Thread: Buying filter from ebay

Default Buying filter from ebay

I bought a Hoya filter as I thought was value for money. When i was using with my lens, it suddenly fell to the floor and the thing broke.

I was wondering whether is it because I did not screw properly or is it because the filter is fake/subquality. Any expert to help?

Default Re: Buying filter from ebay

Since we cannot see the filter ... what to say? At least post a pic if the remaining, preferable with the labels / prints on the rim. But chances are, if the entire filter came off you did not screw it in properly.
    EOS

Default Re: Buying filter from ebay

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai View Post
    I bought a Hoya filter as I thought was value for money. When i was using with my lens, it suddenly fell to the floor and the thing broke.

I was wondering whether is it because I did not screw properly or is it because the filter is fake/subquality. Any expert to help?
    "Value for money" usually is fake. it probably fell cause it is not screwed in properly or the filter thread not enough to be screwed into the lens deep enough.

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai

I prefer to buy from amazon
    Equipment: D7000 - 18-55 - 55-200 - 50mm 1.8d - 30L Cabinet