Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by bryank View Post
    so after hearing the above, any updates on which dslr is he getting? haha.
    He already said A65...
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    NEver heard of before meh? aiyoh, so fast forget already....

Quote Originally Posted by Atarandas View Post
    I recall this was kenrockwells favorite camera a while ago
    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Yes the Nikon D60 exists, but performance wise it's quite far from the D7000

Like Rashkae, I believe he was referring to the Canon 60D.
    right bros! haha i thought he was talking about the 60D

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    He already said A65...
    Maybe he saved up for A77 already.

Quote Originally Posted by bryank

Maybe he saved up for A77 already.
    Hahas bro I wish

Hi guys, I'm in the midst of getting a Minolta 70-210mm f4.

But I feel as the beercan is bulky and heavy, I would need an additional walkabout lens.

With a budget of 200-300 which lens would u guys recommend? No need base price on a new lens, interested in 2nd hand prices.

Quote Originally Posted by GegeV2 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm in the midst of getting a Minolta 70-210mm f4.

But I feel as the beercan is bulky and heavy, I would need an additional walkabout lens.

With a budget of 200-300 which lens would u guys recommend? No need base price on a new lens, interested in 2nd hand prices.
    start a new thread in the Alpha Users sub-forum. your topic is different. you wouldn't get the exact answers you need too

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    He already said A65...
    wow, rashkae got suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by AwfulChoc

wow, rashkae got suspended.
    Suspended ? Why?

don't go off-topic... nothing to do here

How about getting one of these? :

Lytro
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    How about getting one of these? :

Lytro
    Too low res imo, I forgot how many MP it is, but I read somewhere that it was a pretty low res camera.

Yep. 1080x1080 I think. Anyway, since OP wants to try something different, just throwing it in for consideration.
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

Thanks for all the advise guys!

Got myself a 2mths old Sony A65 w/kit lens. Just wanted the body only actually. But 1 seller pulled out, whereas this seller only selling as a kit.
    Guess I will stick with this 18-55 for now.

First impressions... Didn't felt as heavy and bulky as I thought. Maybe becz of the material of the body I guess. The EVF is excellent, so is the LCD.
    Last edited by GegeV2; 29th February 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GegeV2

Got myself a 2mths old Sony A65 w/kit lens. Just wanted the body only actually. But 1 seller pulled out, whereas this seller only selling as a kit.

First impressions... Didn't felt as heavy and bulky as I thought. Maybe becz of the material of the body I guess. The EVF is excellent, so is the LCD.
    It's lighter as the mirror box mechanism is gone as well as the penta mirror for the ovf. Overall , you get a lighter package . Enjoy your cam and shoot more with it . Cheers
    Alpha and Omega

Well previously I had to make a choice between Sony A35 and Canon 600D. I chose canon because of the lens . Sony has far fewer lens , although Minolta lens are awesome, Sony does NOT service Minolta lens anymore even if you are willing to pay them(a photography teacher using Sony told me). Plus due to the translucent mirror which doesn't move instead of the flipping mirror in DSLR, you lose about 0.3 f stops. And I prefer optical viewfinder (seeing what the lens sees) than electronic viewfinder in Sony DSLTs(like looking through the eyepiece and seeing a small live view LCD). Other than these factors Sony DSLT range gives a better bang for your buck. However it all boils down to what you want. The A65 is an awesome camera in its own rights. 10fps, phase detection in video mode, EVF lets you see what you would get after hitting the shutter button (unlike OVF which shows you in actual colours and contrast but after you hit the shutter button you may get something different due light metering or non-full frame ect). Enjoy it!
    Last edited by NiceBokeh; 1st March 2012 at 07:13 AM.

Actually I thought he mentioned he wants something different from his mirrorless NEX...the Sony DSLT is very much like the NEX only the body and built is more like a DSLR. Since the way he will be framing his subject will be the same (EVF and live view) its still quite a similar world. But he gets the benefit of sharing those A mount lens with his NEX. If he really wants something different, get the canon which has OVF, the way you shoot will be much different. You will not rely on the exposure you see on the overall image seen in the EVF/liveview and will pretty much fully rely on the camera's light meter .

Quote Originally Posted by GegeV2

great! finally! hope you had a great time with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123