothing nice to say, please keep your mouth close. Much appreciated. Please read my 1st post before saying such stupid words. And also, dust and dirt are everywhere, it tends to slip in, please use your brain if your common sense or general knowledge is not working well on you. I wanna send it for cleaning because I take good care of my stuff.

    Like I said, I read it somewhere in this forum that lens calibrations is free if it's still in warranty. I forgotten the brand.

    I'm grateful to the other users who reply and answer my doubts. Let's make this forum a much friendly and warm one.

  7. #7
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Fezqu View Post
    If you have nothing nice to say, please keep your mouth close. Much appreciated. Please read my 1st post before saying such stupid words. And also, dust and dirt are everywhere, it tends to slip in, please use your brain if your common sense or general knowledge is not working well on you. I wanna send it for cleaning because I take good care of my stuff.

    Like I said, I read it somewhere in this forum that lens calibrations is free if it's still in warranty. I forgotten the brand.

    I'm grateful to the other users who reply and answer my doubts. Let's make this forum a much friendly and warm one.
    Hmm maybe Sigma? If I'm not wrong 2 times free calibrations if it's local set, none for grey set
    Lousy de My Flickr

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Fezqu View Post
    Hi guys, just wanna know whether I need to pay for cleaning of my dslr body and lens calibrations? All still in warranty.

    I thought I read it somewhere in the forum that if your equipment is still in warranty, such service will be free?

    I called Nikon and they told me I have to pay from general servicing to lens calibration even if still in warranty. Did I read it wrong or Nikon just change their policy?

    Thanks!
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9
    Member JohnJon82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lavender
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Fezqu View Post
    If you have nothing nice to say, please keep your mouth close. Much appreciated. Please read my 1st post before saying such stupid words. And also, dust and dirt are everywhere, it tends to slip in, please use your brain if your common sense or general knowledge is not working well on you. I wanna send it for cleaning because I take good care of my stuff.

    Like I said, I read it somewhere in this forum that lens calibrations is free if it's still in warranty. I forgotten the brand.

    I'm grateful to the other users who reply and answer my doubts. Let's make this forum a much friendly and warm one.
    Think Canon lens calibration is free if in warranty.
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    What lens and camera body do you have that need calibration?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    Unless u are using a D7000 that is still under warranty, you will be charged. Initially i thought cleaning of sensor isn't free as I called them and the lady over the phone told me sensor cleaning isn't free. When i went down to NSC, I asked their staff what exactly does the warranty cover. She told me all interior parts of the camera. She added that unless your camera is a D7000(with warranty), it is chargeable for sensor cleaning, bout 20++. Subsequent times also free, ONLY FOR D7000 that is still under warranty. General servicing is NOT free even if your body is still under warranty. Hope this helps TS.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Nikon service fees

    Hi, thank you all for the contribution! It's very clear to me now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •