Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

another review by mingthein

Nikon D800 review update: daylight shooting €“ Ming Thein | Photographer

"AF is not as fast as the D4, nor do we expect it to be.
    The difference is similar to that between the D700 and D3 – probably down to battery voltage and the current available to drive the lens motor. It seems subjectively the same as the D700 under very low light conditions – specifically, speed and tracking ability. However, I was using an 85/1.4 G wide open to see if the camera could track moving objects with it – the answer is, hit and miss. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I suspect the actual AF module performance is no worse than the D700, but with the increased pixel density of the D800, the demands on focus accuracy just got a lot higher – and that’s the shortfall we’re seeing here."

another review... D800 got so many ppl posting review

D800 Diary – Day 1 @ Image and light – landscape photography by Nigel Danson

look at this (esp. the Original (7360 x 4912)) Emily - D800 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Taken with a Sigma 50mm F1.4 @ ISO 1000 with Nikon D800

another one.. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1097553 more poison ..look at the 100% crop.
    Last edited by Errz; 24th March 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

LOL...

Some say there are setback using this camera like shaking even at speed 200/ sec? What do you think folks. I am already book this camera in usa about to receive soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Agus
    Some say there are setback using this camera like shaking even at speed 200/ sec? What do you think folks. I am already book this camera in usa about to receive soon.
    Instead of 1/f, must use 1/2f instead?

All the more need a 24-70mm f2.8 with VR.
    Last edited by UncleFai; 24th March 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

Instead of 1/f, must use 1/2f instead?
    I'm gonna use my own hands to find out
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

I got all the trinity lens Nikon + 24, 35,50,85 all f 1,4 + 105 micro lens vr2 f 2,8 seem lens no issue what worry me that the Nikon guy at YouTube GV comment it may hv blurry effect due to high pixel even small vibration? Let see how when arrive. Tks guys

own up.. who was at the Helix bridge just now. saw a guy with D800 *drool* :smilie:

Definitely not me.... too poor and too new in the market to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Agus View Post
    I got all the trinity lens Nikon + 24, 35,50,85 all f 1,4 + 105 micro lens vr2 f 2,8 seem lens no issue what worry me that the Nikon guy at YouTube GV comment it may hv blurry effect due to high pixel even small vibration? Let see how when arrive. Tks guys

the blurry effect due to the high pixel density of D800 is over-publicized from day 1 ppl read what Nikon stated in the D800 technical guide. Then, all ppl jump on the ship and came out with their own conclusion of blurry images and 1/focal length can't apply, this and that which all have nothing to base upon. The NEX-7 with an APS-C sized sensor has about 24MP, that translates to approx 55MP Full Frame sensor. But I don't see many NEX-7 users complaining much about blurry images or sensor is out-resolving the lens or hand holding is impossible unless with hand of steel bla bla bla bla

blurry image with bad handhold technique happens even on 6MP cameras, it will be less forgiving for sure with the higher resolution, but that does not mean it's the camera's fault. It's been there the whole time just that less resolution camera helps to hide that issue of bad handholding technique. And, one shouldn't hand hold at 1/focal length unless you really need to even with smaller MP count camera for sharper images.

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Agus View Post
    1 reason why ppl complain about blurry effect is that the D800 is 36 MP so more details will be capture hence camera shake will be capture easily, in order to reduce the camera shake on such a high MP camera, i suggest you try shutter speed of 1/100 and above...

Quote Originally Posted by hkenh

the blurry effect due to the high pixel density of D800 is over-publicized from day 1 ppl read what Nikon stated in the D800 technical guide. Then, all ppl jump on the ship and came out with their own conclusion of blurry images and 1/focal length can't apply, this and that which all have nothing to base upon. The NEX-7 with an APS-C sized sensor has about 24MP, that translates to approx 55MP Full Frame sensor. But I don't see many NEX-7 users complaining much about blurry images or sensor is out-resolving the lens or hand holding is impossible unless with hand of steel bla bla bla bla

blurry image with bad handhold technique happens even on 6MP cameras, it will be less forgiving for sure with the higher resolution, but that does not mean it's the camera's fault. It's been there the whole time just that less resolution camera helps to hide that issue of bad handholding technique. And, one shouldn't hand hold at 1/focal length unless you really need to even with smaller MP count camera for sharper images.
    i totally agree with this post.
    MyFlickr
    FUJIFILM X-T1/XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    own up.. who was at the Helix bridge just now. saw a guy with D800 *drool* :smilie:
    is the guy alone or with wife & a baby...

Quote Originally Posted by hkenh

I'm 100% agree with you, also why medium format camera goes up to 80 MPX like phase one , so no reason D800 can't do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by eRman View Post
    I can tell u whats on the D800 , think there's a spirit level thingy on the hotshot and the camera is on tripod :smilie: also he's with wife/gf. didn't notice baby
    Last edited by Errz; 25th March 2012 at 06:38 AM.

drools drools
    Nikon D800 ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

Lol, what's there to stock take? So little stocks of everything!?

Haha joking they do have stock to take. But not sure if it's this time of the year. Only know NSC will be close for Good Friday.
    Singapore shop need to stock take of 1-2 pcs?
    Come on... Joking right? Right? Are they?
    seriously.....

I do not see a notice for NSC. But they have plenty of D3100, D5100, D90 and all the range of PnS to stock take.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by eRman View Post
    Hi ..

The guy at the helix bridge was me...

Quote Originally Posted by Actururss

Singapore shop need to stock take of 1-2 pcs?
    Come on... Joking right? Right? Are they?
    seriously.....
    Bo dai chee cho ma. Everyone wants the D800 but not the others. So how?