I have been over and over and over talk about motivation, drive, vision and goal for people to reach for their full potential especially in business.
To be successful, you first need to be happy...
If you put it in the context of business of photography....
1. You have to be happy with who you are (everything start from YOU!)
2. You have to be happy (or comfortable) with your Vision
3. Having both above, change the way you see the world and try to see everything from a positive angle.
When you go to a restaurant, you have absolutely ridiculous service but food was great. Here is what I would think in my mind...
1. I generally reacted to the negativity with analyses... Why the service is so bad, how to improve it, then apply to my own business... How these bad things shouldn't happen in my business
2. Find comfort with the greatest thing that is in front of you and thankful for it.
In society, when you do something our of "norm" you are called "not normal" or "can't make it" or whatever you want to call it. It is safer to be "normal" so you can be with the rest of the herd. But don't get to worry about agreeing so u can be accepted as the herd. That's what I call outside the square.
I just watch this video this morning and it really sum up what I have in mind....
Shawn Achor: The happy secret to better work | Video on TED.com