Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cheapo wedding shoot

(dreaming of Leica wedding)

Default Re: Cheapo wedding shoot

Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    Have seen very professional results taken w D80 and 24-85mm. but i can tell the photographer was very good. the pictures returned indeed proved it right.
    (The photographer was hired at medium range pricing).

So I learned somethings over the years:
    -not to pre-judge the work by the camera used.
    -the repute of the photographer far outweighs the equipment
    -kit lens are never used
    -cheap is good only if you know the photographer (he gives you discount)
    -expensive need not produce that much better results.
    -spend what you can afford. (if the work turns out bad, blame the photographer; if you under-spend, then you will blame yourself too)
    Great points.

Cheap deal does not means good deal.

Cheap and good deal does not comes often, there's often a catch.

Expensive does not always mean good deal, but it could mean a great deal.

Expensive could mean the law of diminishing returns set in, but that seldom matter to high end clients who can afford.

The point is do not skimp on areas that you definitely can afford and dont short change yourself and your beautiful wife.

After the deal is done, it's too late to cry over spilled milk.

To the lousy photographer, it's just another wedding he messed up while earning cheap dollars. To the wedding couple it's their wedding photos for the rest of their life.
    Last edited by JasonB; 13th June 2012 at 05:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    I would have to ask my brother in law. It is in along a dark corridor in IMM. But no lah... Let it be... My brother in law not well off. It's just that his wife insisted in a wedding shoot so he went for the cheapest. I am just disappointed at how cheap cheap can get.
    Some money cannot save one. For the decades to come, when there is some unhappiness, the wife will bring this up everytime...

Quote Originally Posted by Prajna View Post
    (dreaming of Leica wedding)
    Leica wedding for you?

Collection: WEDDING

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=UncleFai;7962867]I would have to ask my brother in law. It is in along a dark corridor in IMM. But no lah... Let it be... My brother in law not well off. It's just that his wife insisted in a wedding shoot so he went for the cheapest. I am just disappointed at how che

.....why do you keep addressing your sister as "his wife"?
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    .....why do you keep addressing your sister as "his wife"?
    Could be his wife's brother's wife.
    Last edited by GRbenji; 13th June 2012 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji

Could be his wife's brother's wife.
    Correct-o-mondo.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Not without the permission of my brother in law and his wife who are the subjects.
    so go and ask them or photoshop their face away. honestly i (or we) am not interested in their face. i would like to see your photography skills.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Great points.

Cheap deal does not means good deal.

Cheap and good deal does not comes often, there's often a catch.

Expensive does not always mean good deal, but it could mean a great deal.

Expensive could mean the law of diminishing returns set in, but that seldom matter to high end clients who can afford.

The point is do not skimp on areas that you definitely can afford and dont short change yourself and your beautiful wife.

After the deal is done, it's too late to cry over spilled milk.

To the lousy photographer, it's just another wedding he messed up while earning cheap dollars. To the wedding couple it's their wedding photos for the rest of their life.
    Well Said....

I have from time to time, people who charge cheap and screw up and PM me for help...

What can I say?

How come, people sometime think that my help should come whenever they need it... it doesn't... I try to help, but only for those who truly need help...

Come back to Cheapo photography buyer... I have seen a lot in the last 4.5 years. I often had to go and shoot a newborn on short notice because the last photographer did nothing but unsatisfactory job. Client ask for quote and unwilling to pay for the price, well, they end up paying me and the other person who screw up the job... u go figure.

If you charge, make sure you charge according to your "deliverables" and don't use someone else's price list and minus or plus a percentage then call it your own.

Regards,

Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    Come back to Cheapo photography buyer... I have seen a lot in the last 4.5 years. I often had to go and shoot a newborn on short notice because the last photographer did nothing but unsatisfactory job. Client ask for quote and unwilling to pay for the price, well, they end up paying me and the other person who screw up the job... u go figure.
    Buy nice, or buy twice.

Actual Day Wedding, cannot.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

If the couple cannot afford expensive package, they just need to lower their expectation.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

One popular phrase , NPNPT

Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia
    One popular phrase , NPNPT
    NPNT - No prove no talk. Ha ha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

sorry may i just check what is considered cheap, mid-tier and high end and beyond?

All talk & no show only. So what is cheap, so what is poor quality here? So what if it is cheap? Like food, hawkers fare can be cheap & delicious, even if it may not be those served by famous chef in expensive high class restaurants. Different people have different expectations imo.

With a dslr & some skills, one should be able to take some nice, decent photos of any event, although these may not be considered as professional, high society, artistic kind. I suspect to many people, particularly the ordinary folks who are less well off, photography is just to record an event for memories sake. It is not for "showing off" & is not their most important, urgent priority & therefore they dont want to spend too much time or money on it.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 20th June 2012 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go
    If the couple cannot afford expensive package, they just need to lower their expectation.
    Got a very famous line in hokkien that translates to,"want virgin, want cheap and want big boobs"
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456