Thread: Langkawi

Default Langkawi

Hello

I will be going to Langkawi next weekend on a 4D3N F&E & putting up with Berjaya.

From the information I have gathered, I am planning to walk to Oriental Village, the waterfall & Cable Car which i believe are close to the Hotel for my shots.
    For the next 2 days planning to go to the :
    - Day 2 Marine Park for snokelling
    - Day 3 Island Hopping, evening at the Kuah side, Eagle Sq.

Any CS out there kind enough to offer some tips as to anything i have missed for a some nice shots?
    Is it better to go up the Cable Car in the evening for sunset ?
    Thanks
    Ray

Default Re: Langkawi

you might want to check our the Eagle Sq as well as the Pantai Hitam for your shots. If you rent a car, then you will be able to explore the country side... as for the Cable Car, it's better to visit in the late afternoon where the sun is not so glaring and if you are lucky you will be able to get sunset shots..

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi
    you might want to check our the Eagle Sq as well as the Pantai Hitam for your shots. If you rent a car, then you will be able to explore the country side... as for the Cable Car, it's better to visit in the late afternoon where the sun is not so glaring and if you are lucky you will be able to get sunset shots..
    Thanks n noted

For the Langkawi Cable car, go to the middle platform first as it'll be closed if the winds are too strong.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtemuji...57621268702438

You'll need a car, bike or taxi.

There are car rental at the airport departure.

For taxi at the airport, go to the taxi booth near the doors to pay for your taxi fare.

Kuah town is dead after 1700 hours, go to the Pantai Cenang area for your night makan and shopping.

If you are going back home in the morning flight, Langkawi Airport only open shop at 0700 hours.

Only one McDonald at Langkawi and Marry Brown at the airport.

HTH.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 9th February 2012 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    For the Langkawi Cable car, go to the middle platform first as it'll be closed if the winds are too strong.

DSC_2494 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You'll need a car, bike or taxi.

There are car rental at the airport departure.

For taxi at the airport, go to the taxi booth near the doors to pay for your taxi fare.

Kuah town is dead after 1700 hours, go to the Pantai Cenang area for your night makan and shopping.

If you are going back home in the morning flight, Langkawi Airport only open shop at 0700 hours.

Only one McDonald at Langkawi and Marry Brown at the airport.

HTH.
    Thanks

hopefully this reaches you in time (unless you have left)...

I would recommend that you take one of the geopark tour. You can get infos from Kuah jetty/Langkawi airport. I took 4-5 hours boat tour which include mangrove tour, eagle and monkey feeding, bat cave, 'kelong' and seafood lunch. It is quite a scenic and you'll be presented with plenty photography opportunity.

Also you can have sunset dinner at Telaga Harbour Marina (I think it is on the way to your hotel). There are variety of western/asian cuisines, al fresco setting while staring at those yatch parked at harbour.

Besides the Oriental Village & Cable Car (on the same place) and your marine park excursion, you can probably skip the others

Quote Originally Posted by gama View Post
    hopefully this reaches you in time (unless you have left)...

I would recommend that you take one of the geopark tour. You can get infos from Kuah jetty/Langkawi airport. I took 4-5 hours boat tour which include mangrove tour, eagle and monkey feeding, bat cave, 'kelong' and seafood lunch. It is quite a scenic and you'll be presented with plenty photography opportunity.

Also you can have sunset dinner at Telaga Harbour Marina (I think it is on the way to your hotel). There are variety of western/asian cuisines, al fresco setting while staring at those yatch parked at harbour.

Besides the Oriental Village & Cable Car (on the same place) and your marine park excursion, you can probably skip the others
    Thanks for your input, already back & posted my photos here...http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-...-langkawi.html