Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different between camera body

Default Different between camera body

What are the thing that we need to look into when choosing a camera body??? Or maybe I should ask what are the different between entry level camera body and the pro body? :-)

Default Re: Different between camera body

one answer : your budget
    Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted

The handling of your camera is different. Most semi-pro and professional camera body had better AF system (more AF points, more cross type AF for faster and more accurate AF) as compared to entry level cameras. Then many pro and semi-pro camera have weather seal body which is arguably stronger and of better built as compared to the same brand's entry level cameras.

Next, semi-pro and professional cameras normally had an extra LCD on its top that show most or all important informations, and I find that very useful.

However, semi-pro and pro cameras are normally heavier as compared to entry level camera by quite alot.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by ericshtoh View Post
    What are the thing that we need to look into when choosing a camera body??? Or maybe I should ask what are the different between entry level camera body and the pro body? :-)

2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.

Here have some sticky threads for the questions you are asking;

How to choose a camera (the sensor format method)

FAQ: What DSLR camera to buy?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

What are the thing that we need to look into when choosing a camera body???
    Your requirements, your budget. Define both.
    Or maybe I should ask what are the different between entry level camera body and the pro body? :-)
    The features and functions they offer. See question one ...
    Please do some homework and bring in some efforts by reading the sticky threads, see posting from catchlights.
    EOS

What a question!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

The ultimate "spoonfeed me, I'm too lazy to read" post.
    Alpha

I smell a bit of a troll... His thread history is DSLR vs DSLT (so he must have done even a bit of reading), then he was hunting for D7000, then D5100, now this post...
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    I smell a bit of a troll... His thread history is DSLR vs DSLT (so he must have done even a bit of reading), then he was hunting for D7000, then D5100, now this post...
    No one should reply to his threads. He's just wasting our time and forum's bandwidth

I think yr question ia a bit lame.You should read up those stick thread with regards to your queries.Do your homework first & read up on related threads before you get flamed by other members.& BTW there is always YouTube & Goggle if you need help.

Blog Entries

just ignore lo, haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

@TS,

the monikers "Entry-level" and "Pro-Body" already tell you something don't they.

if you think about it, a simple family car costs far lesser than a sports/luxury car.

your posts have been hitting all over the place, from D90, to D5100, to D7000, to 600D, 60D, SLT...

and i noticed that everyone's explained quite a fair bit to you in all those threads. and you still know nothing?

why do you want to know so much when you've not even bought your camera? buy first, then we'll discuss more later.

also, it doesn't hurt to look through Canon or Nikon's website to actually LOOK at what the differences are. you're just another lazy person who expects to be spoonfed

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    In that case,i shall help him out....

Dear TS, entry level means easy to enter but only the front door of the camera. Pro body means experienced body and you can shoot deep with the camera.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    In that case,i shall help him out....

Dear TS, entry level means easy to enter but only the front door of the camera. Pro body means experienced body and you can shoot deep with the camera.
    this smells of some disgusting sexual innuendo

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    this smells of some disgusting sexual innuendo
    LOL.. I thought so too..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

I have decided to spoon-feed you.. read on..

Camera come in 2 types: Entry level and pro

Entry level means it's easy to use and to change lens just turn and the lens will come off; as for pro, since you are so pro, you need to do more work. To change lens for pro camera, you need to unscrew 4 screws before you can turn, but to unscrew the screws, you need to use a proprietary screwdriver that is embedded in the camera so you need to remove the lens before you can unscrew to remove the lens.

Another difference is that for entry level, there's the PASM modes but for pro, there's only a P (professional) mode.
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

1) Make sure you can pay for it
    2) Make sure its working fine
    3) Make sure you like it

Differences? Alot different. No need go into details. Check the specs yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ericshtoh
    One is the first time, the other is making a living out of it. Difference in price is significant.

I leave it to your imagination.
    Last edited by qystan; 12th February 2012 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    I have decided to spoon-feed you.. read on..

Camera come in 2 types: Entry level and pro

Entry level means it's easy to use and to change lens just turn and the lens will come off; as for pro, since you are so pro, you need to do more work. To change lens for pro camera, you need to unscrew 4 screws before you can turn, but to unscrew the screws, you need to use a proprietary screwdriver that is embedded in the camera so you need to remove the lens before you can unscrew to remove the lens.

Another difference is that for entry level, there's the PASM modes but for pro, there's only a P (professional) mode.
    Er... not quite true... camera came in three categories - entry level, semi-pro and pro. For canon, some of their semi-pro cameras (eg. 50D and 60D) still offer the PASM mode...
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

hmm...

Entry level body=cheaper
    Pro body=expensive

What to look out for the body=the user

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast