Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May... WINNERS announced!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK
    Last day of submissions today. So this thread will be closed at 2359hr today (Friday 13 April).

Shortlisted candidates by CS will be forwarded to IPA where a winner will be choosen, and announced and notified (via pm) by Friday 20 April.
    Thankz
    Last edited by jaiyen; 13th April 2012 at 09:34 AM.

Default Re: IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May... LAST DAY for submissions

I would like to use photography to show people the unseen side of Singapore. Also to archive current situation we are in, for the future generation to see.

How i expect this workshop to help me:
    I would like to know more about using photography more effectively as a communication tools for archiving the sight of my generation.

Night Walk
    Passed Midnight in Shanghai, i was walking toward the Bund, toward the brightness of the Oriental Pearl Tower...
    While a man is walking away from the brightness and toward the darkness.
    A city so bright, one need to find dark corner to sleep

Not Alone
    A kitten sleep on the homeless lady. A companion to remind her, she is not alone.
    Millions flood to the big cities in China from the rural area, with limited skill(s). Some sort out rubbish for recycle companies in the night & sleep in the park in the day.
    Notice her shoes are Men Shoes...

On The Floor
    A lot of us never notice what is happening below our knee level; as we rush on with our daily life...
    Or we spotted something, but we rush off...?

Brothers
    Was at Sentosa; spotted these cute brothers so i asked their father for permission to shoot & he agreed.
    i was trying to ask the 2 kids to pose for me but they keep doing their own things...later on, i realized the two brothers don't understand English. They are Swiss.
    but i think the shoot is candid.

Rainbow Merlion
    Frankly i still don't understand why we have a weird creature that is "Puking" into the Sea, as our Tourism mascot...
    i can understand the "lion-head" & the "Fish- body"...but it Puke...& Puke...& Puke...
    Anyway, i like the glare in this photo & the gentleman (Tourist) trying to take a shot of the beloved "Puking" mascot...

Thanx for viewing.
    Don't Snap like a child, Don't shoot like a tourist !

Default Re: IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May... LAST DAY for submissions

Why would you like to receive this sponsorship to attend IPA Street Photography Workshop?
    I love observing human behaviour, and this workshop could just make me more observant of the characters in our daily lives, and make images that tell a unique story on their own.

Last edited by laokayu; 13th April 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Thank you all for your excellent submissions.

This thread is now closed for judging. The winner will be announced and notified (via pm) by Friday 20 April.

Submissions:
    Name / Quote / 5 pictures

1. recap / Y / Y
    2. nordleadx / Y / Y
    3. kibosh / Y / Y
    4. darkone / Y / Y
    5. hellfire88 / Y / Y
    6. Ttloong / Y / N (links are dead)
    7. TheoDR / Y / Y
    8. Royale With Cheese / Y / Y
    9. 29tim05 / Y / Y
    10. picdiary / Y / Y
    11. dookiedookdook / Y / Y
    12. Pixelmunky / Y / Y
    13.Redsun / Y / Y
    14. archlover / Y / Y
    15. inrewind / Y / Y
    16. analox / Y / Y
    17. watzzup / Y / Y
    18. PhotoProZero / Y / Y
    19. PedroMonteiro / Y / Y (edited post to link images)
    20. xsaifuddin / Y / Y
    21. Shahrie / Y / Y
    22. squelch / Y / Y
    23. iamwasti / Y / Y (edited post to link images)
    24. theRenaissance / Y / Y
    25. kaxdd / Y / Y
    26. PapaLi / Y / Y
    27. larrytok / Y / Y
    28. naomi7115 / Y / Y
    29. jaiyen / Y / Y
    30. weiteck / Y / Y
    31. laokayu / Y / Y
    Last edited by Cactus jACK; 14th April 2012 at 01:30 AM.

Blog Entries

On behalf of ClubSNAP (CS) and the Invisible Ph t grapher Asia (IPA), I would like to thank all the 31 participants in this photo competition for an exclusive sponsorship* to participate in the IPA Street Photography Workshop Singapore on 12th-13th May, 2012 with fees waived.

* Sponsorship includes workshop fees only, and does not include travel, accommodation and other costs incurred by the participant.
    The value of the sponsorship cannot be converted to cash, vouchers, or any other services.
    The sponsorship is not transferrable.

The quality of the entries were very good, which made things very difficult for the CS judging panel to shortlist the entries to the Top5. While judging can be very subjective, we had 6 CS judges with Street, Travel and Photojournalism background to help with the shortlisting. In the end, we compromised for a Top6 instead, as there was a tie for 5th place.

And again, on behalf of CS, I would like to congratulate the following CSers for making the shortlist (in alphabetical order):
    archlover
    kibosh
    nordleadx
    recap
    Royale With Cheese
    therenaissance

The shortlist will be forwarded to Kevin Lee (IPA) for him to select the winner of the exclusive sponsorship to participate in the IPA Street Photography Workshop. The winner will be announced and notified (via pm) by Friday 20 April.

A big thanks to Cactus Jack & the CS panel who shortlisted the top 6 entries. You've certainly made our job of selecting the final winner very tough. The 6 shortlist are all equally great prospects. After much deliberation, we have decided to award the Sponsored seat to Nordleadx. However, due to the fact that CS's 10th anniversary coincides with IPA's own 2nd anniversary, we have decided to award one more sponsorship to Kibosh. Both Nordleadx and Kibosh show a unique view of the world through their photographs. Their accompanying text also appealed to us. With the workshop sponsorship, we hope to be a guide and companion in their continuing journey as street photographers. Congratulations Nordleadx and Kibosh - Please contact us via email: workshop@invisiblephotographer.asia & see you at the workshop!

Thanks once again Clubsnap and everyone who participated in this!

Blog Entries

Congratulations all 6 finalists.... u dewds did great and especially congratulations to Nordleadx and Kibosh
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

congratulations to Nordleadx and Kibosh
    but i must say that the standard of work displayed by all the entries are of a high standard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123