Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: digicams n dryboxes?

  1. #1

    Default digicams n dryboxes?

    recently saw an ad in the papers for a compact digicam, package included a drybox...

    just curious, this kind of camera (canon a400 i think?) also need drybox meh? i thought it's more for slrs since their bodies can be opened up and are more exposed to moisture and fungus...

    for normal con/prosumer cameras, does it help?

  2. #2
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Drybox are meant for ANYTHING (yes even your cookies if you like)..

    Actually its better to leave the camera (even p&s) in a drybox/cabinet when not in use for a long time esp because of S'pore weather...

  3. #3

    Default

    on the same topic...

    what should be the right level (%) of humidity be?

  4. #4
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pai
    recently saw an ad in the papers for a compact digicam, package included a drybox...

    just curious, this kind of camera (canon a400 i think?) also need drybox meh? i thought it's more for slrs since their bodies can be opened up and are more exposed to moisture and fungus...

    for normal con/prosumer cameras, does it help?
    Try to put your A400 underwater for even a split second and see if water will not get in. Even a point and shoot camera is not immune to mosture getting inside the camera and starts to cultivate fugus growth..etc. The dry box is not a 100% fix-it solution but at least when you are not using it, your camera is kept sealed away from moisture in the atmosphere plus the fact that the silicon beads you place in the box will also absorb moisture that is on or in your camera. It goes to keep your camera in a longer optimum condition then when you don't it in a dry box at all.

  5. #5
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    For cam..the ideal level will around 45+-..

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349
    For cam..the ideal level will around 45+-..
    I have a analog dry cabinet...at least 5 yrs old...the meter shows about 70% humidity even when on. Do you think it is already spoilt. I usually put in those HIPPO box inside to bring the reading down to abt 60%+

    tks

  7. #7

    Default

    It keeps the lens safe but will it have bad effects on the electronics?

  8. #8
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbeem
    I have a analog dry cabinet...at least 5 yrs old...the meter shows about 70% humidity even when on. Do you think it is already spoilt. I usually put in those HIPPO box inside to bring the reading down to abt 60%+

    tks


    Hmmm...check the dial setting first and the sealing part....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.A.
    It keeps the lens safe but will it have bad effects on the electronics?
    electronics.. drier better.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •