Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May... WINNERS announced!!

Default Re: IPA to sponsor 1 CSer for the IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May

I have always been interested in street photography and hope to use this workshop to improve my technique and skills in this genre

Default Re: IPA to sponsor 1 CSer for the IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May

Lately i've been losing my passion for photography, so i guess i need a spark, a kick starter

nt

nt

nt

nt

nt

"Photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event" - Henri Cartier-Bresson.
    As such, I am intrigued in learning to recognise or at least anticipate that moment.

Human Traffic in Amber Fort by inrewind, on Flickr

Bali Kids by inrewind, on Flickr

Overloading by inrewind, on Flickr

Sentosa by inrewind, on Flickr

Inside the Palace of Versailles by inrewind, on Flickr

1) Reason: I'm a self-taught young photographer who wants to discover my own definition of street photography. It has been in the past three years. And I still keep searching. At some point, a fresh and external input from the workshop could help me to see it clearer. Lastly, think I should start submitting my work and share with other great fellow street photographers on CS, rather than keep them in my harddrive.

2) My top 5 pictures

The eyes

Train in Singapore

"Precious Moment"

Street in Frankfurt

Wake up

Hi, i tried once but no reply for the sponsorship. So i am trying again.
    To better myself in the art of street photography.
    To find my style. To see what i've been missing in the street.

#3 CHOOSE ME CHOOSE ME!!! hahaha..

I have googled "Street Photography" many times and there are so many definitions and variations out there. I want to learn more and understand from various sources what they deem Street Photography is and how one can be a creative when framing. I have not done 'Street Photography' until last year. I have problems with framing / composition. Being the "scaredy cat", I prefer to shoot subjects from afar (that's when I realize I do not have a tele zoom lens when I need one!), hiding away in a small corner or behind a wall to shoot. Even when doing so, i get worried that I may be caught shooting! But I do admire how others can do shoot at ease, create a winning shot within a few secs. I know that there is no fast strict rules and regulations in Street Photography, but I'd like to learn and hope the veterans can share their experiences on the usual dos and don'ts in this area.

Here are my Top 5s:

1) During Thaipusam, Feb 2012

2) Lake Toba, 2011

3) Night Shoot

4) Nun @ Angkor Wat

5) Exploring Cebu

Thanks!
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

A lot of great street shots here!

Blog Entries

Keep those entries coming in.
    Lack of 5 good shots? Just go out and photograph.
    You can always start now.

Don't own a leica, DSLR or compact? just use your mobile phone.

All the best!!

One of my favourite quotes on street photography comes from Garry Winogrand: "I photograph to see what the world looks like in photographs." I love how photography preserves but, at the same time, transforms street life and street diversity. This workshop is a great oportunity for learning how to better observe the street scenery - and thus how to better photograph it.

Here are my five favourite street shots.

# 1: Memories from Marrakech

Memories from Marrakech (4) by Pedro Manuel Monteiro, on Flickr

# 2: Mummy, I have cleanned the street

Maman, j'ai déjà aspiré la rue by Pedro Manuel Monteiro, on Flickr

# 3: Generational gap

Generational gap by Pedro Manuel Monteiro, on Flickr

# 4: Film enthusiasm

Nikon FE stands for Film Enthusiasm (29) by Pedro Manuel Monteiro, on Flickr

# 5: Uncertain

Felino 08 (5) by Pedro Manuel Monteiro, on Flickr

Thank you!
    Last edited by Cactus jACK; 14th April 2012 at 01:13 AM.

I want to go to IPA Street Photography Workshop because I need to re-fine my editing process.

Street photography is my life now and I need this workshop to learn how to tell stories through images. I am getting tired of explaining my photos in words to people.

Rush Hour

Train Ride

Making Way

Pray

Streets on Water
    500px Mobile “The most important things in life aren't things”

Photography is a universal language that transcends boundaries. The camera is my paintbrush, and I am the storyteller. Let me tell your story...

Reminiscing

The Confrontation

A Walk In Florence

Wake Up!

Look Here...

Why I want this sponsorhip ? It is because Street Photography is very much linked with my passion with culture and people. Everywhere I go, I am curious to know the story behind of every image.

1. Unite!

2. Against Mainstream

3. Manual Tap Water

4. Get In Line!

5. Girl Talk
    Last edited by Cactus jACK; 14th April 2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: image not shown in previous email thread

Street photography to me entails a recognition of the various entrances and exits within the many urban stages, and I want to be able to refine my eye and capture these fleeting intricacies.

( Documenting the Human Condition | Flickr )

1) Tell us why - why you would like to receive this sponsorship to attend IPA Street Photography Workshop;
and

IPA is an avenue for street photography and visual journalism. I hope that the workshop will be able to teach me more in-depth knowledge of seeing Asia through another perspective as an Asian.

2) Post your top 5 pictures.

a. Against all odds and warnings

b. Professionalism despite the lack of crowd

c. Brothers not in arms

d. Alone

e. Our folks seemed to be stuck in old times while the world continues it globalization and modernization

Hello, I would like to receive this sponsorship to attend IPA Street Photography Workshop becoz I want to deepen the knowledge and sharpen the skills in photograpy. In really believe that any knowledge and skill have no limits. To that if I were to be selected to this workshop, not only I will be able to gain a great experience but also making new friends and be able to enjoy in what we love doing.

Street Vendor; Thailand.

Fishmonger; Sarawak.

The Backalley Brothers; Joo Chait Lane.

My Time; Malacca.

The Sentence; Jakarta.

Why?
    1) i have always been intrigued by the works of Henri cartier bresson, and this has really sparked the interest of street photography in me, prompting me to change my style of shooting and improve my skills.
    I have always been a self-taught photographer since photographing about 3 + years ago. Having such an opportunity would definetely improve my street photography even further on.

2)Entries, let my photos speak for themselves:

M10|M6 Millenium|50mm f1 e58|35 f1.4 FLE|35mm f2 V1 germany|15mm V f4.5 VIII|50mm Zeiss f2

Never knew what is my preference in photography, I only know I enjoy shooting what I see..what I feel as an record of my daily life or when I travel..
    One day someone mentioned that my style are more into street photography which is a whole new term to me..

With this sponsored workshop I hope to gain a more in-depth knowledge in street photography and seeing things in new perspective and taking photos that touches people's heart.

hi, to all members and senior here. Streets photography to me is " It's begin once you stepped out of your house." pray pray pray thanks.

Am still quite new to dslr...hope the image is ok...but I would believe that composition and ideas is more important.

Blog Entries

Last day of submissions today. So this thread will be closed at 2359hr tonight (Friday 13 April).

Shortlisted candidates by CS will be forwarded to IPA where a winner will be choosen, and announced and notified (via pm) by Friday 20 April.

How to apply :
    1) Tell us why - why you would like to receive this sponsorship to attend IPA Street Photography Workshop;
and
    2) Post your top 5 pictures – preferably street photographs, but we will accept all genres.

If you are having trouble posting your pictures on this thread (regardless or membership term or post count), pls see here - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/range...ctures-cs.html
    Last edited by Cactus jACK; 13th April 2012 at 09:26 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast