Thread: Question about purchasing DSLR

Lightbulb Question about purchasing DSLR

I've seen most people go to funan mall to purchase dslr but it came to my mind that, why funan mall? Are there any differences between buying ur camera at those funan mall shop & shops like courts, harvey norman and best denki??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Da an
    I've seen most people go to funan mall to purchase dslr but it came to my mind that, why funan mall? Are there any differences between buying ur camera at those funan mall shop & shops like courts, harvey norman and best denki??
    Erm I only know its cheaper, and its local set, so why not?
    Lousy de My Flickr

Go to price lists section, compare the price from camera stores and those maga stores you will understand the reasons.
    So people will still get from maga stores partly is for the installment plan, extened warranty.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: Question about purchasing DSLR

Yes. And I believed that the main reason is because of SP VS RRP.

Prices is lower at Funan and you can afford pay cash.. Installment for other big stores, HN, courts...pay every month partial but higher price.

At Funan mall, you get everything under one roof. HN, Courts, TK, SLRR, Alan photo etc. So easy to compare prices n freebies n choose the best package.

Since we are at the topic don't mind me asking which shop in financial provides interest free credit card payment?

Quote Originally Posted by alancwr View Post
    Since we are at the topic don't mind me asking which shop in financial provides interest free credit card payment?
    I believe most megastores give you that benefit. However even with interest thrown in, many stores still sell cheaper than the megastores.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by alancwr
    If you want interest free credit card payment, just go Cathay photo and pay at their first quote price. Interest free very likely.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Blog Entries

a. on a hot day, Funan has the best air-con in Singapore
    b. its near to a Church so you can go there and pray for forgiveness when you realize how much you spent
    c. ALOT of interesting landscapes nearby to shoot the moment you finish your equipment purchases
    d. Traditionally most of the camera stores serving serious hobbyists are located nearby at the Peninsula area
    e. All of the above

just kidding
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    b. its near to a Church so you can go there and pray for forgiveness when you realize how much you spent
    c. ALOT of interesting landscapes nearby to shoot the moment you finish your equipment purchases
    d. Traditionally most of the camera stores serving serious hobbyists are located nearby at the Peninsula area
    e. All of the above

just kidding
    Haha good one
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    e. All of the above

just kidding

bravo haha!