Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: New Dry box from Carrefour - $99

  1. #1

    Default New Dry box from Carrefour - $99

    Better quality than the $88 bux one they sold. Lucky no stocks when i wanted to buy last time. Couldn't bring myself to buy their next higher range at $190 i think. So today went there after church and saw this new model from Digi Cabi selling at $99, with the humidity control resembling that of the $190 one, i will have to say it's a very good buy.

    Warranty - 5 years.
    PRice - $99 @ Carrefour for 57 litres


    Last edited by sapphire; 22nd July 2002 at 12:13 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    actually it is not new lah...
    carrefour used to sell it, I bought mine last yr from there.
    Has been working very well til now.

  3. #3

    Default

    that looks like the one I bought for $88

    'cept the control knob inside is more to the left?

  4. #4

    Default

    the $88 version has a more inferior motor system to dry the box, looks like a very simple device, this one has better quality

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    12,950

    Default

    seems worth it. mine's a 30L which I bought for the same price

  6. #6

    Default

    I went to Carrefour to take a look, apparently the $99 57litres dry cabinet was designed for putting in your CDs. (or that's what the salesman told me). The brandname is Digicab. It is very tall but the depth is very shallow

    I very much preferred the AM-PRO 40Litres dry cab which is 40cm X40cm X 52cm it seem to be better built and there were removable trays which made for easy removal of items. The handle was the full handle while the Digicab's handle was sort of like a small hinge (you gotta see it), there are also grooves on the trays of the AM-PRO to prevent any movement of the items inside, while the Digicab had a smooth metal tray, BUT but the AM-PRO was selling for $168 . Kinda disappointed.

    However, I decided to pop over to alley photo, which was very near carrefour, and saw that they were having a promotion for the Am-PRO 40 Litres at $99 Happily grabbed 1.
    Last edited by joyfulcity; 24th July 2002 at 08:03 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: New Dry box from Carrefour - $99

    Originally posted by sapphire
    Better quality than the $88 bux one they sold. Lucky no stocks when i wanted to buy last time. Couldn't bring myself to buy their next higher range at $190 i think. So today went there after church and saw this new model from Digi Cabi selling at $99, with the humidity control resembling that of the $190 one, i will have to say it's a very good buy.

    Warranty - 5 years.
    PRice - $99 @ Carrefour for 57 litres



    I am not using any of these dry cabinet. I use the drying rod which last more than 5years. The rod can be placed in any cupboard to convert it into a drying cabinet. Consume electricity at about $1.30 per month. Come in varying size. I trhink the name is "Damp-chaser"

  8. #8

    Default

    going to buy it tomorrow from Carrefour...with my $50 voucher...kekeke...so going to pay $49 for it.....

  9. #9

    Default

    Am-Pro Dry Cabinet (AD-040) 40 Litres
    bought from alleyphoto near carrefour @$99








    I am in no way affiliated to any shops and sorry for the lousy photoshop skills

  10. #10

    Default

    Managed to find photo of the carrefour dry cabinet



    Note the handle, I find the depth of the cabinet too shallow for me.

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by joyfulcity
    Am-Pro Dry Cabinet (AD-040) 40 Litres
    bought from alleyphoto near carrefour @$99








    I am in no way affiliated to any shops and sorry for the lousy photoshop skills
    i borrow your photo...ok?

  12. #12

    Default

    of course no prob
    Originally posted by eleewhm


    i borrow your photo...ok?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Got my Digi-Cabi from Carrefour just now. $99 for 57 litres.

    They have a lot of stock over there, I can see another 20 more or so.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    53

    Default

    pai seh, but what is the difference in litres of the dry box? less humidity for higer litres? pls enlighten....

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by jude
    pai seh, but what is the difference in litres of the dry box? less humidity for higer litres? pls enlighten....
    litre is the volumn / size of the drybox. Nothing to do with himidity.
    DR KOH KHO KING

  16. #16

    Default

    Bought the Am Pro from Alley Photo Suntec....better quality than the one selling at Carrefour.....and also deeper....Carrefour one Digicabi depth only slightly wider than a CD case...not deep enough if you cam is a SLR one...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •