Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

  1. #41
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    I think to be fair for all, we should curse the act not the nation or race.
    Agree, good point. But I'm cynical; humans will always find ways to assert dominance over another , whether in peacetime or war.

    Nothing about culture , race or nationality. Humans are just very able to construct ways of demeaning or destroying their fellow beings once the norms of society are removed

  2. #42
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    History must be remembered. What has happen does not make us forget but we must move on and forgive. The new generation did not commit those crimes.

    Many people, including those living in Singapore have witnessed and experienced the Japanese occupation. They have forgiven and their wish is the same should be befall on their next generations nor on others.

    For this who live in denial, we cannot let them be or even let them feel it is OK.

  3. #43
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua182 View Post
    japs are wankers and they're going to die of radiation so there.
    Retribution for what they hv done!

  4. #44
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Retribution for what they hv done!
    I wonder what retribution would they reap for creating Nikon, Canon, Oly, and Pentax. Oh especially that flagship Cams... D1, D2, D2X, ..... they should indeed rot in hell... Although I don't mind the D2X, but since I was outbid for the Pentax used by certain nightmare user.... grr...
    Last edited by Foxshade; 30th September 2013 at 03:21 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  5. #45
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    WW3 between Japs and Chinese right here in CS??

  6. #46
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    seen these videos too many times since young. doesn't affect me much.
    genetic influence, i guess.

  7. #47
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    WW3 between Japs and Chinese right here in CS??
    Nope, the Japanese has created hardship not only to Chinese but many others races in Asia. World war 2 is not confined to just Japanese. Similar discussion are also being discussed in Europe on the German. However, how one deal with this issue is the contention now.

  8. #48
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    genetic influence, i guess.
    Can you elaborate a bit further? A bit of a sweeping statement ..
    EOS

  9. #49

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Retribution for what they hv done!
    USA nuclear bombed hiroshima and nagasaki.. only 1 A-bomb would've been sufficient to bring japan to its knees, but USA decided to try both anyway, cos both bombs are of different configurations (different detonation methods), and what better way to try it out then in a real war. besides, there's a need to revenge pearl harbor as well.. so they exchange afew thousand lives in pearl harbour for the nearly a hundred thousand more lives in Nagasaki.
    So where's the retribution there?

    And germany rounded up and gassed the nazis, where's the retribution?

    what you're saying is plain silly. the current generation has nothing to do with the atrocities of the previous, and even then, it was the administration that was responsible, not the innocent civilians nor the soldiers following orders.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit further? A bit of a sweeping statement ..
    i think they're just trolling..

  11. #51

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by icebear78 View Post
    And germany rounded up and gassed the nazis, where's the retribution?
    I think the Japanese would like to engage your services to help them re-write their WWII history.

  12. #52
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by icebear78 View Post
    USA nuclear bombed hiroshima and nagasaki.. only 1 A-bomb would've been sufficient to bring japan to its knees, but USA decided to try both anyway, cos both bombs are of different configurations (different detonation methods), and what better way to try it out then in a real war. besides, there's a need to revenge pearl harbor as well.. so they exchange afew thousand lives in pearl harbour for the nearly a hundred thousand more lives in Nagasaki.
    So where's the retribution there?

    And germany rounded up and gassed the nazis, where's the retribution?

    what you're saying is plain silly. the current generation has nothing to do with the atrocities of the previous, and even then, it was the administration that was responsible, not the innocent civilians nor the soldiers following orders.
    agree, human are all sinned.

    gassed the Jews or nazis ???

  13. #53
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by icebear78 View Post
    i think they're just trolling..
    you got to learn from Laozi...quoting him..

    "Ask not people not to stroll you
    Ask yourself not to stroll no people."

  14. #54
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post


    Would you say the job scope of a war photographer to record events no matter how grim to be unchanged through the years?
    That's why it's "tit for tat" when Japan displayed bodies after the Tsunami back then.
    They went on killing spree back then, so it's only "fair" if their future generations "experienced" what their past generations did to others. People whom the Jap killed also had families and also have dignity.

    天有眼!

  15. #55

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by shaokenphotos View Post
    That's why it's "tit for tat" when Japan displayed bodies after the Tsunami back then.
    They went on killing spree back then, so it's only "fair" if their future generations "experienced" what their past generations did to others. People whom the Jap killed also had families and also have dignity.
    And because Nikon and Canon accumulated good karma by capturing the evidence of the evil and barbaric deeds of the Japanese, today they are rewarded as being No. 1 & 2. Leica can only blame itself for not doing a good job with the Nazis.
    Nikon & Canon = 天眼

  16. #56
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post

    And because Nikon and Canon accumulated good karma by capturing the evidence of the evil and barbaric deeds of the Japanese, today they are rewarded as being No. 1 & 2. Leica can only blame itself for not doing a good job with the Nazis.
    Nikon & Canon = 天眼
    Now more of their products are made in China, assembled in Japan lah.
    They just put a word "Japan" on their products only. =.=

  17. #57
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    And because Nikon and Canon accumulated good karma by capturing the evidence of the evil and barbaric deeds of the Japanese, today they are rewarded as being No. 1 & 2. Leica can only blame itself for not doing a good job with the Nazis. Nikon & Canon = 天眼
    Er... Nikon used to manufacturer bomb sights that were used in Japanese fighters during the war.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    AV use Canon Nikon Sony High definition to take video of the Japanese XMM for the whole world to see. that is already a retribution. karma already started
    Is this good or bad karma for Canon Nikon Sony?
    Last edited by An drew; 1st October 2013 at 08:18 AM.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Lintas
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

    说天有眼,你觉得你有正义感吗?如果天有眼,报应应该是在那一代做错的人。我是南洋第三代因为祖先被逼逃难 ,大陆内战,自相残杀,难道也是报应? 我的政府也有对华人说"你们cina还要什么?"大陆也随便画画就说我长大的kampung的海边出去一点 是大陆的地盘。。。就是不能爆粗口,I like cs must respect rules. 旧时和现在的激端无良疯子都一样,还是珍惜善良知己。历史不能忘记,原谅是受害者最大勇气去面对,不是我们 indirect 者去总结。也许我们也是受报应的后代。my thoughts, no offence.
    Last edited by shorty; 1st October 2013 at 01:27 AM.

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post

    you got to learn from Laozi...quoting him..

    "Ask not people not to stroll you
    Ask yourself not to stroll no people."
    So you like going on long strolls?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •