Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Photographers / Videographers with passion for Good [Discussion thread]

Quote Originally Posted by jonathann
    I would say its more like donating your service. people do not simply stop offering donation even though the organisation is asset rich in the balance sheet. just my opinion though.
    As much as we would like to donate our services, we have a responsibility to pull the market up again. And a charity organisation which is fully capable of helping us, isn't. People will continue to look down on us because over there, all the workers and services are paid, except for photography
    Nikon D7000 | 18-105mm | 55-200mm | 50mm 1.8D | SB700

Default Re: Looking for Photographers / Videographers with passion for Good

@Weird Guy, at least it is charity org. Mine is CC which they had tons of $$$$$. Last time they keep calling me to help saying no budget and I told I will help on condition they call me again when they had budget. U know what? When they had budget, they call other photographers saying they are their regular photographers. CRAP!!! Now they stopped calling me cos I dun work for FOC for them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by benny2174 View Post
    @Weird Guy, at least it is charity org. Mine is CC which they had tons of $$$$$. Last time they keep calling me to help saying no budget and I told I will help on condition they call me again when they had budget. U know what? When they had budget, they call other photographers saying they are their regular photographers. CRAP!!! Now they stopped calling me cos I dun work for FOC for them anymore.
    Bro...same lah all under 1 roof. When an event is held sure have to come out money dio bo ?
    Im not a "free lunch" photographer

Very well said.I rather shoot animal and insect then giving free for this so call passion for good. Go fly kite.
    GO fly your kite somewhere esle
    Dont come in here
    Since you got so many sponsor got find them.Why ask us
    Go find them.

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    As much as we would like to donate our services, we have a responsibility to pull the market up again. And a charity organisation which is fully capable of helping us, isn't. People will continue to look down on us because over there, all the workers and services are paid, except for photography
    I guess it only applies to those shooting full time that want to pull the market up. those who has another full time job may like go shoot just for a cause. non monetary though.
    Having the last say doesn't mean you are correct, it just mean you are desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathann View Post
    I guess it only applies to those shooting full time that want to pull the market up. those who has another full time job may like go shoot just for a cause. non monetary though.
    Bro you are too naive.. Those big org are not here for amature photography services .

When an organization pays professionals to shoot their important event & call upon you to shoot FOC ... Guess what they think of your photography skills or your worth as a freelancer.
    It's time that TFCD be banned when dealing with organizations whether NOP or not. Your transport costs & shooting time can be spent with family or girlfriend and you'll be a happier person.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathann View Post
    Not really, pro shooters can't be bother with such shoots and I fail to see how shooting free for them is helping them in their cause, how does the photos help with their cause? Without a photographer their cause still go on as their cause have got no bearing with your photos. Very likely for them, if they got free photographer than good, if not than just get their own staff/volunteer to shoot (PNS also can), draw your own conclusion how much/important of a volunteer you are to them. If the photos are important to their cause, it will be a different story, there'll be a budget for it or they will get their contacts/patron to approch a pro for the job at discounted rate.

Of course everyone have their own opinion and no one can say who's wrong but they can affort to pay $900K for staff cost and another $145,421.0 to rent an office in Junction 8, do they need to ask for free service?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

i think there needs to be a focus here in CS. does the admin want to allow visitors to solicit free services? if yes, then the rest should not start coming into such threads and post their opinion about organization not paying for service etc...

this is not the first post of it's kind. and if rules don't change it will not be the last. status quo, there is always many side of the story to each his own opinion. nobody is absolutely wrong or right. if posting rules are status quo, there is really NO POINT in viewing your opinion. It is really a waste of time.

personally i am not for soliciting free service. personally i feel CS should stop this kind of solicitation.

Quote Originally Posted by benny2174
    Ehh same same haha.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by house3377
    i think there needs to be a focus here in CS. does the admin want to allow visitors to solicit free services? if yes, then the rest should not start coming into such threads and post their opinion about organization not paying for service etc...

this is not the first post of it's kind. and if rules don't change it will not be the last. status quo, there is always many side of the story to each his own opinion. nobody is absolutely wrong or right. if posting rules are status quo, there is really NO POINT in viewing your opinion. It is really a waste of time.

personally i am not for soliciting free service. personally i feel CS should stop this kind of solicitation.
    I think a rich organization like this should stop exploiting the newbies in CS
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

There are tons of pg and VG offering their services at this link here Photography Services Directory . Just dont understand why the fxxk they are still here to look for pg and vg services.

Quote Originally Posted by house3377 View Post

Get free services mah
    No need to paid a single cent.

This is where you get free photography servics

honestly nothing wrong in getting a free service. but do it correctly. get their staff to request such a service from someone THEY KNOW personally. not come to a public forum and request for it.

not sure if non profit org goes into other forums to ask for free things. maybe go hardwarezone.com ask epicentre give them free imac? or maybe ask a newbie shop in sim lim to give them free notebooks - i mean come on.... seriously.... newbie shop should give free right? this way you can attract more customers and built your reputation (portfolio) right? right?

Aiyo.. you think those big org will let newbie to shoot their event meh ? What if that newbie fxxked the shoot ? Or missed the crucial moment ? You can write in and test water, telling them you are newbie bla bla bla. U see how they response... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by house3377 View Post
    honestly nothing wrong in getting a free service. but do it correctly. get their staff to request such a service from someone THEY KNOW personally. not come to a public forum and request for it.

not sure if non profit org goes into other forums to ask for free things. maybe go hardwarezone.com ask epicentre give them free imac? or maybe ask a newbie shop in sim lim to give them free notebooks - i mean come on.... seriously.... newbie shop should give free right? this way you can attract more customers and built your reputation (portfolio) right? right?

We will stop freeloaders to come here exploiting our photographers; please alert admins and mods if you spot any.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    it has come to our attention that there are a number of people asking photographers/models to work for free/pittance because they are on a 'tight' budget.

please take note that CS strongly discourage asking photographers/models to work for free/pittance, unless it is for a charity or other noteworthy causes (subjected to prior approval by the CS Admins). such posts will be summarily deleted.

however, we can't stop our members offering free services, but we do hope they know what are doing.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

why this thread become in kpt??
    lol

because too off topic already lah.

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    why this thread become in kpt??
    lol

this the real facts, they do have budgets to hire professionals for some important events, as for the small scale events, they did not allocate any budget at all,
    if you already shoot for them free before, nobody will pay you even they have the budget. becos you are being labeled as FREE photographer.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast