Thread: Scanning in negatives?

Default Scanning in negatives?

Once you get the negatives developed is there anyway you can scan these in to your computer and use something like photoshop to "digitally" develop them?

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheat
    Once you get the negatives developed is there anyway you can scan these in to your computer and use something like photoshop to "digitally" develop them?
    Sure. There are flatbed scanners with film adapter to scan film ranging from 35mm to large format (depends on model) eg. Epson 4870, Epson 3170, Canon 8400F, 9900F.

Dedicated film scanners scans only film usually APS/35mm with some scanning medium format eg. Nikon Coolscan series, Minolta Scan Dual series.

u can either buy a budget and good one like Minolta Dual series if u intend to scan more neg in the future.

if not u can try at photo lab , they have this kinda services. prices vary

i'm actually thinking that rather than ask the lab to do it ($5-10) and getting varying levels of quality, i can do it myself and get whatever quality i want... and since i am going through around 3 rolls of film a week at the moment i will save me some money in the long term.

has anyone actually done this?

there one lab in clementi does scanning for $2.50-$3 per roll, cant really remember the exact pricing.

i did my own scanning too, cheaper and more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    there one lab in clementi does scanning for $2.50-$3 per roll, cant really remember the exact pricing.

i did my own scanning too, cheaper and more convenient.
    which scanner do you use?