Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    421

    Default SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    Hi guys..

    I missed the SG airshow yet again..

    Actually want to have a look at Eagle and MiG aerobatic show..

    Can anyone share your thoughts.. which is better and slicker in the sky (at the show)?
    ~PeaceNoWar~

  2. #2

    Default Re: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    Quote Originally Posted by intrance View Post
    Hi guys..

    I missed the SG airshow yet again..

    Actually want to have a look at Eagle and MiG aerobatic show..

    Can anyone share your thoughts.. which is better and slicker in the sky (at the show)?
    Looks can be decieving.There really is no better or slicker when both aircraft is used in real life combat for if you do research you will understand
    performance and survivability are two different things.The former is design and the latter is a matter of luck literally.As a combat pilot,your life
    can be over in a matter of seconds.It's a difference of who sees whom first whether visually or electronically and what evasive action or tactic
    the pilot uses.Take for example in word war2 the germans had the more superior jet engined ME262 but it came too late in the air war over
    Germany and it was misused as a land support aircraft (bomber) instead of a fighter during it's initial deployment plus the alliies were bombing
    it's factories and there were lack of experienced fighter pilots as most of them died in action defending Germany from day and night bombers and
    sheer numbers of escort fighters accompaning these bombers.In short the were out manned and outgunned despite superior aircraft.

    As for the F15 eagle it was concieved as an air superiority fighter meaning topgun while the MIG 29 that Malaysia has is an equivalent of the
    F16 in performance , a multi -role aircraft so it's really two different type of aircraft alltogether.The Sukoi 30 or 31 was the russian answer to the F15.Hope this helps.

  3. #3

    Default Re: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    On a further note,what acrobatic "dogfights" you see in movies that lasts a few minutes is all bullshit.It's over in a matter of seconds
    and both survivng parties would not want to hang around to be the next target.Get in and get out much like hit and run.You get to fight another day.
    It's straight and level flying with steep dives and turns.Sheer panic at all times and watching your team mates die.Very romantic is'nt it?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    I didn't see the airshow either but generally prefer the MiG-29 over F-15 in terms of visual sexiness based on air-frame alone.

    As for which is better you can draw your own conclusions from this panel of "experts"
    http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewt...order-asc.html

  5. #5

    Default Re: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    I don't think either aircraft was pushed to their limits during the aerial display and were just showing off plain vanilla moves. That aside, I think the armaments, avionics and weapons systems technology of the F15 is probably more advanced and may play a more critical role in real life combat situations, rather than the speed and agility of the aircraft per se.

  6. #6

    Default Re: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    I didn't see the airshow either but generally prefer the MiG-29 over F-15 in terms of visual sexiness based on air-frame alone.

    As for which is better you can draw your own conclusions from this panel of "experts"
    http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewt...order-asc.html
    Oh yeah the Fulcrum is a sexy beast.
    Too bad RMAF wants to replace them soon with the SU-30.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    Oh yeah the Fulcrum is a sexy beast.
    Too bad RMAF wants to replace them soon with the SU-30.
    Is okay, SU-30 very sexy also. lolol

  8. #8
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    Currently, the RSAF F15SG is the most advance in the F15 family.

    RMAF is replacing the MIG29 with new MMRCA and the contenders are Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale, Saab Gripen and Boeing FA18F in 2015.

    The RMAF SU30MKM has western avionics.

    Difficult to have a good aerobatic display because of airspace limitation and the need to stop civilian air traffic.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    421

    Default Re: SG Airshow: Eagle vs MiG

    guys, many thx for your thoughts and insights..

    Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post
    Looks can be decieving.There really is no better or slicker when both aircraft is used in real life combat for if you do research you will understand performance and survivability are two different things....

    As for the F15 eagle it was concieved as an air superiority fighter meaning topgun while the MIG 29 that Malaysia has is an equivalent of the
    F16 in performance , a multi -role aircraft so it's really two different type of aircraft alltogether.The Sukoi 30 or 31 was the russian answer to the F15.Hope this helps.
    yes.. very much agree on performance and survivability are two differents things.. thats the reason i indicate which is better at the show...
    i have read some forums and watch youtubes about the these planes and the comments posted/flamed are just bizarre.. its like camera brand wars but worst... LOL

    i dont know that Sukoi 30 is the answer to the US F15.. thank you


    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    I didn't see the airshow either but generally prefer the MiG-29 over F-15 in terms of visual sexiness based on air-frame alone.
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    Oh yeah the Fulcrum is a sexy beast.
    ...
    YES.. YES.. YES.. MIG is more sexy and better looking..

    and i still prefer F14's look over F15..

    Quote Originally Posted by esoeij View Post
    I don't think either aircraft was pushed to their limits during the aerial display and were just showing off plain vanilla moves.
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    ...
    Difficult to have a good aerobatic display because of airspace limitation and the need to stop civilian air traffic.
    ahhhh.. these i concur..
    thats meant.. aerobatic show cannot much determined which is better in the air, in term of maneuverability..
    ~PeaceNoWar~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •