Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

Default Re: Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Which shop takes ur deposit?
    Just heard that they will all only fulfill those who put deposit first. So if the shops have 10 set and 10 ppl put deposit then even u are on the reserve list u also wun get it. Moreover each shop only will have around 10 to 13 sets..

Quote Originally Posted by ericcf

Just heard that they will all only fulfill those who put deposit first. So if the shops have 10 set and 10 ppl put deposit then even u are on the reserve list u also wun get it. Moreover each shop only will have around 10 to 13 sets..
    U sure abt this? Shucks
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    U sure abt this? Shucks
    Hmmm.. Not that 100%. But was being told that the max set they will get in is about there. I alr placed my deposit and I m not the only 1 there to place. John 3:16 is also fulfilling those who place deposit first. I guess Cathay photo and slr r may do so. U can check it out. Reserve list too long and heard that the experience from canon 5DMK3 reservation is not that good. Coz some of those reserved actually did not turn up. Most probably buy from another shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ericcf

Hmmm.. Not that 100%. But was being told that the max set they will get in is about there. I alr placed my deposit and I m not the only 1 there to place. John 3:16 is also fulfilling those who place deposit first. I guess Cathay photo and slr r may do so. U can check it out. Reserve list too long and heard that the experience from canon 5DMK3 reservation is not that good. Coz some of those reserved actually did not turn up. Most probably buy from another shop.
    Wandering how much is the deposit?
    Looking at all the 5D mkiii owner unboxing and enjoy their new toy, make other envious.

Quote Originally Posted by Actururss View Post
    Wandering how much is the deposit?
    Looking at all the 5D mkiii owner unboxing and enjoy their new toy, make other envious.
    I m drooling also.. Soon soon it will be our turn.. At least $1k.

Quote Originally Posted by Actururss View Post
    Why? A camera is just a tool. In another few months there will be another new camera, and another, and another. May not be from Nikon, but definitely from other manufacturers. Rather than looking at what 5D3 owners are doing with their camera, why not just take your existing camera out and enjoy photography?

I already drool until dehydrated ...

Quote Originally Posted by D800X
    I already drool until dehydrated ...

Aiya. Next time be in NPS. Better yet, be a high profile photographer and they'd send it to you for evaluation or better yet, ask you to do their commercials for them.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Aiya. Next time be in NPS. Better yet, be a high profile photographer and they'd send it to you for evaluation or better yet, ask you to do their commercials for them.

Not in this lifetime.
    If you know me well enough you know that I am a very
    Stupid person.

Quote Originally Posted by ericcf View Post
    I m drooling also.. Soon soon it will be our turn.. At least $1k.
    1k. But do you know the final price? I presume it will be selling at RRP. Is singapore's recommended retail price out?

Quote Originally Posted by D800X

Not in this lifetime.
    If you know me well enough you know that I am a very
    Stupid person.
    Don't have to be smart to join NPS. Just some professional equipment and proof that you're a full time photographer. If you're getting the D800, you're almost there already.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh

1k. But do you know the final price? I presume it will be selling at RRP. Is singapore's recommended retail price out?
    I doubt it will be RRP bah.. 5Dmk3 is also abt $400+ away from RRP
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Nikon USA has enforced a rule by which a shop cannot sell below the SRP. Does anyone know if Nikon SG has enforced something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by san2001
    Nikon USA has enforced a rule by which a shop cannot sell below the SRP. Does anyone know if Nikon SG has enforced something similar?
    If they did, I foresee many may just give this camera a miss and might even switch camps to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    If they did, I foresee many may just give this camera a miss and might even switch camps to be honest
    Casual users, perhaps. Those with a lot invested in lenses and are used to the system, not really.
    I shoot both systems, but I really don't prefer to use the "Other" brand because of a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by san2001

Casual users, perhaps. Those with a lot invested in lenses and are used to the system, not really.
    I shoot both systems, but I really don't prefer to use the "Other" brand because of a variety of reasons.
    I agree with you on that. The ones who are going for their first FX might switch camps but for those too invested in the system, doesn't make sense. And with the MSRP of the D800 being significantly less than the 5D3, even less reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by san2001 View Post
    actually same thing is happening in SG, what is happening in US is that prices "advertised" on their website must be at SRP, prices cannot be display below SRP, that is why if you shop in Adorama or B&H you notice they will not disclose Nikon prices at all unless payment is made, same thing in SG, when you ask for quotation on facebook from shops like TK foto, Cathay, SLRR, MS etc they will never disclose their prices on the spot, they will just either PM you or email you their pricing

Quote Originally Posted by strikeback4 View Post
    actually same thing is happening in SG, what is happening in US is that prices "advertised" on their website must be at SRP, prices cannot be display below SRP, that is why if you shop in Adorama or B&H you notice they will not disclose Nikon prices at all unless payment is made, same thing in SG, when you ask for quotation on facebook from shops like TK foto, Cathay, SLRR, MS etc they will never disclose their prices on the spot, they will just either PM you or email you their pricing
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Nothing to feel sian abt.

Canon prob had their mkiii ready n jus waitin for nikon to announce their upgrade.

Its their 75th anniversary afterall. I'm sure they had it in their works frm way b4.

If i was to b critical, mkii to mkiii main difference is the af n better noise cntrl.

Probably enuff to get previous mkii owners to upgrade.

But d800, different league. I would list it as a substantial upgrade. Something worth waitin for. Of cos, ur mileage might differ.
    You have a point, Bro
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by san2001 View Post
    I thought the rule is that there is a price that retailers cannot go below... but that bottom line is not the MSRP. And no, Nikon asia or SG has no such rules.

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast