Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Ways to "Black & White" an image

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    220

    Default Ways to "Black & White" an image

    Anybody care to share how you convert a colour image to black and white? I dun think it's as simple as just hitting the desaturate button cos when I do that, I get quite a wash-out picture.

    I suspect we will need to fiddle around with the colour channels? Are there any nice plug-ins that I can use to achieve this result?

  2. #2

    Default

    There are a few ways. I prefer this method since you can adjust each RGB color individually.

    http://www.adobe.com/tips/phs8colorbw/main.html

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    There are a few ways. I prefer this method since you can adjust each RGB color individually.

    http://www.adobe.com/tips/phs8colorbw/main.html
    Hi! Thanx for the tip...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Greg Gorman has a pretty good method...

    http://www.gormanphotography.com/bw_conversion.pdf

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    Greg Gorman has a pretty good method...

    http://www.gormanphotography.com/bw_conversion.pdf
    can you please explain step number 9 and 14 please? I dont understand....in fact..I'm stuck on number 9...where to I choose 'Solid color'? Thanks in advance...

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgaFlippinMan
    can you please explain step number 9 and 14 please? I dont understand....in fact..I'm stuck on number 9...where to I choose 'Solid color'? Thanks in advance...
    ok..i found 'solid color' myself...but now i dun quite understand what i'm supposed to do picking the colors....anybody please?

  7. #7

    Default

    i will bookmark this already. xxxzzzxxx

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •