I also joking.

*smash*

Default Re: Cheapo wedding shoot

Photo leh?? few months passed.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Wow... thanks for remembering what a coincident...

My bro in law and his wife went to collect it a month or so back. They rejected it coz they were awful. They complain and complain so the company says "ok will take one more month to touch up." Yesterday, they showed me the final results. I guess they also gave up and accepted the final result.

All I can say is KNS. First, all the shots were PP with a soft focus - so nothing sharp is found in any of the photos - mind you 3R photos and nothing is sharp. Next, the touch up of the faces is really really bad - to the extend that my bro in law (ok lah, the less good looking half of the couple) looks unnatural - face completely flat, clearly over-zealous PP.

But I kept quiet... don't want to rub salt into the wound.

Uncle Fai, do you have some samples to show us?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post

My bro in law and his wife went to collect it a month or so back. They rejected it coz they were awful. They complain and complain so the company says "ok will take one more month to touch up." Yesterday, they showed me the final results. I guess they also gave up and accepted the final resul
    All I can say is KNS. First, all the shots were Pwith a soft focus - so nothing sharp is found in any of the photos - mind you 3R photos and nothing is sharp. Next, the touch up of the faces is really really bad - to the extend that my bro in law (ok lah, the less good looking half of the couple) looks unnatural - face completely flat, clearly over-zealous PP.

.....pay peanuts get monkeys .....but some monkeys also quite selective .....go only for your bananas.....and discard your nuts .....
    Last edited by Zenten; 12th June 2012 at 07:06 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

My bro in law and his wife went to collect it a month or so back. They rejected it coz they were awful. They complain and complain so the company says "ok will take one more month to touch up." Yesterday, they showed me the final results. I guess they also gave up and accepted the final result.

All I can say is KNS. First, all the shots were PP with a soft focus - so nothing sharp is found in any of the photos - mind you 3R photos and nothing is sharp. Next, the touch up of the faces is really really bad - to the extend that my bro in law (ok lah, the less good looking half of the couple) looks unnatural - face completely flat, clearly over-zealous PP.

Sorry, I just read the entire thread and summaries that basically the couple cheaped out and hired cheapo wedding photography (as per thread title) from a certain company, presumably a bridal studio, the TS you kindly enlightened them that they made bad decision and proved the point by criticising and finding fault both on shoot and on post process. The couple then complain complain complain and make the bridal studio redo the retouching. Everybody unhappy.

Sorry, I can't help but feel that this is a classic situation of Ai Pee Ai Cheen You Ai Tua Liap Knee - mismatched expectations. When the couple cheaped out on photography, they probably did not have high expectations. But as a photography expert you did and educated them how to find flaws and be unhappy.

Things would probably be ok and everyone would probably be happier if you would just kept quiet. Not making enemies with that photogr would probably be wise too.

I am not trying to fault you but just sharing experiences and I had friends asking me to shoot hoping for a good deal but I don't shoot or discount for friends, they don't want to afford expensive photogr so they went with a $800 one from bridal studio for actual day. Results so so I don't like the blown whites and poor expressions and I don't like a lot of things I spotted but I kept all those to myself. These are people's wedding photos man! They made bad decision and they later came to me feeling that I am an expert and hoping to have consolation from me that it's not so bad afterall. I had to give it to them. Find some good (not much) and praise it.

By all means, discourage people from going with cheap bridal packages (or even shooting for these companies), but probably not after they already bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    Uncle Fai, do you have some samples to show us?
    Not nice to post them lah. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    .....pay peanuts get monkeys .....but some monkeys also quite selective .....go only for your bananas.....and discard your nuts .....
    True. Think about it, so cheap, what's the catch?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    True. Think about it, so cheap, what's the catch?
    ....leave the 2 of them hanging there lor ..:.. the couple lah ....... what were you actually thinking??!!!
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Can tell that you are very obsessed with the golden rule of NPNT.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Not nice to post them lah. Sorry.
    ok uncle. please share the name of the company who did this

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Can tell that you are very obsessed with the golden rule of NPNT.
    becos golden so i follow
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

ok uncle. please share the name of the company who did this
    I would have to ask my brother in law. It is in along a dark corridor in IMM. But no lah... Let it be... My brother in law not well off. It's just that his wife insisted in a wedding shoot so he went for the cheapest. I am just disappointed at how cheap cheap can get.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB

Sorry, I can't help but feel that this is a classic situation of Ai Pee Ai Cheen You Ai Tua Liap Knee - mismatched expectations. When the couple cheaped out on photography, they probably did not have high expectations. But as a photography expert you did and educated them how to find flaws and be unhappy.
    No lah. I ranted here precisely because I kept quiet and did not comment to the couples.

i may have missed the previous posts...but why dont you show us YOUR photos that you took.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon
    i may have missed the previous posts...but why dont you show us YOUR photos that you took.
    Not without the permission of my brother in law and his wife who are the subjects.

I would have to ask my brother in law. It is in along a dark corridor in IMM. But no lah... Let it be... My brother in law not well off. It's just that his wife insisted in a wedding shoot so he went for the cheapest. I am just disappointed at how cheap cheap can get.
    U must not say which shop!!!!!!!!!!!!! just say the shop next to it will do...
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Hmmm i be taking note of the dark corrider in IMM.......

Cheap can be good.
    Depends on who is shooting and for whom.
    Free is better than cheap. Like when you use top end equipment and shoot properly for good friends. FOC of course.

Have seen very professional results taken w D80 and 24-85mm. but i can tell the photographer was very good. the pictures returned indeed proved it right.
    (The photographer was hired at medium range pricing).

So I learned somethings over the years:
    -not to pre-judge the work by the camera used.
    -the repute of the photographer far outweighs the equipment
    -kit lens are never used
    -cheap is good only if you know the photographer (he gives you discount)
    -expensive need not produce that much better results.
    -spend what you can afford. (if the work turns out bad, blame the photographer; if you under-spend, then you will blame yourself too)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast