Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intention of getting a new camera Backpack

Default Intention of getting a new camera Backpack

It show is coming, I will probably lookout for my Camera bag and tripod there. I heard there will be good price for them. My set up would be just my 600d, 3 lens, one 14 inch laptop and some documents. Hopefully there is a compartment for me to hook my tripod behind the bag and I am considering between a KATA, Lowerpro or Thinktank. Purpose is for travelling around, cannot be too big. Any brands or model you guys would recommend me! Hoping to hear good personal review and experience on camera bag. Good day. Cheers

Default Re: Intention of getting a new camera Backpack

Bad idea. These shows have limited models, limited brands and any brand with promotion will only push what is left on the shelf.
    We have some very good shops where you can check the backpacks and try for yourself. My recommendation: Orient Photo. Surprisingly, the last time I went to Alan Photo in Funan nobody harassed me and I had plenty of time to check various bags. The same goes for tripods. There is a guide in the equipment section ('Others') where you can read up about the basics. Then define needs and weight of your equipment and visit the shops. Much better than squeezing in the crowd .. (although, some guys like it .. )
    EOS

Another shop to consider is TK Foto

Ohhh I have already decided on the SIRUI tripod. For the Bag, there are so many choices out there. I went Cathay photo to take a look, I walk where, the salesperson follow me where. Wah I feel v pressurised.

Any recommendation, my free canon bag is too small for my stuff already
    Last edited by justsochubby; 19th February 2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justsochubby View Post
    You can take a look at Kata 3n1-11 or 3n1-22 should be enough for your needs and not too big.

3N1-11 For DSLR W/mid-range Zoom Lens+ 1-2 Lenses+flash - DPS | Kata Bags

3N1-22 For DSLR W/mid-range Zoom Lens+ 3-4 Lenses+flash - DPS | Kata Bags

Quote Originally Posted by justsochubby
    Besides kata, u can look at vanguard. V good quality with good stitching. It's heavy though, due to the paddings

Think tank. the way to go.

ohhh! I saw the Kata one on the site. I will still wait for the IT SHOW, before I head down the other camera shops. Hopefully they mark down the prices of the bags and tripod. HAHA

the only Thinktank backpack that can fit a 14" laptop is the Streetwalker HardDrive. I have this bag, and it is HUGE! You definitely need to try it before you get one.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

It show is coming, I will probably lookout for my Camera bag and tripod there. I heard there will be good price for them. My set up would be just my 600d, 3 lens, one 14 inch laptop and some documents. Hopefully there is a compartment for me to hook my tripod behind the bag and I am considering between a KATA, Lowerpro or Thinktank. Purpose is for travelling around, cannot be too big. Any brands or model you guys would recommend me! Hoping to hear good personal review and experience on camera bag. Good day. Cheers
    If you want to buy a camera bag and tripod, DON'T go there (IT show). If you look ard hard enough most other shops price are much better than the ones in the show. With the exception of lowepro from Cathay which may have some really good priced items...

Do your homework and check carefully before attempting to buy from Lau Int'l
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Besides kata, u can look at vanguard. V good quality with good stitching. It's heavy though, due to the paddings
    Second that. They make great bags

ohhh! I saw the Kata one on the site. I will still wait for the IT SHOW, before I head down the other camera shops. Hopefully they mark down the prices of the bags and tripod. HAHA
    Not to burst your hopes.

Bags and tripods don't have sale prices during IT shows. The prices are always consistent, according to my own experience.

No need to wait. Just get it. Not expensive anyway.

Anyway,the IT show March of last year did not feature a lot of camera bags...Just the usual suspects...Vanguard & what have you.As for tripods I didn't see any good or attractive deals on them & I am not veri sure about the coming one at Suntec City whether any good offers or not.Unless you don't mind the crowd,it wouldn't hurt to go down to take a look & have a better idea first before deciding.

Ohhh I have already decided on the SIRUI tripod. For the Bag, there are so many choices out there. I went Cathay photo to take a look, I walk where, the salesperson follow me where. Wah I feel v pressurised.
    Go Funan challenger bah. The sales there usually don't bother about the bags' section. But of course don't buy there.

if you have already decided on sirui, juz.go TK and find uncle philip.. i juz bought mine.. lol
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie

Go Funan challenger bah. The sales there usually don't bother about the bags' section. But of course don't buy there.
    lol.. wad an advise but gd idea..

if u really wan to buy, pm me la.. i gt member.. lol
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    lol.. wad an advise but gd idea..

if u really wan to buy, pm me la.. i gt member.. lol
    dun buy at challenger la, the shops below have better pricing, no need so called "member"

Quote Originally Posted by strikeback4

dun buy at challenger la, the shops below have better pricing, no need so called "member"
    lol.. i use the membership for some other stuff la; never bot camera equipment from them before.. LOL
    Alpha

i rather u buy everything from TK photo, you can find everything there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast