Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May... WINNERS announced!!

Blog Entries

Default IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May... WINNERS announced!!

Invisible Photographer Asia (IPA) in partnership with CS is offering an exclusive sponsorship* to one CS member photographer to participate in the IPA Street Photography Workshop Singapore on 12th-13th May, 2012 with fees waived.

* Sponsorship includes workshop fees only, and does not include travel, accommodation and other costs incurred by the participant.
    The value of the sponsorship cannot be converted to cash, vouchers, or any other services.
    The sponsorship is not transferrable.

Application is open to ClubSNAP members only - Singapore and International photographers may apply.
    Submission will be open till Friday, 13th April 2012

How to apply :
    1) Tell us why - why you would like to receive this sponsorship to attend IPA Street Photography Workshop;
and
    2) Post your top 5 pictures – preferably street photographs, but we will accept all genres.

CS will shortlist the top 5 applications.
    IPA will thereafter award the sponsorship to one of the shortlisted candidates.
    Last edited by Cactus jACK; 17th April 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: IPA to sponsor 1 CSer for the IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May

Date : Saturday 12th – Sunday 13th May 2012

Duration : 2 Days/16 hours (8hours/Day)

Workshop Venue : IPA Gallery, 77 South Bridge Road #02-01 Singapore 058707

Instructor : Kevin WY Lee
    More details on the official workshop page : IPA Street Photography Workshop Singapore | 12th-13th May, 2012 | Invisible Ph t grapher Asia

About the Workshop : An extensive 2 day workshop designed and produced by Invisible Ph t grapher Asia for intermediate photographers who want to appreciate and explore street photography, develop their own skills, and begin their journey as a street photographer. The 2-day (16-hours) course will cover :
    • An introduction to Street Photography
    • A brief history
    • Contemporary Street Photography
    • Techniques and tips
    • Extensive practical photography out on Singapore streets
    • Image critique and review

Workshop Requirements
    • Intermediate photography skills – you know how to take pictures.
    • A digital camera with a 35mm focal length lens. You may use a 50mm to 20mm lens (nothing longer or wider), but we strongly recommend a 35mm.
    • A laptop with photo-editing software.
    • Comfortable shoes & a good dose of curiosity.

About the Invisible Ph t grapher Asia : A leading platform for photography, Invisible Photographer Asia (IPA) was founded in 2010 as an advocate for street photography and visual journalism in Asia. The IPA website (Invisible Ph t grapher Asia) – featuring photography articles and work from emerging photographers – serves a rapidly growing community of followers in Asia and beyond.
    Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/invisiblephotographer

A great street photography workshop that will make you work your ass off. Lol

Default Re: IPA to sponsor 1 CSer for the IPA Street Photography Workshop 12-13 May

How do you apply?

Read up the first post properly.

It didnt mention the method of submission.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vincentsohjh View Post
    How do you apply?
    Quote Originally Posted by vinwin View Post
    It didnt mention the method of submission.
    Pls submit on this thread.

How to apply :
    1) Tell us why - why you would like to receive this sponsorship to attend IPA Street Photography Workshop;
and
    2) Post your top 5 pictures – preferably street photographs, but we will accept all genres.

1. I love photographing life on the street throughout the world, and I desperately need a fresh intake of visual thought.

Novices at play. Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar. (Leica M9, 50/1.4 Asph)

All In A Day's Work. New York City, NY. (Leica M9, 35/1.4 Asph FLE)

Imagination At Dusk. Bandipur, Nepal. (Nikon D3X, 24-70 AF-S @ 24mm)

Life In Slow Motion, Tanjong Pinang, Indonesia (Leica M9, 28/2.8 Asph)

Singapore Dreaming, Holland V, Singapore (Leica M9, 35/1.4 Asph)

Oh well, I don't expect anything out of this, but a friend told me I should start submitting stuff instead of keeping it under wraps. Cheers and good luck to everyone!

I have never attended any former training or had any pro guidance in photography. As a sound guy I know nuts about photography and since started 5 years or so , I never use ,own or has the ability to buy a camera ,but I always have the urge to record the pulses of every moment out in the streets. Out of the messiness , there's always a rhythm, a beat that I am always hungry for . A moment where everything falls into the groove and things gets really groovy .

Hope can pick up some skills and tips
    Last edited by nordleadx; 20th February 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Reason(s): Being a (often) broke student who never really could afford to attend courses, I have always sought to pick up photography pointers from examining photos from the various photographers that I like and thinking about what it is technically that made the particular shot good. From time to time, I have tried to incorporate some of these aspects into my own work (i.e. ensure that my photos tell a story). Hence, I will like to attend this course so that I can be properly directed in my learning, rather than depend solely on my own conjecture.

all decked out - Barefooted Indian Ladies on board a Ferry from Mumbai to Elephanta Island

Darjeeling Despair - The (once) pictureseque hill station of Darjeeling is now home to an influx of migrant workers

Boy sitting a barber shop in Manali, India whittling his time away.

Old lady in Chengdu, China trying to make a living from selling discarded old newspapers

pugilistic looking beggar in Chengdu, China

Thanks for the kind consideration.
    Last edited by kibosh; 20th February 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Street photography is new to me, but it holds a very raw and emotional appeal. 99% of the street shots will fail, but the one decisive moment never seize to capture my imagination. I hope to translate my vision into powerful images that tell a story, and I hope to learn from the best to realize this dream.

Girl smoking, Istanbul

Shoe shiner, Istanbul

Unknown boy, Istanbul

Boy fishing, Istanbul

Quiet reflections, Istanbul
    Last edited by darkone; 20th February 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Reason: I will love to learn more about street photography and improve my skills. Being a student, all the knowledge I have comes from google. I look at street photographs that I like and try to learn about the reasons why it is a good photograph. I do not have any form of formal training/education on street photography and I hope that this will be a chance for me to learn and become a better street photographer.

Last edited by hellfire88; 22nd February 2012 at 09:37 PM.

WHY: Street photography is a personal journey, I hope to excel to the next level by going through the IPA workshop.

1)
    People Daily 2011 by TTL!, on Flickr

2)

3)
    Thaipusam 2012, Singapore by TTL!, on Flickr

4)
    Fluidity of Life by TTL!, on Flickr

5)
    Last edited by Ttloong; 23rd February 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Why: I enjoy street photography and the story-telling potential that photographs in this genre have. Receiving sponsorship for the IPA Street Photography Workshop would definitely help to open my eyes wider!

1) Patience in the subway

2) Thank you

3) Easy peasy

4) Generation gapless

5) Perspective
    Last edited by TheoDR; 23rd February 2012 at 04:50 PM.
    My photo page: TDR Photography

Quote Originally Posted by nordleadx View Post
    I have never attended any former training or had any pro guidance in photography. As a sound guy I know nuts about photography and since started 5 years or so , I never use ,own or has the ability to buy a camera ,but I always have the urge to record the pulses of every moment out in the streets. Out of the messiness , there's always a rhythm, a beat that I am always hungry for . A moment where everything falls into the groove and things gets really groovy .

Hope can pick up some skills and tips
    woah si fu going all out

I want to be truly invisible

1. Heading Home

2. Portraits

3. Dressed To Kill

4. Midday Glare

5. Cold Walk Home

I want to learn and explore to use my camera to capture "Great Stories from the street if life" where share with many people in my life.

Last edited by 29tim05; 2nd March 2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Open My Eyes That I May See Wonderful Things In Your Law - Psalms 119:18
    Through My Len

Reason: Photography is a passion for me, to be able to attend the Street Photography workshop enable me to exchange ideas and creativity to further the path of photography for me.

Pic#1 : Stakeboarding

Pic#2 : Balestier Estate

Pic#3 : Sport Hub

Pic#4 : Central Market, Budapest

Pic#5 : City Tram
    Last edited by picdiary; 3rd March 2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Add photo link

I want to better convey that smell, taste and touch I experience behind the camera.

Last edited by dookiedookdook; 4th March 2012 at 01:09 PM.

I always wanted to attend a street photography workshop from IPA. Because i couldn't afford it, i hope i to get this sponsorship and learn from IPA.

1) All He Ever Wanted

2) Be water, My Friend

3) We Don't Talk Anymore

4) Peek-A-Boo

5) Untitled

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast