Thread: PIE night scene - taken from Eunos/Ubi Pedestrian flyover

Default PIE night scene - taken from Eunos/Ubi Pedestrian flyover

Hi All,

Took these photos around 8pm tonight, guess it is a little too late, the traffic was not as heavy as I thought it would be:

But surprisingly, I did not realize that FZ10 also have some "star" effect like what FZ20 has.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Hi All,

Took these photos around 8pm tonight, guess it is a little too late, the traffic was not as heavy as I thought it would be:

But surprisingly, I did not realize that FZ10 also have some "star" effect like what FZ20 has.

Comments and suggestions welcome.
    No comment, or the photos are so badly taken that they do not worth the effort to comment?

Blog Entries

I think no one wants to comment 'cos you are a hazard to all others using the road. You are what they call a 'snap and drive' offender . You also have everyone seeing stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    I think no one wants to comment 'cos you are a hazard to all others using the road. You are what they call a 'snap and drive' offender . You also have everyone seeing stars.
    Har? 'snap and drive'???? I was on the pedestrian flyover lar...how to drive??

You mean it will be better to crop away the lamps that gave the star effect?? I did not use any star filter at all hor...it is the camera lar...

A bit too overexpose, that why the orange glow and also affect the sharpness.

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    A bit too overexpose, that why the orange glow and also affect the sharpness.

Ohhhh...thanks for the comment....

I shall try again some other week dayt night when I get a chance to come home early.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Har? 'snap and drive'???? I was on the pedestrian flyover lar...how to drive??

You mean it will be better to crop away the lamps that gave the star effect?? I did not use any star filter at all hor...it is the camera lar...
    Erhm, like I said.. you had everyone seeing stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    Erhm, like I said.. you had everyone seeing stars.

Oorrrrr....thanks for the comment....I will try again some other nights.....sorry if there are tones of stars and moons on top of your head now....hehehehehe...

Maybe its just me, but i find the bushes at the bottom of the pics a bit distracting also...like can tell you were on overhead bridge....maybe next time you can try to trim the bushes first before taking? ....or if you scared kena fine, maybe you can just take then crop the pic...

Hey, I like the shot, but not very sharp, a bit overexpose. Too bright to the eyes. Its a night sence, should dim down alittle to get into the mood...

Just a layman point of view.

At least better than my shot... keke...

Quote Originally Posted by snapMan
    Maybe its just me, but i find the bushes at the bottom of the pics a bit distracting also...like can tell you were on overhead bridge....maybe next time you can try to trim the bushes first before taking? ....or if you scared kena fine, maybe you can just take then crop the pic...
    Aiyo...trim the bushes? Better not...ma ta liat!

I just wanted to post the non-process one to get comment...this will help me in the digital darkroom process technique too.

IMHO, its overexposed and the colours are way too warm... Here's my go at this type of shot:

IMO, I think if there isn't enough traffic to get good streaks, I suggest to wait!

Cheers,
    Nick
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

nick mak those are nice tones... very soothing compared to jimdavis's photos
    but singapore has orange lights nationwide...
    how can one get around dat prob

i tried my own but also not too much traffic. not too sure of the colors tho

Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    nick mak those are nice tones... very soothing compared to jimdavis's photos
    but singapore has orange lights nationwide...
    how can one get around dat prob

i tried my own but also not too much traffic. not too sure of the colors tho
    Put a blue filter to soothe the colours... I think... Use the Photo filter function on PS CS too... Might help soothe the colours...

Regards,
    Nick
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    IMHO, its overexposed and the colours are way too warm... Here's my go at this type of shot:

IMO, I think if there isn't enough traffic to get good streaks, I suggest to wait!

Cheers,
    Nick
    Where did you take the shot from? Does not seems to be in SG to me at all leh.

haha~ its from the BTS overheadbridge at MBK... bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR
    haha~ its from the BTS overheadbridge at MBK... bangkok
    Haha... I thought the 'MBK' sign which was so big would have given it away!

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Haha... I thought the 'MBK' sign which was so big would have given it away!
    Oppssss...I am blur sotong...