Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resignation notice experience.

Default Resignation notice experience.

How many of you have encountered hell after you resigned?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Resignation notice experience.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    How many of you have encountered hell after you resigned?
    depends on how u phrase it to the boss? i mean, if sufficient time was given, such that your notice will not throw a spanner into the works, i don't see why not.

then u have to tie up loose ends, pass on your current jobs/ideas to the guy taking over. if u do a nice succession, don't see a reason why u will encounter hell.

most companies might actually prefer an amiciable seperation. at least next time if they need you to come back, its a nice place to pick up. or u might never know when u might be going back

My notice period is 3 months long. I am current onto my final 2 weeks.

The boss has tried several ways to get me kicked out without compensation. Lucky I have evidence which shuts off all his accusations.

The boss has tried several ways to get me kicked out without compensation. Lucky I have evidence which shuts off all his accusations.
    you resigned and still got compensation? I tot only termination will get it
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

wow, what did your boss did to try kick u away?

usually 3 months resignation period is for management staffs.

Blog Entries

lulz? then good luck to you. pls share company name via pm if possible, so i know which boss to not work for lol

Quote Originally Posted by voxies09
    you resigned and still got compensation? I tot only termination will get it
    I have to give 3 months notice prior to my last day. If I wanna leave earlier then I gotta compensate. If they want me to leave early, then they gotta compensate

The company I used to work for (Big 4) decided to assign all failing projects to me after I tendered my resignation. So that they can buy time with the customer and say "it's his fault, but we got rid of him and things should be better now".
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79

wow, what did your boss did to try kick u away?

usually 3 months resignation period is for management staffs.
    Accuse me of doing less than minimal. I got evidence of my work that I am still working.

Yes, but I'm not management level. The company is just kiasu

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart

lulz? then good luck to you. pls share company name via pm if possible, so i know which boss to not work for lol
    Sure. PM me if you wanna know

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    The company I used to work for (Big 4) decided to assign all failing projects to me after I tendered my resignation. So that they can buy time with the customer and say "it's his fault, but we got rid of him and things should be better now".
    I encounter this too. Got the tougher clients to handle.

It is sad to hear of such treatment when staff resigned. Most times the 'boss' is also an employee themselves. It is how progressional one carry himself and discharging his duties.

Singapore is very small, more so if you want to stay in the same profession. Your subordinate may ends up being your boss some day, especially with retirement going beyond 62.

Be fair but firm. Don't do on others things you do not wish others will do to you. If you are not rich, at least you live with dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    wah, your boss very childish...in a company, there is no "i" , "you", "him". it is as a whole. the customer dont care who made the mistake.

but well , there are bosses who knows how to solve problem and there are bosses who know only how to make noise.
    Last edited by ninelives; 6th February 2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Objection !!!

My boss encountered hell when I fired him............................... .............................
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I hope your company/bosses represent only a small, insignificant part of humanity. It's not that they're breaking the law or something, but it's just totally unethical.. (And I do hope that I will never be in such a position to say/do things like that..)

Anyway, this is unrelated, but a friend of mine who works in a big bank told me that her company terminated some of her friends just few days before CNY as a cost cutting measurement.

I wonder when the whole family gathered during CNY.. how would he/she answer these kind of questions..

"Hey.. how are you doing? How's work?"
    Last edited by SilentSeth; 6th February 2012 at 11:50 PM.

its always never easy to quit n wait for that 'day' to arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by pyrroglaux View Post
    its always never easy to quit n wait for that 'day' to arrive...
    yeap, that's why I save my leaves and now I can resign and "clear leave" beyond my last day
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

i got a question...

let say i need to tender my resignation next month but this month i need to go for 2.5 weeks reservist, does this also counts towards my 1 month notice? :x

Quote Originally Posted by yqt

yeap, that's why I save my leaves and now I can resign and "clear leave" beyond my last day
    Too bad my company hard to save leaves. If got rich, need to wait till yr end n then throw one go n quit. Ha ha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i got a question...

let say i need to tender my resignation next month but this month i need to go for 2.5 weeks reservist, does this also counts towards my 1 month notice? :x
    Yes, I said one.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast