Thread: high end lcd monitor

Default high end lcd monitor

Hi,

Does anyone knows where I can buy the following monitors in singapore:

1. EIZO L568 / L768
    2. NEC LCD1980SX / LCD1980SXi

I have searched through the whole of Funan and SLS but to no avail.

for eizo, can try calling powermatic.
    Tel : 6382 3373

Quote Originally Posted by w.s
    for eizo, can try calling powermatic.
    Tel : 6382 3373
    Hi, Thanks for the info. I called hardwareplace this morning and found they are also selling the Eizo, both L568 and L768.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakybear
    Hi, Thanks for the info. I called hardwareplace this morning and found they are also selling the Eizo, both L568 and L768.
    How much are they selling for? Powermatic had the L568AS for $799 during the last day of Sitex 2004.

Regards
    CK

isit 18 or 24 bit

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    How much are they selling for? Powermatic had the L568AS for $799 during the last day of Sitex 2004.

Regards
    CK
    I was quoted 899 for L568. I asked about the L768 and he says "roughly 1.2k+, exact price not out yet, will only know tomorrow (monday) evening." I'm also interested to know the price of the L887 (20") but did not ask. Will call powermatic tomorrow.

Has anyone checks with powermatic on the price of L568/L768 or L887? If yes, what's the price they quote?

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    isit 18 or 24 bit
    I believe current EIZO models are all 24 bit. At least it is for L568/L768.

YOu can go http://www.eizo.com/products/lcd/index.asp for detail specs.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakybear
    I was quoted 899 for L568. I asked about the L768 and he says "roughly 1.2k+, exact price not out yet, will only know tomorrow (monday) evening." I'm also interested to know the price of the L887 (20") but did not ask. Will call powermatic tomorrow.

Has anyone checks with powermatic on the price of L568/L768 or L887? If yes, what's the price they quote?
    Thanks. Looks like its quite a bit more than the Sitex price then. For 19" you can also check out the Sharp LL-T19D1 which is $1k or less. I got mine at Sitex for $819. It is also a 24-bit monitor.

Regards
    CK

dont mind i OT abit:

for lcd we talk of contrast ratio eg 1000:1

then what is the contrast ratio for crt?? since we r more commonly used to seeing cr since the older days and yet nobody talk about contrast ratio for crt? or is the concept of contrast ratio undefined for crt

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    dont mind i OT abit:

for lcd we talk of contrast ratio eg 1000:1

then what is the contrast ratio for crt?? since we r more commonly used to seeing cr since the older days and yet nobody talk about contrast ratio for crt? or is the concept of contrast ratio undefined for crt
    Contrast Ratio is not applicable for CRTs.

Regards
    CK

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    Thanks. Looks like its quite a bit more than the Sitex price then. For 19" you can also check out the Sharp LL-T19D1 which is $1k or less. I got mine at Sitex for $819. It is also a 24-bit monitor.

Regards
    CK
    Hi,

Actually I was considering the Sharp 19D1 too. The latest price I checked was 899 at Funan. During SITEX, I was offered 699 (only first 5 sets) but did not take up the offer because I had not reviewed and considered buying it seriously.

After much review, I think i'm going to get the EIZO. My CRT just blew and I hope the EIZO can match or come very close to the CRT in terms of colour accuracy. I'm using the display mainly for photo editing/raw conversion work.