Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

  1. #21
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by GegeV2 View Post
    So what do you guys think? MAybe current users/the pros/anyone can advise me
    What we think does not matter. It is what you think that matters. Like you said.. it is all about personal preference... Technology has pretty much leveled the playing field for DSLRs.

  2. #22
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by bryank View Post
    if your intention is to upgrade why not get the best? because if you get the middle one due to budget, you will be thinking of upgrade soon after sometime. a77 will be better off a65 with consideration of the weather sealed body and much better performance and with that specs, it will last you longer before you upgrade again.
    If want to get the best (in Sony)... better wait till the A99 is released... which will be quite soon now.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    I voted for A65 too since A77 is out of your budget. But would advice that you go down the shop and test up these cameras yourself to see if it suits you.

    Not to forget adding in the Pentax K-5 in your selection too.
    Rhino bro is always as usual offering solid and unbiased advices. *thumbs up*

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    If want to get the best (in Sony)... better wait till the A99 is released... which will be quite soon now.
    then its going to be a waiting game. hee.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    u hv used d7k and d90 for some time n dun like it.
    u used ur nex5 for a like 2 yrs...
    if u like it, then keep usin it.
    mayb u wun like the a65 or canon also...

    nex7?
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

  6. #26

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    I mean, what I learnt of Technology all these years is that its a waiting game and unless you can afford it, then its hard to get "the best"

    Mayb in a few months time, I can get something better, but by the time i wait till then, i can get another "something better". so yea
    Last edited by GegeV2; 21st February 2012 at 11:35 AM.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    I mean, I will still use it. but as mentioned earlier (the reasons), getting something different is what i want.

    Quote Originally Posted by ijnek View Post
    u hv used d7k and d90 for some time n dun like it.
    u used ur nex5 for a like 2 yrs...
    if u like it, then keep usin it.
    mayb u wun like the a65 or canon also...

    nex7?

  8. #28

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Thanks guys for all your opinions!

    Reason why I need opinions is that, I'm decided between these 2 so far, and since I can't get both, i need ppl advice, in case I missed out anything (while researching or thinking through)

    So for now, I'm set on the SONY A65.

    I'm currently looking at my finances to see I can afford to get A77 in the mean time as well.

    And no, I won't be buying a brand new one. It just doesn't make sense to get a brand new one at the rate technology is moving

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GegeV2
    Thanks guys for all your opinions!

    Reason why I need opinions is that, I'm decided between these 2 so far, and since I can't get both, i need ppl advice, in case I missed out anything (while researching or thinking through)

    So for now, I'm set on the SONY A65.

    I'm currently looking at my finances to see I can afford to get A77 in the mean time as well.

    And no, I won't be buying a brand new one. It just doesn't make sense to get a brand new one at the rate technology is moving
    follow your own thoughts and go get it tiger.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I would recommend the Sony. Since you already use Sony, the interface would already make sense to you. Getting a camera of another brand can be confusing. I've used both Nikon and Canon at the same event once, and it was very confusing switching from one to the other. So don't get the Canon, it'll only confuse you since you have to remember and get used to 2 different interfaces, which can get very frustrating sometimes.
    Brad! long time no see!

    but the NEX interface can be $hit at times. that's why the NEX-7 seems to trump everyone else with the Tri-na'vi

  11. #31

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Pentax K-5 without a doubt.
    or
    Sony A65

  12. #32

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    surprised that a D7k or a D90 not suitable for you coz they are really good Nikon Cameras. The D60 is comparable but slightly below the D7000 performance wise. All these are pretty good cameras!
    D7000 + 50mm

  13. #33

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougs View Post
    surprised that a D7k or a D90 not suitable for you coz they are really good Nikon Cameras. The D60 is comparable but slightly below the D7000 performance wise. All these are pretty good cameras!
    Its not surprising, people have preferences afterall.
    Alpha and Omega

  14. #34

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougs View Post
    surprised that a D7k or a D90 not suitable for you coz they are really good Nikon Cameras. The D60 is comparable but slightly below the D7000 performance wise. All these are pretty good cameras!
    You mean 60D? Maybe he prefers the benefits of SLT and EVF.
    Alpha

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GegeV2
    Thanks guys for all your opinions!

    Reason why I need opinions is that, I'm decided between these 2 so far, and since I can't get both, i need ppl advice, in case I missed out anything (while researching or thinking through)

    So for now, I'm set on the SONY A65.

    I'm currently looking at my finances to see I can afford to get A77 in the mean time as well.

    And no, I won't be buying a brand new one. It just doesn't make sense to get a brand new one at the rate technology is moving
    Actually if u are concerned about rate of tech moving, then SLT is not the one u shld be getting. My advice is get a conventional DSLR with OVF. My short listed one is A580. In terms of tech, it has the features and yet its a conventional DSLR that will not get out dated.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougs View Post
    surprised that a D7k or a D90 not suitable for you coz they are really good Nikon Cameras. The D60 is comparable but slightly below the D7000 performance wise. All these are pretty good cameras!
    it all depends on ergonomics. the D60? i've not heard of such a camera before. so you're comparing the A65 to an imaginary camera?

  17. #37
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    it all depends on ergonomics. the D60? i've not heard of such a camera before. so you're comparing the A65 to an imaginary camera?
    NEver heard of before meh? aiyoh, so fast forget already....


  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    NEver heard of before meh? aiyoh, so fast forget already....
    I recall this was kenrockwells favorite camera a while ago
    Alpha and Omega

  19. #39

    Default Re: Upgrading from NEX5! Which DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    it all depends on ergonomics. the D60? i've not heard of such a camera before. so you're comparing the A65 to an imaginary camera?
    Yes the Nikon D60 exists, but performance wise it's quite far from the D7000

    Like Rashkae, I believe he was referring to the Canon 60D.
    Last edited by brapodam; 23rd February 2012 at 09:34 AM.

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88

    Actually if u are concerned about rate of tech moving, then SLT is not the one u shld be getting. My advice is get a conventional DSLR with OVF. My short listed one is A580. In terms of tech, it has the features and yet its a conventional DSLR that will not get out dated.
    so after hearing the above, any updates on which dslr is he getting? haha.
    Last edited by bryank; 23rd February 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •