Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1027

Thread: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

  1. #421
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by battery555
    This is bad business practice. The profit gain from D800 will never cover the lug along models. If i'm a dealer I won't consider this kind of dealing.
    Tat is my understandin frm reading a fellow cser's post here.

    Can't b sure too.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  2. #422
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by battery555 View Post
    Bro, your RRR is local or US? If is local then any price that's near it is never a good price leh...
    Local RRP
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  3. #423
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by battery555 View Post
    D800E? Prepare to be chopped he he he....
    That's why I say when I am ready to get, if the price does not fall in line with the US list price or close to it, I will consider switching systems or buy elsewhere.

  4. #424
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by battery555 View Post
    This is bad business practice. The profit gain from D800 will never cover the lug along models. If i'm a dealer I won't consider this kind of dealing.
    I can only say, put urself in the dealer's shoes, to do business, u need to "look far" and long term.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  5. #425
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    I can only say, put urself in the dealer's shoes, to do business, u need to "look far" and long term.
    I totally agree with you. However, what Nikon did was essentially screw their customers through their dealers. Unfortunate indeed IF it were indeed true though I find this policy, if true, a little WTF.

  6. #426

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    i can't wait to post negative remark on nikon fb page...once their D800 picture comes out

  7. #427
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee
    i can't wait to post negative remark on nikon fb page...once their D800 picture comes out
    Bro why do u want to do that? Sua la. Vote with your wallet if u feel strongly about it.

  8. #428

    Default

    I think let's not make the issue of taking in compact for D800/D4... How many of you dare to say they know the exact details of the transaction? What makes you so certain that they only benefit from D800/D4? The dealers themselves are also human and they are certainly not stupid...

    So let's all not jump into the flaming bandwagon just for the sake of doing so

  9. #429

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by neesavi View Post
    Just checked with Cathy and they quoted price 4099 ... but don't have stock
    CP usually quote w/o gst
    $4099 + 7% = $4386

    $4386 > $4300 @ MSC
    is the norm cos CP usually sell slightly higher than the rest of the stores

    RRP at $4488
    so early users have to pay slightly more lah ...

    2nd/3rd shipment about $150-$300 off street price
    is either u pay a premium to have fun first or pay at a discount and wait for firmware update

  10. #430

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Hi, most of you are misinformed. The high RSP you're seeing around Asia is due to the huge Chinese market and the proximity of our market to China. The demand there is huge and unlike western countries, Chinese seem to less sensitive to price when it comes to hi-end gear as D800. Therefore, Nikon HK where I understand is in control of the pricing in the Asian region decided to sell much higher than in the US for instance due to the extreme demand and limited supply at the moment. Market like HK, M'sia and Singapore etc pay the price for our proximity to the Chinese market and thus the higher than expected RSP.

    Also, D800 is more attractive and demand is far greater than 5DM3 and the extent of the tsunami and flood in thailand affected Nikon's imaging production far greater than Canon and it is understandable the lack of supply it has to meet all the demands around the world.

    So, guys just be patient you will soon be able to get hold on one.

  11. #431

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by hkenh View Post
    Hi, most of you are misinformed. The high RSP you're seeing around Asia is due to the huge Chinese market and the proximity of our market to China. The demand there is huge and unlike western countries, Chinese seem to less sensitive to price when it comes to hi-end gear as D800. Therefore, Nikon HK where I understand is in control of the pricing in the Asian region decided to sell much higher than in the US for instance due to the extreme demand and limited supply at the moment. Market like HK, M'sia and Singapore etc pay the price for our proximity to the Chinese market and thus the higher than expected RSP.

    Also, D800 is more attractive and demand is far greater than 5DM3 and the extent of the tsunami and flood in thailand affected Nikon's imaging production far greater than Canon and it is understandable the lack of supply it has to meet all the demands around the world.

    So, guys just be patient you will soon be able to get hold on one.
    I didn't quite get your point. If it's because Singapore is near to China, why is HK price lower than Singapore?
    D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

  12. #432
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by hkenh View Post
    Hi, most of you are misinformed. The high RSP you're seeing around Asia is due to the huge Chinese market and the proximity of our market to China. The demand there is huge and unlike western countries, Chinese seem to less sensitive to price when it comes to hi-end gear as D800. Therefore, Nikon HK where I understand is in control of the pricing in the Asian region decided to sell much higher than in the US for instance due to the extreme demand and limited supply at the moment. Market like HK, M'sia and Singapore etc pay the price for our proximity to the Chinese market and thus the higher than expected RSP.

    Also, D800 is more attractive and demand is far greater than 5DM3 and the extent of the tsunami and flood in thailand affected Nikon's imaging production far greater than Canon and it is understandable the lack of supply it has to meet all the demands around the world.

    So, guys just be patient you will soon be able to get hold on one.
    Makes sense. Again, we around the region, bear the brunt of that, unfortunately. But yes, I suppose patience is required here.

  13. #433

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Bro why do u want to do that? Sua la. Vote with your wallet if u feel strongly about it.
    nikon faithful users are paying more than canon's 5dmk3 which has a street price of around 4150sgd. considering the fact tat usa's 5dmk3 is 500usd more than D800...is absurd.

  14. #434
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee

    nikon faithful users are paying more than canon's 5dmk3 which has a street price of around 4150sgd. considering the fact tat usa's 5dmk3 is 500usd more than D800...is absurd.
    I agree but ranting there is pointless la bro. As i said, if feel strongly enough vote with your wallet. In cases like this as a consumer you can choose not to buy at that price.

  15. #435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umeiko

    I didn't quite get your point. If it's because Singapore is near to China, why is HK price lower than Singapore?
    HK no tax ma.. Sg 7%, china 15%, Malaysia 5%

  16. #436

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Umeiko View Post
    I didn't quite get your point. If it's because Singapore is near to China, why is HK price lower than Singapore?
    China RSP is about SGD4,770
    HK RSP is about SGD4,360
    M'sia RSP is about SGD4472

    All are pretty in line. It won't be identical for sure. this is more than just exchange rate we're talking boys.

  17. #437

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Price = Demand/Supply

  18. #438

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by strikeback4 View Post
    HK no tax ma.. Sg 7%, china 15%, Malaysia 5%
    Wrong info, M'sia has no duty on DSLR

  19. #439

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    BTW, regardless of the RSP, street price are always lower, blame Nikon partly for this disappointed pricing, but the party guilty of most is your dealer. I'm a Malaysian living in Sg atm. Most dealers that I'm close with in M'sia are selling about RM1.5k below the RSP even with the short supply and high demand of D800. Singapore dealers are just money suckers, 4 years here I have never bought a single camera gear because all the prices are at least 10% more than i can get in Malaysia. Go bargain with your dealer here rather than ranting and whining here. =)

  20. #440

    Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    I agree but ranting there is pointless la bro. As i said, if feel strongly enough vote with your wallet. In cases like this as a consumer you can choose not to buy at that price.
    True.......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •