Thread: Do you take out your battery from your camera when storing in dry cab?

Default Do you take out your battery from your camera when storing in dry cab?

As per thread title. Thanks.
    EOS - Erasing Our Savings

Default Re: Do you take out your battery from your camera when storing in dry cab?

if you did a word for word search based on your title, you will get the answer very fast....

anyway: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/canon...ry-camera.html
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Default Re: Do you take out your battery from your camera when storing in dry cab?

Never took them out.

I always leave a fully charged one in the cam just in case I'm in a hurry to get out & dun want to grab a cam without battery
    Unless I dun intend to shoot for a long time, I'll remove the battery
    Take the shot!

I shoot trial everyday so i never do that

Yes! i agree wif madmartian...i will always make it a point to ensure there is enuf battery life before i store into the dry box.unless know that i will not shoot like for 1 whole month or so,then i might take the battery out just to play safe.

Blog Entries

nope I never take out also =D
    Lousy de My Flickr

Flat lithium battery for digicam not likely to leak soon.

All others types:
    normal AA or AAA bty
    alkaline AA or AAA bty
    rechargeable AA or AAA bty
    especially button bty

it is good habit to take out of camera or accessory before putting in dry box.

why?
    they may leak
    you may forget about the camera/accessory after some time because you got a lot of stuff.
    the bty could be left inside for years

it is not the bty you are saving
    it is the camera/accessory that you are saving. Once leak, the TOXIC fluid that leaks out severely corrodes your camera electronic contacts.

DON'T touch this leaked fluid with your bare fingers.

Blog Entries

its just an old habit for me that i remove batteries from cameras and flash each time I am done
    in the past when we used those older button or cell batteries .... they can leak when left unused for a long long time and the leaking battery would corrode the battery contacts leading to repair job .... so its an old habit
    just a reflex action for me

i am sure battery technology is hugely better now
    Last edited by ed9119; 23rd February 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Thanks for all the valuable answers. Cheers.
    EOS - Erasing Our Savings

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFly3r View Post
    As per thread title. Thanks.
    Always

Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia View Post
    Always
    me too, always take out.

I don't take them out too, but I use my equipment quite regularly (at least several times a week for each camera). They only get taken out if it's in long-term storage of a month or more.

I always took out battery b4 keeping