Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to know MS colour trustworthy or not?

are you a competitor of ms colour?

Quote Originally Posted by sin77
    Firstly, they dont have branches.
    Second, they are not located at CBD area.
    Any comments are welcome...

Aiyah, people making a business. They sure want to earn lah. If u do some homework before u buy, i'm sure u won't kena chop carrot head. However u also must see ur bargaining skills lah. Thick skin may get a couple $ off some more.

* MS Colour can get better price than the rest if u do homework properly & bargain with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ahsiang
    Aiyah, people making a business. They sure want to earn lah. If u do some homework before u buy, i'm sure u won't kena chop carrot head. However u also must see ur bargaining skills lah. Thick skin may get a couple $ off some more.

* MS Colour can get better price than the rest if u do homework properly & bargain with them.
    IMHO, trustworthy is not about price only. but also about after sales service when you had problems with your camera.

They are not good but they are great.
    Friendly staffs and boss, competitive pricing. There is nothing I can pick on them.
    Florence still can remember me when I step in and I only visited their shop like less then 5 times in the pass 1.5 yrs.
    They had been in Sitex, PC show and etc often selling for brands like fujiflim, Kodak and minolta.
    And which boss of a shop will ask you not to buy a $1.8+ digital camera first and advice you to go back and consider deeply before spending.
    To proof that I believe they are reliable, I just bought a D70 from them less then 2 hrs ago

Default kudos

i'm a regular cust at MS (AMK)

there's this one time, not too long ago actually... i bought a lense from them and after using it for 2 months, i've noticed that there's this black patch/spot inside the glass element itself. (and it's not a dust)

and our fellow jackson has changed it with a new set. cool huh?

kudos to MS Color!!!

Btw, i'm not affiliated with them.. i'm just an ordinary consumer mah!

I stay at woodlands and makes no reason for me to go cbd to purchase and to compare the PR they offer ... they always give me a good price, and that sometimes i dont even mind paying more.

Why does every seem to assume that sin77 is trying to slime MS Color? As far as I understand what I read, the 2 statements the threadstarter made are neutral.

But I agree with all the positive reviews that this thread has generated.

Quote Originally Posted by sin77
    Firstly, they dont have branches.
    Second, they are not located at CBD area.
    Any comments are welcome...
    as others have already mentioned, ms color has a branch in yishun as well as amk.

what has being in cbd got to do with trustworthiness? camera shops aside, i believe some shops in lucky plaza (within cbd), peoples park (within cbd) and sim lim sq (1/2 body in cbd) have been on the tourism blacklist before.

i will not hesitate to recommend ms color over any other shop any time.

Quote Originally Posted by eel
    Why does every seem to assume that sin77 is trying to slime MS Color? As far as I understand what I read, the 2 statements the threadstarter made are neutral.

But I agree with all the positive reviews that this thread has generated.
    i dont think we are assuming anything. just puzzled how having branches and being in cbd or not has to do with trustworthiness.

Let's give this guy a break and take it that he is really asking a genuine question that begs a geninue answer.

Looks like most are giving very positive views of MS colour. I will give my 2 cents worth of affirmation to this shop. Mr Loh, Florence, Willie and the rest of the staff there are just fantastic. They not only give good advice but let you try all the stuff till you are satisfied. Sometimes they might be busy and can't attend to the clients immediately but they will always try their best to please. Though I agree that prices vary but that goes with the other shops as well. Give and take, I still think that the prices in MS colour is reasonable. They have been around for a long time and they value repeat customers. I dont think that they are out to earn a quick buck and not value their customers. Well all this is IMHO. for MS
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

i agree price is not everything...after sales service also important. one i bought a signa 17-35 from fotoguide and kept in unused until 5 months later when i took it out. the blades became sticky after a few shots. I took the lens back and the shop changed a new one for me without hesistent. too bad they are now closed shop

MS-Color?

Trustworthy and great service !!!

How do you find those shops in Lucky Plaza?
    Most just wanna suck you dry.....

Henceforth, CBD or not......who cares !!!

Called them up to check prices before and a guy answered..forgot his name but was very friendly and even offered to reserve for me... said no but still leave his name.. not too bad...

I enjoyed my visit there... it was my first time visiting them... I asked for a 550EX, quoted a price prior my visit...

I was very satisfied with their service... will visit them again...

Ms colour gives rather competitive prices with good service. Personally, i do find that it is hard to find both good prices and good service in the same place. Ms colour impresses in both areas.

Service wise> They impressed me most when i last brought my dad there to buy a A95. Mr Loh patiently explained to my dad(who is totally clueless about photography) on all the different functions of the camera. My dad drives quite a hard bargain and can be quite a tough customer at times. Yet, he too left the shop feeling happy. I think that says alot.

Price wise> Try their e-quote system. One can always decide after getting the quotes.

All that being said, One man's meat is another man's poison. It is really up to individual's preference.

I am closing this thread based on the following:

1. The original question was vague, and there is a hint of baseless allegations about a vendor's trustworthyness.
    2. The originaltor has not clarified his position, while the thread has spun off in different directions.

As such, I feel that this thread is pointless and has the potential of generating misunderstandings.

Sin77, you are welcomes to open a new discussion if you can provide more conext to your question.

Thanks.

Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12