Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tamron launch 24-70 f/2.8 vc pzd

My experience with Tamron is fine. It's really knowing what you're getting.

Tamron's key niches has always been strong value for money and reasonable quality zoom lenses (and their various super zoom lenses).

I won't be too much hopes into it's optical quality, but this would also mean that I'd be really impressed if it can give the Canon and Nikon counterpart a run for their money.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Default Re: tamron launch 24-70 f/2.8 vc pzd

Very interested in this lens, still waiting for review.

$1k sounds decent!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow
    My experience with Tamron is fine. It's really knowing what you're getting.

Tamron's key niches has always been strong value for money and reasonable quality zoom lenses (and their various super zoom lenses).

I won't be too much hopes into it's optical quality, but this would also mean that I'd be really impressed if it can give the Canon and Nikon counterpart a run for their money.
    Actually, Tamron optics has great praises too. Just look at their 17-50mm (non VC), it's a budget lens that can deliver good sharp image! Slow focusing aside, it a good 2.8 zoom lens at such affordable price.

On the other hand, the service center here would need better geographical/working hours improvement... It's quite remote and it only opens during office hours in weekdays. It's very hard to get things repair unless u stay or work in the eastern side of Singapore.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

Actually, Tamron optics has great praises too. Just look at their 17-50mm (non VC), it's a budget lens that can deliver good sharp image! Slow focusing aside, it a good 2.8 zoom lens at such affordable price.

On the other hand, the service center here would need better geographical/working hours improvement... It's quite remote and it only opens during office hours in weekdays. It's very hard to get things repair unless u stay or work in the eastern side of Singapore.
    Haha. I know. I use that lens. And some other lenses deserves accolades too - like the Tamron 90mm macro.

I am not against 3rd party lenses, and I Know there are always exceptions. It is just that, in general, Tamron makes great value lenses (17-50mm, 90mm), or good all in one packages that aren't exactly the best, optically (18-270, 200-500)

Their f/2.8 lenses aren't exactly stellar (I think their 70-200 and 17-50 are beaten by Sigma), and so I won't want to pin too much hopes on this upcoming lens. This way, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a superb lens.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

based on the MTF charts it is sharper than the Canon 24-70 f2.8 MKI but totally looses the MKII. Seems good enough for the price, shall wait for more reviews on AF/VC performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post

totally agree on this. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow

Haha. I know. I use that lens. And some other lenses deserves accolades too - like the Tamron 90mm macro.

I am not against 3rd party lenses, and I Know there are always exceptions. It is just that, in general, Tamron makes great value lenses (17-50mm, 90mm), or good all in one packages that aren't exactly the best, optically (18-270, 200-500)

Their f/2.8 lenses aren't exactly stellar (I think their 70-200 and 17-50 are beaten by Sigma), and so I won't want to pin too much hopes on this upcoming lens. This way, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a superb lens.
    I do hope they will be better... Saving for trinity is not exactly easy... And this is the most used lens among the 3, I really hope it can be on par with the current 24-70mm.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post

Very often, they tell you the fault cannot be repaired one... the support is just bad.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

I do hope they will be better... Saving for trinity is not exactly easy... And this is the most used lens among the 3, I really hope it can be on par with the current 24-70mm.
    Of course. Then we can all save a bundle and still get VC!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Wanna get the 24-70 L but now I wait!!
    EOS 5DMkiii|17-40F4L|24-105f4L|70-200f4L IS|50f1.4|85f1.8|580EX II

That's video of the lens on YouTube.. Any news on the release in sg?

A more in-depth video review here:

First ever video reviews of Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 VC + 4-Way Comparos tutorial

Hopefully it performs well as it looks on paper!

Any idea what the street price is for this lens?
    An artist who realizes there is a supreme force and works gladly as an apprentice under heaven.

Onion ring bokeh spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by retrovox
    Onion ring bokeh spotted.
    Hmm...you talking about the 1st pic in that 1st review? Ya, spotted it and found it kinda odd.

when will it be available in sg?

I've been watching out for this lens and I'm really liking what I'm seeing. I'm not sure the Canon 24-70 II will be worth USD 1,000 more...

Another quick review > Photography RI Blog - James P. Jones Brief Review Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC USM - First Impressions Part 1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast