Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make a lawyer pay...

Default Re: How to make a lawyer pay...

You may like to state clearly here:

The NAME of the lawyer.
    The IC number of the lawyer (if you can get it)
    Upload his photograph here.
    The LAW FIRM in which the lawyer is practising.
    How much he owes your wife.
    How many bounced cheques he has issued. Show uploaded photos of those bounced cheques here.

But if you are just using this forum to let off steam and console yourself but are actually afraid of offending the lawyer and will not do anything about it, then better to forget it.

My intuition tells me that you may be making use of the forum members' messages here - to show to the lawyer as a warning. But that is as far as it goes i.e. no further action will be taken by you against the lawyer. It may be that your wife does not want to risk losing a share-buying client.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 25th February 2012 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It may be that your wife does not want to risk losing a share-buying client.
    true. i believe that if he's messing around like that now, it's better to lose him than to continue suffering like that

Get another lawyer...

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    You may like to state clearly here:

The NAME of the lawyer.
    The IC number of the lawyer (if you can get it)
    Upload his photograph here.
    The LAW FIRM in which the lawyer is practising.
    How much he owes your wife.
    How many bounced cheques he has issued. Show uploaded photos of those bounced cheques here.

But if you are just using this forum to let off steam and console yourself but are actually afraid of offending the lawyer and will not do anything about it, then better to forget it.

My intuition tells me that you may be making use of the forum members' messages here - to show to the lawyer as a warning. But that is as far as it goes i.e. no further action will be taken by you against the lawyer. It may be that your wife does not want to risk losing a share-buying client.
    Hi Richoflex

Thanks for the reply. Sadly your intuition is wrong. I have no intention to mention any names as I believe it is useless. I don't see this as a way to let off steam too, not in a photography forum, and not in such ways you suggested. I am seeking for some legal and creative ways to help my wife. And yes if the house can help my wife, I would not be asking here. So what if you realized he is your neighbour after posting his particulars? Are you going to walk over and show him this thread?

This is the last time my wife will be doing his business. And many thanks to all others who replied. I guess the conclusion is really nothing much a dealer can do with it. The lawyer is already in the delinquent list.
    Last edited by Jarence76; 28th February 2012 at 08:44 PM.

complain to law soc... it'll help unless he doesn't mind being struck off the rolls..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Sounds like your wife needs to act quick. Once he's on the run or declares bankrupt.....his problem will be your problem

Bounced cheques happen all the time. The only chance to file a police report is with bounced "Cash" cheque & they call it CBT, criminal breach of trust as you take it in good faith as "cash" & even then it's civil case; you hire a lawyer.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

From what I know, if a customer dun pay up within the period allowed, the shares will be force sold at whatever the market price. Unless there is a market crash, the difference between the buy and sell cannot be that much as there is a trading limit for each customer.

Just my view here, the need for share remisier is rapidly diminishing. Internet trading is almost the norm these days. Even an old uncle can be seen sitting at McD trading shares with an ipad.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12