budget preferably below SGD600
    Pls advice. thanks

Default Re: Which Mirrorless camera

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon79 View Post
    HI all,

which mirrorless camera to recommend
    Pls advice. thanks
    What have you shortlisted after going to the shops? What cameras do you feel comfortable using and the ergonomics and controls make sense for you? Which cameras have you done research on and read the reviews?

Answer that first.

We are not your concierge service. At least show us you made some effort first instead of just asking to be spoonfed.
    Alpha

actually i was thinking of getting one several months ago, but due to some reason tat idea is put on hold until now
    i remember at that time, i had 2 very possible choice..
    1. panasonic gf3
    2. olympus pen epl3
    but then several months have passed and new models are unveiled and price also changed.
    hence im abit lost here.. but i have only a budget of 600, max 650 to 700 to spare.

With that budget you can only get the ep3 and gf3 you're looking for 2nd hand in the B&S

HI all,

Pls advice. thanks

spoonfeed alert!

This is literally as if you want people to tell you which camera is good, but since there's no best camera it's hard for us to give you and answer anyway! go do some research, scome up with stuffs you like and all! too vague imo and just a waste of time with a post that cant even be phrased properly.
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarian View Post
    spoonfeed alert!

This is literally as if you want people to tell you which camera is good, but since there's no best camera it's hard for us to give you and answer anyway! go do some research, scome up with stuffs you like and all! too vague imo and just a waste of time with a post that cant even be phrased properly.
    is this post necessary?
    did u read my 2nd post? did u just read post #1 and then post this?
    wonder who is wasting time
    Last edited by Nikon79; 13th February 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    With that budget you can only get the ep3 and gf3 you're looking for 2nd hand in the B&S
    oh only 2nd hand..
    thanks for the feedback, its extremely helpful to me

if you're looking for an entry level, maybe epl-1? it's the cheapest among m43 i think

if second hand maybe you will have more options! but try looking at B&S first? budget of 600 includes lens or just body? i've been looking at the ep3 but i don't see such cheap ones around?

For your budget, i recommend you look for an Olympus EPL-1 body in the buy and sell section. Now is a good time, as many ppl are preparing to upgrade to the Olympus EM-5 or Panasonic GX1, and may be selling their gears. You may also want to get acquainted with the many lenses available to the M43 family. The kit lenses, 14-42mm, are surprisingly rather good. You may also want to consider pancake lenses, such as the 14mm, $250 2nd hand, and the very popular 20mm lense will cost about $450 2nd hand.

Go to Thom Hogan's new mirrorless camera site and read up on the various options available. Good luck.

Welcome to sans Mirror | byThom sans Mirror | Thom Hogan

actually i was thinking of getting one several months ago, but due to some reason tat idea is put on hold until now
    i remember at that time, i had 2 very possible choice..
    1. panasonic gf3
    2. olympus pen epl3
    but then several months have passed and new models are unveiled and price also changed.
    hence im abit lost here.. but i have only a budget of 600, max 650 to 700 to spare.

With $600, only GF3 2nd hand.
    I'd suggest you look for a GF1; G1; G2 2nd hand instead since they all have the same sensor as GF3 and are higher end cameras.

G1 goes for as low as $250 IIRC in buy and sell here.

Other than slower AF compare to Panasonic, EPL1, EP2, EPL2 are very nice for their OOC JPG and in-camera shake reduction (IBIS)

Ts you might want to pop by tk foto. I thought I saw a gf2 package that suits your budget. Maybe you can call them to confirm its availability first.

Update: yah I just checked their website , 599 gf2 with lens. If you are interested .

http://www.tkfoto.com.sg/index.php/p...-panasonic-gf2
    Last edited by Atarandas; 14th February 2012 at 11:29 PM.
    Alpha and Omega

2nd hand ep3 is good

HI all,

Pls advice. thanks
    Wah.. tight leh...

Think you better post a WTB on BnS section...

You can try a WTB EPL-2 as well. Groupon had a promo for that camera a few months back. Selling price was around $600. There might be quite a few people who want to sell off theirs to upgrade?
    I'm a cow with a camera

2nd hand NX10?

Well TS I damn dulan sour people who don't help but you can try TK foto and see if they still got panasonic GF2 at promo price
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

A few ways:

1. If you dont mind 2nd hand, it will definitely meet your budget. Cons will be waiting for willing parties to sell what you intend to buy. Mostly no warranty so it's risky.

2. Increase your budget and get a small E-PM1 or a value-for-money G3. (The yet to launch EM5 is the best but is way out of your budget.)

3. Buy a new set of GF2 and upgrade in future. For me I would use it as a 2nd body in future when I buy a better body.

Also you can use this website below to compare cameras:
    Camera Comparison - Snapsort
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100