Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by natasastra View Post
    Why refused to reveal? They dont want business?
    When they know you can't afford it, what's the point of telling you?

Quote Originally Posted by natasastra View Post
    Why refused to reveal? They dont want business?
    I have no idea. Indeed they did not seem interested in business!
    d850 | a7r3 | I1P | P4P | Videos | Photos | Aerials

Quote Originally Posted by LiverpoolMadman View Post
    Thanks very much for sharing this -- amazing comparison indeed! So, one should avoid over-exposure with the D800...

Rgds

Hi guys,
    Have you had a look at this article comparing the D800 with its E brother?

Nikon D800-D800E First Comparison

I tried my 24 mm D lens on D800. It looks really bad. The 24-70 looks sharp enough. Looks like the only way to go is to use G lenses w the new system... Is there a list some where?
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Just curious, how many D800 do you guys think have actually been sold in Sg? Only a few shops got it and even then, to date each has only gotten 3 to 4. Alan Photo, Cathay Photo, TK, SLRR, Best Denki, Audio House, Harvey Norman? Anyone can add to this?

Frankly, I think this is a big joke. Nikon obviously was not ready to launch the d800 looking at the units that Nikon Singapore brought in one month after the launch.

By the time its readily available in the market, it will be time to wait for D900.

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh
    Frankly, I think this is a big joke. Nikon obviously was not ready to launch the d800 looking at the units that Nikon Singapore brought in one month after the launch.
    There are always strategic considerations. Consumer needs aren't necessarily the first thing a company must consider.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    There are always strategic considerations. Consumer needs aren't necessarily the first thing a company must consider.
    Yes, I agree with this. Their strategic consideration now is to boost the sales of the other non-high end DSLRs and point and shoots such as Coolpix and the woeful, unmentionable sales level of their J1 & V1 cameras.

Apparently, a market insider intimated that Nikon Singapore is trying to boost sales of their compacts, point and shoots & mirrorless by "forcing" camera shops and big players to commit to more units of these cameras before they will allocate popular models such as the D800/ D800E to them. In other words, they are leveraging on the popularity of the D800/E to increase sales of their non-dslr camera sales. The more these players are willing to push the sales of these cameras, Nikon Singapore will allocate more of the D800/E and D4s to them given a tight supply situation.
    Last edited by taligent; 22nd April 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taligent View Post
    Yes, I agree with this. Their strategic consideration now is to boost the sales of the other non-high end DSLRs and point and shoots such as Coolpix and the woeful, unmentionable sales level of their J1 & V1 cameras.

Apparently, a market insider intimated that Nikon Singapore is trying to boost sales of their compacts, point and shoots & mirrorless by "forcing" camera shops and big players to commit to more units of these cameras before they will allocate popular models such as the D800/ D800E to them. In other words, they are leveraging on the popularity of the D800/E to increase sales of their non-dslr camera sales. The more these players are willing to push the sales of these cameras, Nikon Singapore will allocate more of the D800/E and D4s to them given a tight supply situation.
    Agreed, $64000 package then can get one piece of D800......hahahaha
    Sale of D800 only can earn $1000 but you need to buy package of $64000.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyYip

Thats plain rildiculous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KennyYip View Post
    RRP for D800 is $4,488, can't earn $1K lah. $500 maybe.

IMHO.. though need to clarify that I have no idea what Nikon sale agreement with Authorised reseller.. but in business sense, this does not make sense at all.

Just because there is a KPI to push the other nikon P&S.. they are killing the the entire product line as reseller are unable to get stock, consumers get fed up, switch camp. This will also affect the sales of lenses as well. Also SG market how big?
    Nikon D90

Quote Originally Posted by bomby929 View Post
    IMHO.. though need to clarify that I have no idea what Nikon sale agreement with Authorised reseller.. but in business sense, this does not make sense at all.

Just because there is a KPI to push the other nikon P&S.. they are killing the the entire product line as reseller are unable to get stock, consumers get fed up, switch camp. This will also affect the sales of lenses as well. Also SG market how big?
    One market's loss is another market's gain...
    I don't think its that easy to switch camps, unless you have not invested much in lenses.
    If the authorised resellers are not getting the goods, this would mean more opportunity for grey market items.
    For those who do not switch camp and who are still very determined to get the D800/E I see this strategy of having a conditional P&S purchase by Nikon to Resellers working against them. I'm sure Nikon SEA monitors for D800/E movements throughout the region, and if its obvious Nikon SG isn't doing any sales on such a hot product the effects to the marketing / management team would be obvious.

Stocks in other countries seems to be of the similar condition as Singapore, None-sighted. Threads in DPreview do appear but you will notice the general crowd getting impatient.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tang_yiming/

Talk about if right now have your set in hand still face the general small issue, such as LCD and AF.

I think I will choose for after July batch, to be solve up for minimum issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bomby929

I think consumers are just too emotional...if they switch camp just because they can't get the cam first hand....honestly, I doubt many would...

As a photographer, we hv to be objective n not let emotion rule over
    Last edited by lunas; 23rd April 2012 at 12:29 PM.
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by bomby929 View Post

Precisely. Epic fail move. That's what the mkt insider commented too. He said that Nikon is losing a generation of new DSLR hobbyists because these newbies have not committed to any ecosystem yet and with the Canon 5D Mk III freely available, many newbies are buying the Canon rather than wait for a camera/"vaporware" without even a delivery roadmap or schedule.

This has helped to push Canon sales of the 5D III despite it being priced much higher than the D800 at launch. Now, with the shortage and Nikon's strategy, there is nary a price difference between the 5D III and D800. Its no brainer that pple will pick the Canon over the Nikon for now.

Nikon and their kum gong strategy.
    Last edited by taligent; 23rd April 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    I think consumers are just too emotional...if they switch camp just because they can't get the cam first hand....honestly, I doubt many would...

As a photographer, we hv to be objective n not let emotion rule over
    Actually agree on the switch camp argument.. guess that those like us already using the system will find it hard, but you will never know :P. But new users with nothing but cash? Then it is lost opportunity for both camera body and lens. Because they need to realise that any buyer will be buying a system, not just a DSLR body. Or Nikon is just interested in their D3200 or D5100 sales.
    Last edited by bomby929; 23rd April 2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Nikon D90

Quote Originally Posted by taligent View Post
    Precisely. Epic fail move. That's what the mkt insider commented too. He said that Nikon is losing a generation of new DSLR hobbyists because these newbies have not committed to any ecosystem yet and with the Canon 5D Mk III freely available, many newbies are buying the Canon rather than wait for a camera/"vaporware" without even a delivery roadmap or schedule.

This has helped to push Canon sales of the 5D III despite it being priced much higher than the D800 at launch. Now, with the shortage and Nikon's strategy, there is nary a price difference between the 5D III and D800. Its no brainer that pple will pick the Canon over the Nikon for now.

Nikon and their kum gong strategy.
    That is why I think it does not make business sense... Reseller will just refuse to order.. and this also hurt both DSLR, Lens and P&S.
    Nikon D90

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast