2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better

2 100.00%
  • Worse

0 0%
  • No difference

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Chiropractic for our backs, it works for me, anyone else have good or bad experiences

Thumbs up Chiropractic for our backs, it works for me, anyone else have good or bad experiences

I have a bad right shoulder/neck for many years, hospitals will only give me cream even after X-ray is taken.

After buying a Groupon Chiropractic deal for 4 sessions, the discomfort left after 1 session. Of course I have to pay the full amount after the deal is over. Now, after 7 sessions, I can see improvement, better sitting and walking posture too.

Anyone else have similar good or bad experiences?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chiropractic for our backs, it works for me, anyone else have good or bad experie

i've been on a chiropractor for close to 5 years now. no more lower back pains.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Default Re: Chiropractic for our backs, it works for me, anyone else have good or bad experie

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    i've been on a chiropractor for close to 5 years now. no more lower back pains.
    5 years?!?! Isnt that Costly? Mine is 3 times per week at $90 per session, xiong!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zane80 View Post
    5 years?!?! Isnt that Costly? Mine is 3 times per week at $90 per session, xiong!!
    i learned how to properly train my muscles. now i got no more back pain (:

never used chiropractors.

I have a slipped disc and learnt to live with the discomfort. Unless the chiro can realign my slipped disc, anything else is just a temporary relief. I do not know how bad ur shoulder is but I would think if it is not too bad, just learn to deal with the discomfort and get the occasional relief.

Any good ones to recommend?

Blog Entries

I have used a Chiro a few times..... mainly to adjust a bad posture ..... it works

DOnt go there expecting a full-body massage
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

i just go to a massage parlor. get the right ones. not the ones that always ask if you want the "special"

i work out quite a fair bit, and usually massages work to loosen the tightness.

however, if it's an injury, a chiropractor would be better. Chinese tuina will help too

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I have a slipped disc and learnt to live with the discomfort. Unless the chiro can realign my slipped disc, anything else is just a temporary relief. I do not know how bad ur shoulder is but I would think if it is not too bad, just learn to deal with the discomfort and get the occasional relief.
    My shoulder and neck is really bad sometimes after a day and I dun want to live with it forever, but now it is getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG View Post
    Any good ones to recommend?
    I can recommend mine at City Hall which is doing a good job so far with certifications, and I will also be looking at others to see if there are any difference. Chiropractic is mainly to correct yr spine, I have spine problems as well.

I went to a trial at thebodyclinic which focus more on correcting your muscles but not spine which is quite good too but more expensive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zane80 View Post
    i signed up their package deals which lower the costs per visit.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Blog Entries

I use Chiropractic First
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

not very sure how bad is the condition of you guys

maybe can try SMFR, Self-Myofascial Release Techniques?
    is like cheap DIY massage

i do them on alternate days and it work pretty well for me
    a yoga mat + foam roller for the back and legs
    tennis / golf balls for smaller area

Most back problems are due to bad posture or worn discs.

Stepping back.

The cause of the above are mostly due to lack of exercise resulting in weak muscles causing the joints to take the load instead of muscles and wearing out the joint tissues. How often have you heard manual workers having such complaints? Theirs would be strained muscles.

One way to fix these problems is to regain the muscular strength. Of course means exercise for strength and stretching.

Swimming is about the best for such as it is non-impact and with the freestyle stroke, the overhead arm movement works the back very well.

I have minor spondylitis. Mainly postural induced and from 30 years of no exercise and it gave me a permanent neck and upper right shoulder ache.

Took up swimming, been 2 months, the aches are almost gone, comes back only if I look left and up for prolonged periods. Also adjusted computer monitor positions and remember to sit straight.

The swimming is not intense, although recommended is about 20 laps, i do about a hour for 6-8 laps with stops between, fitness level too low to push more. Started once a week, now doing 2-3 times.

Results cab be seen with this small effort. You should try. Painkillers are just bad news.

Blog Entries

agree with swimming. its actually a really good way of getting your body back in shape

Forgot to mention that I did use chiropractic massage and acupuncture.

Feels great n pain gone after each session but returns after a few days. No longer doing this.

I'll say to use this to relieve the pain, if it's really bad, while you do the exercises which is the permanent solution.