Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K3 ~ What to draw from Olympus OOOOOMMMMMMMMD

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgerock

Actually those rubber caps at the side to cover the HDMI and other connectors also can be done the same for this unique connector. Olympus came with a cover which covers both the VF connector and the hotshoe. Pentax also provide out of the box the cover for the VF for those who do night shots. So it is possible and WR still will not suffer.

Currently PC desktop do have connectors like the USB with Esata combo. So I do not see why this cannot be done for a camera. Just that the engineers need to think abit and be more adventurous.
    I really prefer for stuff to be built in and ergonomically moulded in a neat package. Those chimera setups where u plug in stuff here and there do not appeal to me.

I stopped playing with lego when i was 12

Default Re: K3 ~ What to draw from Olympus OOOOOMMMMMMMMD

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    Of course it is good! I think it is as good as my Samsung Galaxy S2 IQ.

I think I will stick to my SGS 2 and K5. And use the money I reserved for OMD for some nice Limited lenses. And who knows, maybe a 16-50.
    I'm pretty sure the OM-D is pretty good in low light as a system (ie. coupled with the fast primes in the m4/3 selection).
    Still at least 1 stop below K5 though based on experiences with my G3 ('like' 16mp sensor (though Oly always claim its unique to them)).

Don't laugh at its base ISO o/p though. Its well known the weak AA filter and Oly JPEG processing produces wickedly sharp outputs.

I think I will stick to my SGS 2 and K5. And use the money I reserved for OMD for some nice Limited lenses. And who knows, maybe a 16-50.
    OMD? The EXIF says E-M5. And you think the Galaxy S2 can match that?

Well, from my eyes they don't differ much. But seriously that horrendous shot could be a user error (45mm @ 1/100s). Not sure the 45mm is 35mm equivalent or before the X 2 crop factor.

Please note too, that many good pros shy away from high ISO shots. Maybe there is something there for us to learn? I am still a newbie so please take whatever I said with a handful of salt.

Well, from my eyes they don't differ much. But seriously that horrendous shot could be a user error (45mm @ 1/100s). Not sure the 45mm is 35mm equivalent or before the X 2 crop factor.
    Before, equivalent = 90mm.

wow, 90mm @ 1/100s! I normally go for 1.5 to 2 times of the focal length.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb
    wow, 90mm @ 1/100s! I normally go for 1.5 to 2 times of the focal length.
    Nothing to shout about.
    With Pentax SR you can go <1:1 if you hold your camera in the correct way
    ペンタックス K1 K5, FA31, FA77, DA15, DA* 16-50, Sigma 10-20, Metz 58 AF-2

Please note too, that many good pros shy away from high ISO shots. Maybe there is something there for us to learn? I am still a newbie so please take whatever I said with a handful of salt.
    i don't think its about the "pro vs newbie" dichotomy. its ultimately a matter of equipment available, artistic preference, choices made under different lighting conditions and PP workflow.

if pros don't need / use high ISO, then why make FF? thats one of they key advantages of FF over APS-C: less noise at high ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenvin View Post
    Nothing to shout about.
    With Pentax SR you can go <1:1 if you hold your camera in the correct way
    agree with this... its very doable.

Lol, I conceit, you guys are better. Don't let me stop you from buying ff, shoot with low shutter and high ISO.

Now, let's get back to the subject; so far everyone wants better af on the new k3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb

Galaxy s2 got so good meh? IMHO the s2 output is not even up to scratch as Compared to iPhone pictures. Definitely not in he same league as the current crop of m4/3 cameras... Not even close!

I think the max I did before is 1/4 sec hand held with my 8-16mm @ 8mm with Sr on of cos.
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    I think the max I did before is 1/4 sec hand held with my 8-16mm @ 8mm with Sr on of cos.
    Trust me, practise some more, you can take good ones at 1s I did that on DA14 pretty often before.

I can't even do half that on a rocking boat or on a moving object. You guys are amazing.

I can't even do half that on a rocking boat or on a moving object. You guys are amazing.
    doesn't work when u have to deal with motion blur. doesn't matter how robust SR is, or how steady you're holding your camera if your subject moves. in your case, just bump up iso for a faster shutter speed and spend some effort on PP if noise is a problem.

I almost never go below 1/30.
    Anything lower, I use a tripod or keep the camera
    Last edited by pinholecam; 1st March 2012 at 04:36 PM.

That has nothing to do with you, but with the rocking boat.

The only way to overcome the resultant camera shake because of being on rocking boat or moving object is to follow the motion of the thing you're on... Don't think that's possible!

Okay, thanks for the tips guys. I am still learning.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12