Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fujifilm X-Pro1 : First Impressions at the Singapore Launch

Default Re: Fujifilm X-Pro1 : First Impressions at the Singapore Launch

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    Just came back from trying the xp1. Impressions from 10-minutes with it:

Lightweight but very solid build.
    I don't think I have large hands but I struggled with the layout of the controls - awkward button placement. Maybe the grip accessory will help.
    AF is OK, nothing really great.
    Did not really try MF.
    Felt the aperture ring a bit loose and the gap between aperture values was a bit too tight (18mm and 35mm lens).
    High ISO images very usable - tested at ISO 25,600.

The 18 and 35mm lens are really small and light. Lens hood visible thru the OVF.

Side-notes: I foresee many buying it just for the retro look, but will very quickly end up on BnS as it's not an easy camera to use.
    Lots of ppl trying it had this "where is the auto mode?" blur look.
    waiting for the many potential WTS posts. kekekkee
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    waiting for the many potential WTS posts. kekekkee
    different people different usage pattern and expectation.
    キヤノン 450D + 5D2 + 5D3 + 6D + 富士フイルム XP1 :)

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Im in Osaka now,

and One of the regular shops I bought my stuffs quote me

222500 YEN

for Body + 3 LENS (18mm , 35mm , 60mm ,)

So that works out to be around only

S$3435

I guess this is the Cheapest???
    This is a good price going japan soon hope that this price remain when i'm there. Will definetly buy
    5DmkIII, sigma 50f1.4, tokina 100f2.8,. 580exII

Quote Originally Posted by Parka

That price is quite amazing.

Singapore's retail is body for $2400, and each lens at $900-1000.
    So in theory, Singapore price is $5400.
    It show price is 4996 for body and all 3 lenses....

There's no doubt this is a very nicely built camera with nice looks and definitely class leading image quality, rivaling even FF ones....but sadly it's also almost FF pricing as well.

I guess the most hard to swallow feature is it's slow AF and it's "pro" pricing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
    There's no doubt this is a very nicely built camera with nice looks and definitely class leading image quality, rivaling even FF ones....but sadly it's also almost FF pricing as well.

I guess the most hard to swallow feature is it's slow AF and it's "pro" pricing...

A lot people complain that because of the slow AF, and comment it is over priced. I think this is perspective issue. Why not we look at this camera/lens combo as a cheaper alternative to Leica, with reasonable good IQ image close to Leica, and come with AF. That makes you better ?

Personally, I'd pay no more than $2K to 2.1K for the body. This is based on what other high end APS-C cameras are priced at when launched (~$1600). So add ~$400-500 due to it being a new camera type with different sensor algo (non-bayer).

Lenses probably around $750-850 each depending on performance. Pretty good lenses from other brands cost about there or higher.
    I'd expect the lenses to be good.

So total for camera and 3 lenses approx $4500, would be a 'reasonable' price price for me to buy one.

AF speed, I think is decent. Looks like it works well enough based on the videos I've seen.
    Not DSLR or EP3/G3 standard though, but should be ok to get most things done.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 9th March 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post
    A lot people complain that because of the slow AF, and comment it is over priced. I think this is perspective issue. Why not we look at this camera/lens combo as a cheaper alternative to Leica, with reasonable good IQ image close to Leica, and come with AF. That makes you better ?
    Not sure which cameras people are using to compare slow AF. In general, I find it quite ok to focus. Probably I am the type of aim, compose and shoot slowly type... lol
    And I pretty like the feel of the camera, taking into consideration of it's weight and body type. It is very good to bring for travel as well.
    キヤノン 450D + 5D2 + 5D3 + 6D + 富士フイルム XP1 :)

Thanks for the link to your review. Can i ask, how is the AF speed compared with Oly EPL1, if you have used b4

I've not used the EPL1 before.

Compared to X100 and GF1, X-PRO1 AF speed during OVF is slower.

I went out shooting today. Most of the time, I was a bit frustrated and was shooting with EVF mode.

Just for context, I don't feel as frustrated shooting OVF using X100.
    Strangely, I don't feel frustrated using GF1 with the slow moving 20mm lens also, mainly because I expected it to be slow.

In a certain way, your expectation of speed matters.
    I didn't expect X-Pro1 to be slower than X100 in OVF mode.

Just found out something about the AF speed.

If you have Power Save Mode on, the OVF AF speed will be much slower.
    If you have Power Save Mode off, the speed is quite close to X100.

I might have turned on the Power Save Mode on day 1, which explains the discrepancies I noticed between OVF AF speed difference.

for this price, the reasonable alternative for leica, at least for me is still the ricoh gxr with the m module...
    Why so serious... Son?

No, there's the Ricoh GXR which offers better value for money, and there's a 16MP module likely on the way.

I tried the cam today, and the EVF refresh rate is bloody slow and makes me wonder what is going on with it, or is there some mode where it is faster? Having tried the EVF from MFT cameras and the Sony NEX 7, the EVF on the XPro-1 is easily the slowest. You actually see a lag!

Stumbled upon Zack Arias' blog when googling for the XPro1
    Very very nice results: Blog • Photography By Zack Arias
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Will there be some small AF points in the OVF mode ??

morganoh , that price is really damn good ....mind if iask which shop in osaska ?
    Canon EOS 7D , Canon EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM , Canon EF24mm f/1.4L II USM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eijnaix View Post
    Will there be some small AF points in the OVF mode ??
    given that the OVF is not a through the lens view, you would expect that the field of view (FOV) given by the framelines shown in the OVF will not be exactly the same as the FOV through the lens. The same for the AF point... while their is an AF point, you would have to be a little careful that the actual AF may be on the object just to the side of (and behind) your intended subject, as seen through the OVF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK View Post
    given that the OVF is not a through the lens view, you would expect that the field of view (FOV) given by the framelines shown in the OVF will not be exactly the same as the FOV through the lens. The same for the AF point... while their is an AF point, you would have to be a little careful that the actual AF may be on the object just to the side of (and behind) your intended subject, as seen through the OVF.
    Damn....this is quite bad, isnt it....focusing on what you thought you are but when you are actually not !!! But this sound like something that can be improved over firmware.......

And any idea where can i test drive one ? I just been to Best Denki.....still not here yet =(

Quote Originally Posted by Eijnaix

Damn....this is quite bad, isnt it....focusing on what you thought you are but when you are actually not !!! But this sound like something that can be improved over firmware.......
    No. How?

Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    No. How?
    What do u mean?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast